Ronald Koeman

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This is going to be how we are going to play for the foreseeable future until we are capable again of signing players from other team and not just free agents.
We need at least 3 or 4 players in our top 14 rotations, including at least a starting DM.

Until we reach that point, our play will be ugly, veterans will continue to get minutes and we won't won any trophies, at least not on convincible way.
This is regardless of who is sitting on the bench, managers aren't magicians and there is a limit of what can they do. Even the great Pep had to change half of his City squad to win the league.

La Masia won't be the answer eitherr, if one third of the U-23 players we are using right now (Araujo/Mingueza/Dest/Emerson/Balde/Nico/Gavi/Pedri/Demir/Ansu/Collado/Puig) became a top 15 players in CL contending team, it will be one of a hell of an achievement

Koeman is just an easy guy to vent our frustration on, I don't believe he is great coach but I don't think it is fair to judge him on his time here.

Over simplification if not outright copout

Either it's a true restart and you attempt to play the 'Barca way' or you shoehorn players to get as many points out of the season - it can't be both and presently we seem to be witnessing Koeman go for the latter which he tried last season and failed miserably during the business stretch of the season

As I say, proof is in the pudding - Koeman was horrible at Everton and just about everywhere he has coached, with last season being his most 'successful'. To expect more/better is delusional. He filled a need during a difficult time but it's clear he is not a solution long-term

malvolio

The fact that rumours are that Puig will be going nowhere suggests to me that Laporta et al have more confidence in him than the coach which underscores my sentiment as well

Xavi, we wait for you

puig seems to come from a wealthy family. hangs out at pique's house and plays golf with laporta. i assume he is in his comfort zone and isn't all that bothered about his career.

otherwise he would have tried a move for play time, either in spain or abroad. heck, even playing for espanyol would be good for him, if he doesn't want to leave barcelona.

BBZ8800

Laporta is starting to annoy me with his Puig and 2003' obssession.

Also, he kinda killed his own Rijkaard's team when Txiki Begiristain wanted Forlan, yet Laporta wanted washed out Henry who was his childhood wet dream from Arsenal.

In 5 years, Riki Puig won't be able to lace Alena's boots, how horrible allround player he is.
And yet Alena is an average bottom table team La Liga midfielder.

mc_lovin

Sooo, you seriously think Laporta pressures the club/Koeman to keep Puig in the first team?

It cannot be that Puig just has no ambition and likes the status of a Barcelona player while playing golf?

BBZ8800

Sooo, you seriously think Laporta pressures the club/Koeman to keep Puig in the first team?

It cannot be that Puig just has no ambition and likes the status of a Barcelona player while playing golf?

When I was younger, I thought that everything is football and that players are bought, played and used based on their football skills.

But over the years, you see that players are bought due to politics, marketing, sponsors, to keep fans happy, to keep players happy (Messi) etc.

For example, in Barca's case, you should never forget Catalonia's indenpendence wishes, which are quite strong.
And then, since probably 50% people in Catalonia want indenpendence, you need to make people happy by giving them local players.
Then it is no such a surprise that Busi is undroppable no matter what.
Or another Catalan, Pique.
Or another Catalan, Roberto.
Everyone could be sold and placed on transferlist, but Catalan players can't.
Now, is it just because of football merits or emotions, politics and other things are deeply involved here?
The same happened under Laporta in 2003 and to some extent in 2008.

Then the case of signing Aguero to make Messi happy.
Or how Laporta wanted to build a club in 2003 around David Beckham, lol?
A pure marketing and a business. It has nothing with football, and especially it has nothing with Joga Bonita, TikiTaka and more than a club mottos for naive fans.

About Riki, La Masia and young players, imo, it is a mix of our bad situation where we don't have the money paired with the idea from above of a team filled Catalan players in times of indenpendency hostile situation.

Further, remember our annual need to sign a player from Brasil.
Remember how even Nike wanted to pay a part of Coutinho's (Brazilian) transfer to Barca.

User [MENTION=21486]snowy[/MENTION] posted a video a few days back where we apparently didn't want to sign Davies because he was a Canadian.
It could be a pure nonsense and fake news, but on the other hand it could be perfectly legit and a proof how the business is run: we have a certain type of players whom we need to buy, we have a certain nationalities who fit well cultural style and sponsors wise, we have a certain quota of Catalan players needed in a team to make right-wing Catalan fans happy etc.

I don't know too much about Barca and Catalonia and about gossip from the street, but from following my domestic clubs, I am 99% sure that all big corporations, and football clubs are guided by mafia, corruption, corrupted and paid media, money, politics, sponsors etc.

About Laporta and Puig:
1. either Laporta is beyond dumb because he has faith in Puig
2. or Puig's case is way deeper than football and involves some politics, emotions and things related to Catalania independence and a quota of Catalan players (and young domestic posterboys)

Last edited:

malvolio

Then the case of signing Aguero to make Messi happy.

1. we needed a striker with pedigree on a free/low transfer fee + low salary
2. never happened before when messi was here - to sign one of his friends that is
3. messi was on the chopping block so why would we grant his wishes? that is if you believe laporta to be that stupid as to not know we didn't have money to keep messi, before he came out with the truth

you're probably right about the catalans and brazilians

JamDav1982

Still trying to justify Aguero as if was anything but an attempt to make Messi happy.

It clearly was. His legs are done and not even remotely profile of striker Barca needed and Depay was signed to be the number 9 already. So the 'needed a striker' argument falls flat.

malvolio

Still trying to justify Aguero as if was anything but an attempt to make Messi happy.

It clearly was. His legs are done and not even remotely profile of striker Barca needed and Depay was signed to be the number 9 already. So the 'needed a striker' argument falls flat.

hurr durr, no actual argument but here you are posting stupid shit.

no, we didn't need a striker. we were fine.

JamDav1982

hurr durr, no actual argument but here you are posting stupid shit.

Keep trying to justify Aguero signing.

Messis white knight you really are.

Moronic to think he would be signed if Messi not at club but there you go.

Quote Laportas 'facts' as evidence again then call him liar when it suits.

malvolio

Keep trying to justify Aguero signing.

Messis white knight you really are.

Moronic to think he would be signed if Messi not at club but there you go.

Quote Laportas 'facts' as evidence again then call him liar when it suits.

keep trying to suck my dick jammie. it ain't happening.

mc_lovin

Aguero is a hardly a move to get agitated about. He's on rather low wages, and looking at our striker situation it made sense.

Home of Barca Fans