Ronald Koeman

Joan

To return to the previous topic, won't pretend I know better or that I've got a solution up my sleeve, but it's obvious whatever he's playing is not working as the team's performance don't improve with time. He's trying out things in the backline, but keeps the attack the same. Griezmann who hasn't been noticed once since the season began, Braithwaite who's your ordinary bum and a performing Depay. Some changes must be made and new things, lineups and formations tried out.

jamrock

Laporta with that quote trying to pat himself on back as if it was his board that prompted the rise of the great Barca side from La Masia.

Didnt happen that way.

How exactly did it happen? Apart from the facts that billions of people witness.

How exactly in detail did it happen?.

Birdy

To return to the previous topic, won't pretend I know better or that I've got a solution up my sleeve, but it's obvious whatever he's playing is not working as the team's performance don't improve with time. He's trying out things in the backline, but keeps the attack the same. Griezmann who hasn't been noticed once since the season began, Braithwaite who's your ordinary bum and a performing Depay. Some changes must be made and new things, lineups and formations tried out.

Based on performance, Griezzy should have stayed on the bench most of last season as well.
Unfortunately, it seems that Koeman will never bench him for someone like Demir, despite needing to do so.
But he can - and hopefully will- bench him for Dembele or Ansu.
Fingers crossed that we will see new faces in the attack soon

JamDav1982

How exactly did it happen? Apart from the facts that billions of people witness.

How exactly in detail did it happen?.

It happened because the greatest generation of all time was there in the Barca system.

There was no encouragement that made any difference to the quality of those players and if anything they almost missed out on Pedri/Busquets who were not rated by the board until Pep took them through. While likes of Iniesta and Xavi at different times were becoming disillusioned with their role.. again that changed when a coach trusted them and their quality.

Billions of people didnt witness Laporta or board encouraging youngsters through. Utter garbage. It was all about the quality of those players.

khaled_a_d

This is going to be how we are going to play for the foreseeable future until we are capable again of signing players from other team and not just free agents.
We need at least 3 or 4 players in our top 14 rotations, including at least a starting DM.

Until we reach that point, our play will be ugly, veterans will continue to get minutes and we won't won any trophies, at least not on convincible way.
This is regardless of who is sitting on the bench, managers aren't magicians and there is a limit of what can they do. Even the great Pep had to change half of his City squad to win the league.

La Masia won't be the answer eitherr, if one third of the U-23 players we are using right now (Araujo/Mingueza/Dest/Emerson/Balde/Nico/Gavi/Pedri/Demir/Ansu/Collado/Puig) became a top 15 players in CL contending team, it will be one of a hell of an achievement

Koeman is just an easy guy to vent our frustration on, I don't believe he is great coach but I don't think it is fair to judge him on his time here.

kattanib

Toothless Cowman bites, but how long can he hold?

His comments lately and the way he subs in defenders for attackers in home games against average teams is pathetic. The guy has no philosophy other than fake it till you make it

i_bleed_blaugrana

Koeman is good but not great manager. I strongly agree with the sentiment that if he had been here instead of Valverde, he and that squad would have been more successful.

I think his strongest qualities as a manger stem from his preparation and training of the squad. He seems to be a good trainer because his systems are organized and when his teams are set, they can be solid. His defensive organization is strong while his defensive transitions are so-so. We could be a lot better on the break but we at least press decently at times. In all fairness, organization, structure and good cohesive pressing were things we did not have under Setien & Valverde.

My biggest gripes with him from a systems perspective is the offensive side of the game. Our offensive organization is mediocre in the build-up phase and below average in the final third. He really relies on Busi and Frenkie to find the right man in pressure situations during the build-up and relies way too much on wing-play for chance creation. Serghei said it well in that photo with City but Koeman tries to go outside-in (like Zidane for example) rather than inside-out like Pep. That is why we rarely create a lot of chances off of quick 1-2s and rely more on cutbacks or driven crosses from out wide.

We are still terrible in our offensive transitions and recovering our shape in a timely fashion. Part of this is because we can struggle to create chances, the midfielders have a lot of pressure to provide box presence and the space between our lines gets easily stretched. Exactly why PSG was such a disaster, especially with his subs.

This lastly leads to his biggest weakness as a manager and why I think the sooner we move on, the better: in-game management. Mans can not read a game to save his life, same thing as Valverde in a lot of ways and waits to react to a problem tactically until it is way too late. His substitutions are like when you play the AI on FIFA in career mode: chasing a game? Take of a CB and put on a striker! Need to protect a lead? Take off a striker and put on a CB! Its is pretty laughable at times and he has thrown quite a few matches for us in the past doing this type of shit.

malvolio

Koeman is just an easy guy to vent our frustration on, I don't believe he is great coach but I don't think it is fair to judge him on his time here.

koeman is just part of the problem. a guy that wouldn?t be in this job if we had a competent board.

Messigician

Koeman is good but not great manager. I strongly agree with the sentiment that if he had been here instead of Valverde, he and that squad would have been more successful.

I think his strongest qualities as a manger stem from his preparation and training of the squad. He seems to be a good trainer because his systems are organized and when his teams are set, they can be solid. His defensive organization is strong while his defensive transitions are so-so. We could be a lot better on the break but we at least press decently at times. In all fairness, organization, structure and good cohesive pressing were things we did not have under Setien & Valverde.

My biggest gripes with him from a systems perspective is the offensive side of the game. Our offensive organization is mediocre in the build-up phase and below average in the final third. He really relies on Busi and Frenkie to find the right man in pressure situations during the build-up and relies way too much on wing-play for chance creation. Serghei said it well in that photo with City but Koeman tries to go outside-in (like Zidane for example) rather than inside-out like Pep. That is why we rarely create a lot of chances off of quick 1-2s and rely more on cutbacks or driven crosses from out wide.

We are still terrible in our offensive transitions and recovering our shape in a timely fashion. Part of this is because we can struggle to create chances, the midfielders have a lot of pressure to provide box presence and the space between our lines gets easily stretched. Exactly why PSG was such a disaster, especially with his subs.

This lastly leads to his biggest weakness as a manager and why I think the sooner we move on, the better: in-game management. Mans can not read a game to save his life, same thing as Valverde in a lot of ways and waits to react to a problem tactically until it is way too late. His substitutions are like when you play the AI on FIFA in career mode: chasing a game? Take of a CB and put on a striker! Need to protect a lead? Take off a striker and put on a CB! Its is pretty laughable at times and he has thrown quite a few matches for us in the past doing this type of shit.

No offence but you don't know what you're talking about.

Valverde was always quick to change his tactics. Such as a 442 after losing Neymar. He also adapted with a different formation after the loss to Real Betis.

He was known for making quick adjustments vs real Madrid which rivals were quick to notice such as in the 0-0 draw in his final clasico in charge.

Barcilliant

No offence but you don't know what you're talking about.

Valverde was always quick to change his tactics. Such as a 442 after losing Neymar. He also adapted with a different formation after the loss to Real Betis.

He was known for making quick adjustments vs real Madrid which rivals were quick to notice such as in the 0-0 draw in his final clasico in charge.

The legendary Valverde who started our trend of getting gangbanged in Cl. Not to mention Valverde had a much stronger squad than Koeman currently has. Valverde was such a lazy prick half of the time he was giving our players the day off! After he left we came to confirm what we all suspected. Half assed training sessions with no intensity. No proper physical preparation and players treat g the club like a retirement home or a summer camp.
Fuck Valverde. Alot of the time his football was dire too. However his lasting legacy will always be those fucking toothless exits from cl despite a three goal cushion from the first leg.
Funny how he hasn't returned to management.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The fact that rumours are that Puig will be going nowhere suggests to me that Laporta et al have more confidence in him than the coach which underscores my sentiment as well

Xavi, we wait for you

Home of Barca Fans