Ronald Koeman

bismp

It’s quite interesting how we’ll line up next year.

Unfortunately our genius rats at the board have made no additions to the defense,which mean we’ll be shit again.

However,things will be interesting up front.

In the midfield,I suppose that Pjanic and FDJ will be starters and the one last spot will be shared by Puig,Gini(?),Alena,Busi.I think the midfield can be solid.

However,the attack line is quite problematic.Our options are Messi,Griezmann,Coutinho,Dembele,Fati and Trincao. Playing both Coutinho and Griezmann will be a disaster,one of them needs to come from the bench. I would start Dembele to give us some speed and give as many chances as possible to Fati and Trincao to be honest.Maybe Koeman can slot Coutinho at the midfield positions.

FC433

I may be delusional but I'm pretty excited to see how Koeman's Barca does.
I am feeling good and positive about this coming season, for now. Alba, Busquets, Vidal, and Suarez must not start any game unless it is absolutely necessary.

Andrew M

I am feeling good and positive about this coming season, for now. Alba, Busquets, Vidal, and Suarez must not start any game unless it is absolutely necessary.

I can see Alba starting. In midfield we don't need busquets

Last edited:

Andrew M

^
I agree. Let us hope that Vidal and Suarez are on their way to Inter and Juve.

It would be nice but their exits are dragging on and on. Although I have faith that even in the worst case scenario Koeman's team selection will be meritocratic and he will follow through with his axe wielding

Messi983

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...28037/fc-barcelona-barca-koeman-espacios.html

The last three eliminations of Bar?a in the Champions League, so painful, revealed some gaps in Bar?a's game that the day-to-day of the League concealed. The diagnosis is, broadly speaking, that the team had a physical tone far below the rivals, that the intensity could not be maintained for 90 minutes and that ball possession was confused with static football. The ball, too often, was requested at the foot and passed to the foot. Every time there were fewer unchecks, fewer strikers who pulled the diagonal, fewer unfolds on the side and, as a consequence, it was easier to defend football. It was enough with order in the block, with accumulation of players and concentration in one against one to stop Bar?a. If, in addition, the actions of Bar?a were increasingly slow, the drama was written. Against teams with a soccer talent similar to Bar?a but with greater speed, Valverde's team suffered, Seti?n's team prayed and after confinement it was already a real nightmare. Koeman, with Albert Rocas in the physical preparation, is not only going to impose some training sessions to return to the speed of Luis Enrique's early years, but he is also going to try to get Bar?a to make better use of the spaces. The comfort zone of pizza delivery people is going to end.

:lol:

Playing faster and making a better use of the spaces looks good in theory but we'll see if he can actually make it work.

khaled_a_d

I read the same thing when Setien came. I hope it doesn’t just stay on the story again.

I heard about great new ideas with every new coach. From Rijkaard to Koeman, including Pep,Tito,Tata,Lucho & EV.
It is this time of the year were tabloids has no games to talk, so they can always speak about how great the new coach and sell clicks/papers to old socios.
It is a piece of bs at this point.

Kul_z

We need pace and intensity. We need constant attacks. We need middlefielders who would on the ball look to progress further not to pass it to the 'comfort zone'. For that we need stammina. Our main problem last couple of years was that when we were on the ball, opponents knew that we are getting on them with slow build up, most of the times. When was the last time, when our cb's had the ball that we went smart but powerfull and risky with build up when we crossed the opponents half?
We are playing right now like we used to play under guardiola and enrique, but scoreline was not 0-0 or worse, it was 3,4,5 -0 and then we had that slow build up, killing the game. We need a proper warm up, ruthless approach since the start of the game, with 'fire at will' command in 25 meters zone.
We have the quality, but our tactical setup, with condition of our players is what you get against a very best opponent.

Lets hope that barca could be watchable again, and yet again, adapt to modern football, but use skills and make the game exciting again, because all the champions league winners since us are fuck all but not entartainers. Not at all.
No magic, no skills, nothing.

Home of Barca Fans