Ronald Koeman

serghei

This season is a write-off. If guys like Gavi and Nico can get game time and Dest develops better it's enough. In before Koeman plays Busi, Roberto, and that Douglas copy Emerson and all 3 sit around rubbing the bench next to chief bench warmers P&P.

Ah, and there's one more key thing. Fati getting back in top match rhythm and putting this injury behind him.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No way Koeman can last through December, Laporta will have to cough up the poison pill Bartomeu agreed to terminate his contract early. Else, as others have weighed in the season will be a loss anyway you look at it

FC B

No way Koeman can last through December, Laporta will have to cough up the poison pill Bartomeu agreed to terminate his contract early. Else, as others have weighed in the season will be a loss anyway you look at it

Rumours about Laporta sacking RK will start to emerge as soon as 15th of September.

malvolio

With the games coming up, at the end of November he should be done.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Unless the team are at the risk of missing out of top four which is very unlikely he'll finish the season.

Besides it's not like there's an elite manager available right now that would agree to take over.

serghei

Laporta should talk to him, tell him this is his last season and we will part ways next summer, maybe if the chance of extension is out of the table, Koeman will get fully on board with reconstruction.

Right now he's living the same delusion as his predecessors, thinking these old dudes are gonna win him La Liga and grant him an extension.

DonAK

Laporta should talk to him, tell him this is his last season and we will part ways next summer, maybe if the chance of extension is out of the table, Koeman will get fully on board with reconstruction.

What do you really want Koeman to do?

serghei

What do you really want Koeman to do?

Phase out the big liabilities and replace them with La Masia talents. Alba is the only veteran playing on ability with the proper fitness level currently. Busi out, Pique out. Both bench, rotational players.

Roberto could still play as he is not as finished physically. Although he should not get extended except under much lower salary.

I'd want him out regardless because tactically he's outdated. But I'd be happy with him overall if I could see less of these washed-up players playing 99% of the time they are available.

Last edited:

Messigician

Right now he's living the same delusion as his predecessors, thinking these old dudes are gonna win him La Liga and grant him an extension.

I mean we threw away the league last season...

DonAK

Phase out the big liabilities and replace them with La Masia talents. Alba is the only veteran playing on ability with the proper fitness level currently.

Araujo and Eric Garcia are going to get plenty of minutes.

Busquets is going to play no matter who the manager is. Luis Enrique always plays him for Spain as well. Perhaps he gets rotated more though, but no chance someone like Nico starts over him unless he's really convincing which would take multiple games to figure out.

The team have to achieve its goals of making top four too. Cannot just throw everyone out there and risk a bad run of form.

serghei

Araujo and Eric Garcia are going to get plenty of minutes.

Busquets is going to play no matter who the manager is. Luis Enrique always plays him for Spain as well. Perhaps he gets rotated more though, but no chance someone like Nico starts over him unless he's really convincing which would take multiple games to figure out.

The team have to achieve its goals of making top four too. Cannot just throw everyone out there and risk a bad run of form.

I don't rate Lucho highly. IMO, he's similar to EV and Koeman in terms of ideas. We'll achieve top 4 without Busi and Pique. We played our best last season with Mingueza instead of Pique anyway as he was injured when we were collecting the most points in La Liga.

Last edited:

DonAK

I don't rate Lucho highly. IMO, he's similar to EV and Koeman in terms of ideas.

The current season is all about getting to the end and giving the likes of Nico, Gavi, Balde, Demir more minutes when the situation allows it. We're not going far with Koeman anyway.

It's all about getting to next season with a different manager, whomever that end up being, although given how Laporta and Alemany are working right now I'm not overly confident it will be a definitive upgrade over Koeman.

Maybe Laporta will swallow his pride and hire Xavi.....or perhaps he promotes his good buddy Sergi Barjuan from Barca B who look underwhelming so far.

Home of Barca Fans