Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
cause WITH REAL he defended in big games.. he didn't take it to the other team.. and when he did.. well that's what cule's call a memorable classico

Yes Beast, but it was a catch 22. He isn't stupid, he knew the strengths of the squad. He worked accordingly.

He took it to Liverpool in the first leg, but we did not have anywhere near the creativity needed. In the second game, he went all out, we got raped.

Against Barcelona first game, it was his first in the league. Second game, he did what an honorable man would do and we got served due to the difference in quality. We did not even play bad that game, they were just 3 times better than us.

You said it yourself, I just don't think it is fair to say he has a small club mentality. He did what any sensible manager would do given the circumstances and worked on the same path Capello did to achieve success.

Break down the team into categories. Eliminate weak mentality. Take all the heat from the press in order to organize the lines. Find a consistent partnership in every department. Grind wins to motivate the players. Then build from then on a formidable team.

Casillas and Cannavaro have worked with the best out there having a long history and having them publicly support Juande and tout him for next season's manager weighs quite heavily in my books.

I think it has more to do with the fact that he was at helm during the Manita. Although I do not think it is his fault what so ever.

Beast

The Observer
i can't recall a manager surviving the Manita Raed..last one who got a Manita from Barca was Benito Floro and got the sack.. and Valdano was appointed and paid Barca back with a 5'er

Beast

The Observer
Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo insists he will remain at Old Trafford next season.

Much like last year, Ronaldo's future is constantly under the spotlight and Real Madrid have again been linked with a move for the Portugal international.

"At the moment I'm only thinking about the (Champions League) final independently of what will happen to me or my team-mates next season," he told Atena 3.

United are adamant he is not for sale but if Florentino Perez wins the Madrid presidential elections he is likely to make signing the world player of the year his number one priority.
However, Ronaldo claims Perez's efforts would be futile.

He added: "I'm sure Perez would create an incredible team at Madrid but at the moment I'm at United and I don't care about what happens there.

"I only care about what will happen next season at Manchester United."

A lot will be said as long as the season is not over.. if Man U lose people will say he wasn't giving 100 % due to his Real Madrid deal..
i don't think he should be a priority for Real , plenty of players can do the same job and cost at least 1/3 of his price..

I still believe what i said 2 month ago in Dinho thread.. i feel Perez will try to sign him ..even as a back up player ..somehow if all failed with him he will be the easiest way out .. a talented super star who is very cheap and need to get back to his best

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
ramos is a small-team manager because of the way he set real madrid out.

it was just like his sevilla team.

plan A was contain and counter.

you won how many games in a row? then won how many more after the atleti draw? and he never got the love because he never played with the kind of brilliance and dominance one expects from real madrid. the only flair in your side came from robben. the robben/messi comparisons were laughable and a desperate attempt to cling to some kind of parity, but he was your chief flair player. but he was never good enough. the boy got found out in big games against teams who know how to defend.

I'm sure people will say the squad wasn't good enough but I'm sorry, even without ruud and djila your squad is amazing. it's full of talented players and while it lacks a true number 10 (you have players who could have filled in there but ramos doesn't use that kind of formation anyway) playing a double-pivot of lass and gago protected the only real weakness (the defence). but in front of that pivot the game wasn't played with the right attitude and flair.

forget the barca games, he did what he had to do in the first one and that's not a small team mentality it's just common sense. but look at the other games. against valencia and villarreal he adopted the same tactics, defensive, cautious, just everything real madrid isn't. and even against smaller teams once you had one goal that was enough for juande. it was very much like what man utd did this season. but that's the difference between spain and england. whereas in england, even united who are known for positive attractive football, could get away with the run of clean-sheet minimal victories, in spain that stuff just doesn't cut the mustard.

england = pragmatism
spain = idealism

Beast

The Observer
Onieva decided to withdraw his application and stand down.. things are looking very Perezesque we might not have an election if Eduardo Garcia step down as well

meanwhile Real Madrid denied on our official website that there is deal between CR & Real Madrid

shadows

Onieva decided to withdraw his application and stand down.. things are looking very Perezesque we might not have an election if Eduardo Garcia step down as well

meanwhile Real Madrid denied on our official website that there is deal between CR & Real Madrid

was'nt Onieva the guy who embarrased himself by speaking something about JFK and Obama??

Beast

The Observer
Something is missing at Real Madrid

Reuters, Friday May 22 2009 *
Real want to win initiative back from Barcelona
* Barca's success built on homegrown talent
By Mark Elkington

MADRID, May 22 (Reuters) - There is something missing at Real Madrid and it is not just silverware from the 2008/9 season.
Barcelona's domestic league and cup double and the chance for a treble of trophies when they take on Manchester United in next week's Champions League final, is one thing worrying Real.
Even more galling is that their arch-rivals have overtaken them to be considered the entertainers and the benchmark when it comes to attractive, crowd-pleasing, attacking football.
Winning back the initiative is the task that now faces the candidates for the Real Madrid presidency, who have ten days in which to formally enter the race starting from Friday. The vote is to be held on June 14.
The director of Madrid-based sports daily AS, Alfredo Relano, wrote in a recent column: "Everyone agrees: the great advantage Barca have over Real isn't the team they have today, but this thing we call style...which is easier to understand than to define."
Pep Guardiola's success in his first season in charge at Barca has been to effectively apply a model of playing that has its origins in the days of John Cruyff's 'Dream team' of the early 1990s, of which Guardiola was an integral part.
It is built on a core of homegrown players such as Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi. All their youth teams play the same way as the first team, aiding the transition if youngsters get the call-up. It also builds a strong bond with the fans.
LOST LINK
Relano went on to say that Real lost their link with the past, their continuity, when former player Vicente del Bosque was sacked after leading them to the league title in 2003. Since then the club have had eight coaches.
Consecutive league crowns in 2007 and 2008 simply papered over the problem as both victorious coaches Fabio Capello and Bernd Schuster were sacked. The football has not lived up to the standards expected by their ever-demanding fans.
At Real, it has always been about how you win and success in Europe. They have crashed out of the Champions League at the first knockout round stage for the last five years in a row, whereas Barca are in their second final in four years.
Former Real president Florentino Perez, former vice-president Juan Onieva and the little-known Eduardo Garcia have said they will stand in next month's election.
Perez, the architect of the 'Galacticos' policy, is the hot favourite to win with his hints at a return to bank-breaking purchases of the world's top players, such as Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery among others.
Big-name coaches with widely differing approaches such as Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho, have been touted as Perez's favoured choices by the media, as possible replacements for Juande Ramos.
HOMEGROWN TALENT
An editorial in sports daily Marca, however, warned: "As well as great stars, the Madrid fans want homegrown talent...if not, he (Perez) will fail."
Players such as Alvaro Negredo, Esteban Granero and Juan Mata are examples of former Real youth team players who have had to leave to get first-team football, while former president Ramon Calderon splashed more than 250 million euros on new players between 2006 and 2009.
Real goalkeeper Iker Casillas has made a similar appeal, calling for the club to invest in Spanish talent.
Real's departing Italian defender Fabio Cannavaro supported Casillas's view: "I think in every club the nucleus of the team should be built around players from that team's country," he told Marca.
"Madrid need their own specific project, and their own identity."
Addressing these concerns will be as important as the headline purchases when the new president sets about building his model for Real Madrid's future from next month.
-------------------
couldn't be more true

Beast

The Observer
Mourinho has confirmed he received an offer from Real Madrid on Inter official website :(

Karma is a big bitch

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Don't think he'd leave Inter after one season methinks he wants another crack at the CL with Inter first to prove the doubters - like me - wrong in that Inter can do well in europe.

After that I think win or lose in europe he may well go.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Mourinho has confirmed he received an offer from Real Madrid on Inter official website :(

Karma is a big bitch

I came here to post the same thing.

Here is the full article:

APPIANO GENTILE - Seven days after winning his first Italian championship, José Mourinho began his pre-match press conference by commenting on the offer he has received from Real Madrid.

"I am an honest person, I always have been, and since I am sincere, I wanted to inform the president about this offer," said the Portuguese coach during his meeting with the press ahead of Cagliari-Inter. "He only heard about it from me, not from the press or anyone else, and if I really wanted to leave I wouldn't have said anything. I would just have left.

"If in the past I declared that I would stay here at 100%, perhaps I was wrong to because you have this kind of certainty about very few things in life. If I told the president about it, it's because I want to transform this 99.9% in 100%. And luckily, I said I will remain at 99.9% and not 99%, otherwise there would have been even greater space to talk about this matter.

"There's a small temptation that I'm not hiding. It's linked to destiny. We're not made of iron. I have already refused Real once in my career and a coach is different from a player - the trains can keep coming, even in thirty years' time."

The Inter coach closed the matter with direct words. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. I want to thank all those who wanted me at Inter. I have a contract, I'm very happy with what we have done and with what the club is building for the future. We have practically bought two players, the training ground with be transformed according to the needs of the team and we have been working for next season for a while now. I'm satisfied, but I'm also honest in saying that the proposal made to me was a small temptation for me. If I wasn't satisfied I would have said 50% or even less."

Mourinho has called up eighteen players for Inter's last away match of the season. Besides injured players Maicon and Nelson Rivas, the other absentees are Julio Cesar, Hernan Crespo, Luis Figo, Maxwell, Sulley Muntari and Dejan Stankovic, who have been granted a few extra days of leave. And, for a change, José revealed most of his starting lineup to face Cagliari: "Toldo, Santon, Burdisso, Materazzi, Chivu, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Vieira and Ibra. I just have to decide one or two players."

Moving on to the transfer market, Mourinho said: "If you ask me which three 'number 10s' I would like, I would say Kaka, Gerrard and Iniesta, but I can say that I like Deco and we have grown together in football. As for the future of Ibrahimovic, his ticket to leave isn't easy to pay and it's difficult to buy."

After the away match against Cagliari, Inter host local rivals Atalanta in the last match of the season. "In the last home match against Atalanta the Inter bench will change," announced Mourinho. "Me, Baresi, Oriali or Natalino Moratti, Butti and the others will be on the added bench. Bernazzani, Faria, Silvino, Fausto Sala and Giorgio Panico will be in our place. It's our way of thanking them, there's no lack of respect towards our opponents. It's just a present for those who have worked and won with us, but have never been on the bench. We will be in the so-called added bench."

M

Moe1981

23 May 2009 23:59:06 Refusing to throw in the towel

Raul and Marcelo have confirmed that despite Barcelona's premature celebrations there's still a chance for the league but the team has to fight until the very end.

Raul Gonzalez has reflected on the remainder of the season and reiterated the positive mood in the Madrid camp. "Everybody in Madrid is supporting us, Barcelona will undoubtedly be more focused on the Champion's league final which gives us a shot at closing the gap," he mused.

Marcelo has also backed his captain and confirmed that nobody in the club is ready to give in. "8 points is nothing, with 2 games left for us to play anything can still happen and the title will go down to the final week of the season. There's always a chance, when you play for Real Madrid the word surrender is not part of your vocabulary."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans