Sandro Ramirez

DinhoR10

Too early to say that Deulofeu failed, he's 20 ffs.

He's not failed but his chances at barca have been hampered greatly by two shitty loans. Imagine if he went to Lucho in Celta. Under lucho Rafinha became the best youth player imagine what Deulofeu would've become coming off the heels of his otherworldly b-team season. If Lucho was the same hardass as he is now he'd have Pedro's workrate with Neymar's skill (Hyperbole). Its sad cause for all we know we could have had a player knocking on the door of the starting 11 instead of trying to prove his worth in yet another shitty loan.

kozza

What are Lucho plans for him ? I am pissed off that Munir is in front of him in the hierarchy of B team strikers (he trained with them this week), Sandro was much better with A-team and scored more goals in less minutes, although he is technically less gifted than Munir, he showed much more intelligence in his positional play an he seemed to understand perfectly his tactical role while Munir was more and more lost on the pitch, I hope he will continue as a Suarez substitute next season but I am afraid Lucho let him go and relies on Munir, which would be a huge mistake and we will find ourselves buying another striker in the future for 30M at least.

Zangash

Banned
What are Lucho plans for him ? I am pissed off that Munir is in front of him in the hierarchy of B team strikers (he trained with them this week), Sandro was much better with A-team and scored more goals in less minutes, although he is technically less gifted than Munir, he showed much more intelligence in his positional play an he seemed to understand perfectly his tactical role while Munir was more and more lost on the pitch, I hope he will continue as a Suarez substitute next season but I am afraid Lucho let him go and relies on Munir, which would be a huge mistake and we will find ourselves buying another striker in the future for 30M at least.

Munir, overall, is the better player. Sandro had a lot of Pedro-fever, in that he mostly played against tired teams as a sub. As the players progress Munir will be the one who is a better fit for the team. The problem Munir had was a dip in confidence.

kozza

Actually Sandro was better for the first team and showed it on the pitch, he scored in Liga ,Copa and CL while Munir scored just one goal, don't know why Lucho seems to consider Munir as n°1, we could loose Sandro to Juventus this summer if it continues.

Zangash

Banned
Actually Sandro was better for the first team and showed it on the pitch, he scored in Liga ,Copa and CL while Munir scored just one goal, don't know why Lucho seems to consider Munir as n°1, we could loose Sandro to Juventus this summer if it continues.

Munir had several goals wrongly disallowed. He also played smartly and won us several penalties that weren't actually given. It doesn't show in the stats, but Munir was better overall. Even watching their general play, it was pretty clear which one meshed with the team more. Munir put in more defensive work and linked up better with the midfield than Sandro did, but Sandro, being the pure striker he is, scored more. He's also able to play anywhere across our front line, while Sandro is only going to be effective playing in that center spot. If given time to develop there's little doubt which one will turn into a more Barca suited forward, and with Sandro not having a price tag slapped onto him there won't be any need to shoehorn him into the team if not needed.

kozza

Munir was actually bad at winger position Vs sociedad and even VS Huesca, he can't do much more than pressing and waiting for a ball in the back of the defenders, he may evolve and improve greatly his decision making but it's not guaranteed and many former future stars failed into it, he needs time to gain maturity, while Sandro is closer to help first team.

BBZ8800

To be honest, probably none of our young forwards will make it.
Adama lacks footballing IQ. Halilovic also.
Deulofeu has some similar problems.
Munir and Sandro have better decisions and higher IQ, but the question remains whether they are technically good enough for Barca.

If you think that we could lose Sandro to Juventus and that he would actually play there, you are extremely overrating him.
He will probably be a midtable La Liga team attacker one day.

About his goal ratio with the first team, that is a too small sample to draw any conclusions.
With Bteam, he was very poor to average (ok, the whole team was very poor, but still.)
Unless if you would ask for an option: Give him a shot in the first team with Messi and Neymar.

Again, then we should give chances in the first team to Deulo, Adama, Halil, Munir, Sandro. Virtually to any young player to check whether they show a huge improvement when playing with our big boys.

But it doesn't work that way.
You, as a player, need to "earn" credits to get chances in the first team, and not the opposite way, that a team offers you chances and then it is up to you to make it or not.

For example, every La liga match till the end of the Season is like a final.
We can't give minutes to any young player.
Every cup match, the same story.
Champions league, the same story.

Barca is not a place for testing young players and for giving them unlimited amount of chances.
You have to earn your chance with displays in Bteam, on loans and on trainings with A-team.

If Munir gets more chances than Adama, Sandro or Deulofeu, there is probably a strong reason for that, when you take all these things into a consideration.

Imo, Munir is currently the most promising player, but still it can easily happen that ALL of our young forwards fail, and that none of them come close to even Pedro's level.

khaled_a_d

If Munir gets more chances than Adama, Sandro or Deulofeu, there is probably a strong reason for that, when you take all these things into a consideration.

This isn't always true ,sometimes it is just the coach preference and even for the best coaches it can be wrong .among other factors
Marc Crosas was once getting more chances with 1st team than Busquets as both were same age .Bojan and GDS both were promoted way b4 than older player like Pedro

raki

To be honest, probably none of our young forwards will make it.
Adama lacks footballing IQ. Halilovic also.
Deulofeu has some similar problems.
Munir and Sandro have better decisions and higher IQ, but the question remains whether they are technically good enough for Barca.

If you think that we could lose Sandro to Juventus and that he would actually play there, you are extremely overrating him.
He will probably be a midtable La Liga team attacker one day.

About his goal ratio with the first team, that is a too small sample to draw any conclusions.
With Bteam, he was very poor to average (ok, the whole team was very poor, but still.)
Unless if you would ask for an option: Give him a shot in the first team with Messi and Neymar.

Again, then we should give chances in the first team to Deulo, Adama, Halil, Munir, Sandro. Virtually to any young player to check whether they show a huge improvement when playing with our big boys.

But it doesn't work that way.
You, as a player, need to "earn" credits to get chances in the first team, and not the opposite way, that a team offers you chances and then it is up to you to make it or not.

For example, every La liga match till the end of the Season is like a final.
We can't give minutes to any young player.
Every cup match, the same story.
Champions league, the same story.

Barca is not a place for testing young players and for giving them unlimited amount of chances.
You have to earn your chance with displays in Bteam, on loans and on trainings with A-team.

Imo, Munir is currently the most promising player, but still it can easily happen that ALL of our young forwards fail, and that none of them come close to even Pedro's level.

You´re too pessimistic. No one knows how a 18 year old will develop. Icardi left for Sampdoria when he was 18 and look at him now.

Adama, Deulofeu, Samper, Denis, Halilovic, Sandro and Munir have a lot of potential. Let´s put them to play in barça B with a good coach or loan them to teams where they can play and evolve just like Rafinha did.

BBZ8800

You´re too pessimistic. No one knows how a 18 year old will develop. Icardi left for Sampdoria when he was 18 and look at him now.

Adama, Deulofeu, Samper, Denis, Halilovic, Sandro and Munir have a lot of potential. Let´s put them to play in barça B with a good coach or loan them to teams where they can play and evolve just like Rafinha did.

I am not too pessimistic, I am just saying how our young players developed over the last 15-20 years.
We were never "that good" or "that special" in developing youngsters as the hype from the last few years claims.

In fact, 10-15-20 years ago, it was even easier for young players to enter the first team because there were "harsher" rules about the number of foreigners in Barcelona, plus less countries were in European union.
So, basically, back then, La Masia player had even less competition than today, and we were still producing very few playable players.
And then, we had that "lucky" period with 5-6 awesome players in a short period.

And now, a lot of our fans are buying the hype how La Masia is a pure gold (based on that lucky era), and most of our fans are expecting too much from every new generation of players.

Again, if you remove that lucky period from estimations, La Masia is just an average/good academy, nothing more than that.

Also, in 1998, 2000 or 2003, in each Season, our La Masia had 5-6 Adama's, Deulofeu's, Samper's from that period.
And again, most of those players failed, and we got a useful player usually once in 2-3 Seasons, again even though it was much easier for a young player to break into our first team back then (due to that foreigners rules).

But I guess, most of our current fans are reading this and think:
"Meh, this can't be true. And La Masia is just awesome and better than any other academy."
"Plus, even if these numbers are true, it must be that La Masia, our coaches and directors were doing something wrong in 1995, 2000 or 2003.
The current generation of players is MUCH different than those guys".

Again, from my experience as a Barca fan, people have that tendency to think that each new generation is "better" than equally as good previous generation, which failed.

In shorter, fan's logic works in this way:
1. we have Bojan
-- he is supposed to be a new Messi
= he fails
2. after that we have JDSantos
-- he is supposed to be a new Ronaldinho
-- people say: he won't fail like Bojan. He is better and different. Bojan was a special case. JDS will make it!
= he fails
3. after that we have Tello, for example
-- he is supposed to be a good attacker finally from our academy
-- some people say: But maybe he will fail, the same as Bojan or Jds
-- other reply: No, no, no. They are different cases. Bojan was poor mentally, and Jds was just a strange case.
Tello will be a different story. He will make it here.
= then he fails, the same as most of other talents in previous seasons
4. then we have Deulofeu, "the brighest" talent since Messi and Bojan
-- again, some say that he will fail, like all other previous players
-- other say: No, no, no! Bojan was a strange case. Jds also. And Tello was just too one-dimensional.
Deulofeu is much different than them and he will SURELY make it!
= he fails after some time. Or, he is not good enough for Barca, as it seems
5. but then, as always, whenever one player fails, people need "a new hope", "a new gem" for the future
-- then people "found" Adama
Some said: Omg, this is the future Ballon'D'Or winner"
Others said: He will probably fail, like most of other players.
Reply, as always: No, no, no, he is different, and much more gifted than any previous player. We have learned from our mistakes in the past, and this guy will surely make it!

I think you will get my point.
Ok, we can't say: Every player will fail.
But after some time, people are always hyping new, new, new players and they always claim:
-- the new player is much more talented than those guys from the past who failed
-- or, 1998 or 2001 generation is the most talented generation ever. We didn't have such a good generation in years
(But again, people and papers were saying the same for 1980, 1990, or 1995' generation also.)

So, imo, I am not buying any of the hype how:
1. current players are so special and much better/different than our youth players from 1993, 1999 or 2003
2. I am not buying excuses how some of our current youngsters failed because of poor coaches, poor treatment etc
-- what, do you think that Xavi, Puyol, Messi and other players always had awesome coaches, awesome teammates and awesome tactics in their teams?
= well, they didn't

In th end, let's hope that a lot of current players will make it.
But we have to be realistic.
The current generation is not better/more talented than any other in the last 20 years.
If we will get 1 player=awesome.
If we will get 2 players=aaaaaawesome!!
If we will get 0 players=that is nothing strange, it happens all the time

But again, when some fans are posting our future lineup, with:
-- Bartra, Montoya, Ie
-- Samper, Halilovic, Rafinha
-- Munir, Sandro, Adama, (Deulofeu)
= it makes zero sense, and there is absolutely zero chances for something like that.
If more than 3 players written above will be first team/squad players in 5 years time=we can be extremely happy.

That is not a pessimism, that is a reality.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

I am not too pessimistic, I am just saying how our young players developed over the last 15-20 years.
We were never "that good" or "that special" in developing youngsters as the hype from the last few years claims.

In fact, 10-15-20 years ago, it was even easier for young players to enter the first team because there were "harsher" rules about the number of foreigners in Barcelona, plus less countries were in European union.
So, basically, back then, La Masia player had even less competition than today, and we were still producing very few playable players.
And then, we had that "lucky" period with 5-6 awesome players in a short period.

And now, a lot of our fans are buying the hype how La Masia is a pure gold (based on that lucky era), and most of our fans are expecting too much from every new generation of players.

Again, if you remove that lucky period from estimations, La Masia is just an average/good academy, nothing more than that.

Also, in 1998, 2000 or 2003, in each Season, our La Masia had 5-6 Adama's, Deulofeu's, Samper's from that period.
And again, most of those players failed, and we got a useful player usually once in 2-3 Seasons, again even though it was much easier for a young player to break into our first team back then (due to that foreigners rules).

But I guess, most of our current fans are reading this and think:
"Meh, this can't be true. And La Masia is just awesome and better than any other academy."
"Plus, even if these numbers are true, it must be that La Masia, our coaches and directors were doing something wrong in 1995, 2000 or 2003.
The current generation of players is MUCH different than those guys".

Again, from my experience as a Barca fan, people have that tendency to think that each new generation is "better" than equally as good previous generation, which failed.

In shorter, fan's logic works in this way:
1. we have Bojan
-- he is supposed to be a new Messi
= he fails
2. after that we have JDSantos
-- he is supposed to be a new Ronaldinho
-- people say: he won't fail like Bojan. He is better and different. Bojan was a special case. JDS will make it!
= he fails
3. after that we have Tello, for example
-- he is supposed to be a good attacker finally from our academy
-- some people say: But maybe he will fail, the same as Bojan or Jds
-- other reply: No, no, no. They are different cases. Bojan was poor mentally, and Jds was just a strange case.
Tello will be a different story. He will make it here.
= then he fails, the same as most of other talents in previous seasons
4. then we have Deulofeu, "the brighest" talent since Messi and Bojan
-- again, some say that he will fail, like all other previous players
-- other say: No, no, no! Bojan was a strange case. Jds also. And Tello was just too one-dimensional.
Deulofeu is much different than them and he will SURELY make it!
= he fails after some time. Or, he is not good enough for Barca, as it seems
5. but then, as always, whenever one player fails, people need "a new hope", "a new gem" for the future
-- then people "found" Adama
Some said: Omg, this is the future Ballon'D'Or winner"
Others said: He will probably fail, like most of other players.
Reply, as always: No, no, no, he is different, and much more gifted than any previous player. We have learned from our mistakes in the past, and this guy will surely make it!

I think you will get my point.
Ok, we can't say: Every player will fail.
But after some time, people are always hyping new, new, new players and they always claim:
-- the new player is much more talented than those guys from the past who failed
-- or, 1998 or 2001 generation is the most talented generation ever. We didn't have such a good generation in years
(But again, people and papers were saying the same for 1980, 1990, or 1995' generation also.)

So, imo, I am not buying any of the hype how:
1. current players are so special and much better/different than our youth players from 1993, 1999 or 2003
2. I am not buying excuses how some of our current youngsters failed because of poor coaches, poor treatment etc
-- what, do you think that Xavi, Puyol, Messi and other players always had awesome coaches, awesome teammates and awesome tactics in their teams?
= well, they didn't

In th end, let's hope that a lot of current players will make it.
But we have to be realistic.
The current generation is not better/more talented than any other in the last 20 years.
If we will get 1 player=awesome.
If we will get 2 players=aaaaaawesome!!
If we will get 0 players=that is nothing strange, it happens all the time

But again, when some fans are posting our future lineup, with:
-- Bartra, Montoya, Ie
-- Samper, Halilovic, Rafinha
-- Munir, Sandro, Adama, (Deulofeu)
= it makes zero sense, and there is absolutely zero chances for something like that.
If more than 3 players written above will be first team/squad players in 5 years time=we can be extremely happy.

That is not a pessimism, that is a reality.

We can basically say Bartra has already made it, he only improves and I would be incredibly surprised if he was sold now. Rafinha has the comfy status of being Lucho's golden boy so as long as he's here and if he can work on his positional awareness his chances even with a coach change are good. So yeah I'd say about 3 since if samper does't make it I don't think anyone else will.

kozza

To be honest, I barely watched B team this season to judge Sandro's performance with them, but I was more than happy with what he did with A team, remember that a 9 is mostly invisible when his teammates struggle to build up play.
And yes we need a backup for 9 position, Munir doesn't have the physical qualities to be a 9 nor the decision making to be a false 9, if Suarez is injured/suspended/bites again and Messi moves to false 9 position, we will have no one to keep defenders busy and create space for him.

BarcaBarcaBarca

Sandro has looked impressive every time I have seen him. I dont understand why he didn't get more game time in first team and b team. I know there were rumours of problems off the pitch with him, something along the lines of what. anyone know of anything???? i hope he can make his way into the first team along with samper, deulofeu and denis.

Home of Barca Fans