Ronald Koeman

serghei

Maybe Barcelona could actually afford the greatest possible replacement for Messi: Adama Traore?

Sorry for making fun of your darling. But he really does look like he could disintegrate if he runs too much. There are barely any muscles around those bones holding him together.

Bobo32

Sorry for making fun of your darling. But he really does look like he could disintegrate if he runs too much. There are barely any muscles around those bones holding him together.

I think he is the best ever at his position, and he has won more titles than most players. Did he ever have more muscles?
Your post is the same as criticizing Messi in 2021 for being too short...

FC433

That's why it was good to move to keep Koeman for this season. No world-class coach was available. Hopefully next summer. I am pretty certain that's Laporta's strategy too.
I think Conte is a great option. We are weak both on and off the pitch, Conte should help us with that, particularly our defensive setup + the fact that we do not have actual wingers (will most likely play 352).

Knowing Chelsea, I wouldn't be surprised they sacked Tuchel if he failed to win the league.
That is a possibility.

serghei

I think Conte is a great option. We are weak both on and off the pitch, Conte should help us with that, particularly our defensive setup + the fact that we do not have actual wingers (will most likely play 352).

That is a possibility.

Don't think so. Sacking a manager for not winning a league in which you are not a favorite sounds way too dumb for it to become reality. They will compete which the most you can ask when you have a league team like City there.

fergus90

The problem is I struggle to see what ideas/concepts he really has. I like his transparency and honesty but his tactical limitations mean we can't really seem to progress.

It's one year into his tenure and the team lacks a lot of movement and intensity both on and off the ball and our momentum seems to fizzle out after 10 or so minutes.

FinBarcelonafan

The problem is I struggle to see what ideas/concepts he really has. I like his transparency and honesty but his tactical limitations mean we can't really seem to progress.

It's one year into his tenure and the team lacks a lot of movement and intensity both on and off the ball and our momentum seems to fizzle out after 10 or so minutes.

Exactly, it doesn't look like the team is growing. We are not improving per se. If a coach is doing the job right, the game play should improve over time.

I don't see any improvements defensively for example. Offensively we look clueless. (Of course, lacking quality players too).

Windhook

I'm not defending him, but some events at the club this summer really ruined his plans. Messi left, club is bankrupt thanks to previous board. While most people here were dreaming of Haaland and other great signings, reality is we can't even get rid of dead legs like Umtiti due to lucrative contracts. We have no transfer budget, so basically Koeman has a harder task than previous season.

I hated the way we played today, but we won. And this is what our season will probably look like as we don't have the quality to dominate possesion anymore. Which leaves more open spaces for players like Depay and others.

fergus90

I'm not defending him, but some events at the club this summer really ruined his plans. Messi left, club is bankrupt thanks to previous board. While most people here were dreaming of Haaland and other great signings, reality is we can't even get rid of dead legs like Umtiti due to lucrative contracts. We have no transfer budget, so basically Koeman has a harder task than previous season.

I hated the way we played today, but we won. And this is what our season will probably look like as we don't have the quality to dominate possesion anymore. Which leaves more open spaces for players like Depay and others.

Don't get me wrong I also sympathise with him for outside noise but what concerns me is the things he can control show little to no improvement.

We seem to have no structure or patterns to our play as seen again in todays second half and the movement of the ball is so slow with a general lack of intensity.

If he thinks it's a personnel problem its time to incorporate some of the younger players more often and drop the old guard.

Messigician

Get ready folks it's a stinker

Koeman: "I don't understand the whistles against Griezmann."

Is Riqui Puig not in your plans?

Koeman: "Everyone, including the club, knows that

serghei

It's the same with all conservative managers. There is no philosophy, but the default template. These managers are basically as good as their handling of the locker room is, and as good as the players they have at their disposal are. The plus-value added by tactics is not there because the tactics are as basic as they get.

He's in a bad spot. His tactical ability is limited, vision is average, and he has too few aces in the team to decide the games. He's cooked. Koeman could have been successful if he signed instead of EV in 2017.

Last edited:

serghei

Get ready folks it's a stinker

Koeman: "I don't understand the whistles against Griezmann."

Is Riqui Puig not in your plans?

Koeman: "Everyone, including the club, knows that

:lol: He doesn't understand that Laporta is waiting for the season to pass to release him. He won't trim the squad based on his decisions because Laporta already confirmed he doesn't trust his decision making.

Bobo32

:lol: He doesn't understand that Laporta is waiting for the season to pass to release him. He won't trim the squad based on his decisions because Laporta already confirmed he doesn't trust his decision making.

Yeah Koeman surely understands that.
It is good that he goes out on his sword, and doesn't let Laporta or others decide for him. They should release him now then instead, he has no reason to try and play in a way that he himself does not believe in. If only Setien could've been more like that, he could've been a success.

Koemans fault is primarily that he isn't able to get the team to play very well, and secondarily that his opinion regarding some players is bad, and that he isn't able to use them to their potential.

Home of Barca Fans