Ronald Koeman

jairzinho

Ended up being a massive failure but still deserves every single penny. There's different ways to look at this. 1st thing is he is without doubt a club legend. That being said, he failed miserably in the end, no arguments there. However, he did have to work in horrible conditions both on and off the field, politics, near bankruptcy, scandals etc. Too many distractions tbh.

End of the day though i think we were right to terminate as team losts its way, completely and there were other comments he made which he should not have etc. But he deserves to get the full compensation that is due no question.

olivis

Ended up being a massive failure but still deserves every single penny. There's different ways to look at this. 1st thing is he is without doubt a club legend. That being said, he failed miserably in the end, no arguments there. However, he did have to work in horrible conditions both on and off the field, politics, near bankruptcy, scandals etc. Too many distractions tbh.

End of the day though i think we were right to terminate as team losts its way, completely and there were other comments he made which he should not have etc. But he deserves to get the full compensation that is due no question.

There is no other way to look at it. We must respect contracts and agreements.

Bobo32

There is no other way to look at it. We must respect contracts and agreements.

He should be the first to take the 50% cut tbchwy.

Of course a paper is a paper, but if a "club legend" should continue to be a "club legend" he should at least be willing to listen to Laporta and maybe renegotiate what seems like a very strange contract given by the former incompetent board, almost out of spite?!

Windhook

As a fan of his playing days I feel sorry for him, but let's be real. His coaching career went downhill after Valencia and for 10 years he worked with midtable clubs to build up his resume. The good results at Netherlands NT made him the perfect candidate to fight the crisis going on at Barcelona last year. The squad was full of mentally broken players and someone had to guide them and Koeman seemed to have found the key, the 3-5-2 worked well in March, also had the chance to win the league few rounds before the end. His biggest mistake was dismissing Suarez.

Bobo32

I don't remember specific posters that much, but it seems a lot of posters jump at him now after he got sacked, there was still some mild loyalty from a lot of people just days ago. And just some months ago, before the league was lost, there were many who seemed almost blindly loyal to him on this forum.

Now I only see negativity, is there anyone who has good things to say about him still?

ajnotkeith

I don't remember specific posters that much, but it seems a lot of posters jump at him now after he got sacked, there was still some mild loyalty from a lot of people just days ago. And just some months ago, before the league was lost, there were many who seemed almost blindly loyal to him on this forum.

Now I only see negativity, is there anyone who has good things to say about him still?

Not many coaches can succeed in the terrible working conditions he was put in. He also seems to have a pretty good eye for talent as most of his 'bets' have turned out pleasant surprises. Other than that not a lot of good.

Bobo32

Not many coaches can succeed in the terrible working conditions he was put in. He also seems to have a pretty good eye for talent as most of his 'bets' have turned out pleasant surprises. Other than that not a lot of good.

Mingueza is one I'll have to give to him.
He fell in love with Pedri in december, and Gavi pretty immediately, these are great talents impossible to miss almost. I think both were used too much prematurely, but they are surely thankful.
Ilaix was another "great talent" he trusted a lot, but I don't like his eye there...
Nico was someone I too wanted to see from the first game of Barcelona B I saw, I guess it's good that he tried him after a year.
Konrad, Collado, Puig are some players he disregarded, I guess time will tell if it was a sign of him having a good eye.

I think it's a bit distasteful the way he himself boasts about using young players, but it will probably be what he is remembered for yeah.

JamDav1982

Araujo, Mingueza, Dest, Pedri, Nico, Gavi, Balde, Demir, Ilaix all young player he gave chances to and virtually all when other options.

Definitely a huge plus point of time in charge and how gave so many chances and helped likes of Pedri develop.

It will be next coach who gets biggest benefit of the young players.

Rassvet

Araujo, Mingueza, Dest, Pedri, Nico, Gavi, Balde, Demir, Ilaix all young player he gave chances to and virtually all when other options.

Definitely a huge plus point of time in charge and how gave so many chances and helped likes of Pedri develop.

It will be next coach who gets biggest benefit of the young players.

None of those improved over Koeman's tenure

Messigician

(🌕) Ronald Koeman wants every penny. The total money owed is around ?12M, which has nothing to do with the settlement with the Dutch Federation. Bar?a have offered ?7M/?8M, informs Lluis Canut. #FCB 🇳🇱💰

Is this your legend cules?

Home of Barca Fans