Ronald Koeman

khaled_a_d

agreed. got lucky with prime MSN, but was on the way to fucking it up initially with his macho bullshit, trying to put players in their place.

Pep had the 3 best players on the planet at their prime during his time here, better defense too.
Only superior line Lucho had was attack, so not sure how the luck argument can be used in the argument between those 2.
If anything, Pep was one of the luckiest coaches in the history of the game.

Bobo32

Pep had the 3 best players on the planet at their prime during his time here, better defense too.
Only superior line Lucho had was attack, so not sure how the luck argument can be used in the argument between those 2.
If anything, Pep was one of the luckiest coaches in the history of the game.

Pep took over a team that placed third with 67p the year before, sold the two best players, and won everything in a year.
Luis Enrique got the very well functioning team that Pep built + Suarez and Neymar and it ended pretty well in the end of the first season after he almost was sacked in the winter. Then it was pretty dire the next years again...

Pep was perfect and did perfectly, but if he was lucky then he has been pretty good for Bayern and City too...

malvolio

Pep took over a team that placed third with 67p the year before, sold the two best players, and won everything in a year.
Luis Enrique got the very well functioning team that Pep built + Suarez and Neymar and it ended pretty well in the end of the first season after he almost was sacked in the winter. Then it was pretty dire the next years again...

Pep was perfect and did perfectly, but if he was lucky then he has been pretty good for Bayern and City too...

Worth mentioning the brand of football played which was the best in the world by far, something that will go down in history. I'm not even sure most football fans remember if Lucho was on the bench for the MSN treble.

There is no comparison to be made between Pep and Lucho, they are worlds apart in every facet of football management.

Devils

Koeman: "You have to be realistic. Economically the club cannot compete with other teams like City, PSG or United. You have to accept it and work to change things. It will last for a long time.

Koeman: "Right now we can't fight the best teams in the world"

behindbrowneyes

Koeman: "You have to be realistic. Economically the club cannot compete with other teams like City, PSG or United. You have to accept it and work to change things. It will last for a long time.

Not what fans want to hear, but all facts. Better to accept the underdog role than guys like Busquets and Alba standing in front of the camera and saying "Barca is the best team in the world". We shouldn't live in the past and I'm tired of that shitty mentality after getting gangbanged in the CL year after year. Like one of those rich guys who think they are special just because their parents have money.

Bobo32

Not what fans want to hear, but all facts. Better to accept the underdog role than guys like Busquets and Alba standing in front of the camera and saying "Barca is the best team in the world". We shouldn't live in the past and I'm tired of that shitty mentality after getting gangbanged in the CL year after year. Like one of those rich guys who think they are special just because their parents have money.

lel@that comparison
Barca right now is the slightly poorer guy who has the talent but refuse to accept the responsibility and the challenge but give up beforehand with some excuses. Of course the current Barcelona squad could win it all.

Koeman said the team needed better players after HE failed last year. Now he says he needs a lot of money. I hope he says something completely different to the players and that this is some Sun Tzu-thing to try and make the opponents underestimate them, but I doubt it and I haven't seen him succeed in making the players seem to be in the right mental state very often. Right now he looks to be the weakest link of the team.

FinBarcelonafan

Happy to hear the truth instead of usual delusion of being the best club in the world

Gari

He said a little differently:“We have to be realistic. We just cannot compete economically with City, United or Par?s""The transfer figures are absurd. I think we are at a time where everyone has their financial problems. But it is crazy to pay so much money for a player today."

FC433

I forgot how important it is to have a world-class manager. I am afraid that we will miss the opportunity of getting Conte (can see him go to AFC) like we did/ felt with Tuchel. We desperately need a proper manager.

mc_lovin

I forgot how important it is to have a world-class manager. I am afraid that we will miss the opportunity of getting Conte (can see him go to AFC) like we did/ felt with Tuchel. We desperately need a proper manager.

Conte gives me nightmares. I am all for a proper manager though. Just don't see who.

FC433

Conte gives me nightmares. I am all for a proper manager though. Just don't see who.
Totally. A bit too demanding and vocal about that, not an easy option, but could be worth it. Messi made us forget the need for a manager the past what 5 seasons? I am tired of taking risks with potential good managers, I think it is time for us to get a world-class one.

FinBarcelonafan

Totally. A bit too demanding and vocal about that, not an easy option, but could be worth it. Messi made us forget the need for a manager the past what 5 seasons? I am tired of taking risks with potential good managers, I think it is time for us to get a world-class one.

That's why it was good to move to keep Koeman for this season. No world-class coach was available. Hopefully next summer. I am pretty certain that's Laporta's strategy too.

Home of Barca Fans