Sandro Rosell

Galning

:lol: this is one of the most ridiculous conspiracies about Rosell I've heard. If it's true I'm even more shocked because then I didn't receive anything :(

DennyCrane

Given that Hoeneß still didn't step down as Bayern president, there is no chance Rosell will.

Different cases. Hoeneß is in luck because the prevailing opinion in german jurisdiction is that tax evasion is not a persistent action. Which means that every action is a single one with his own statute of limitation. Applying this leads to the fact that a lot of the accusations are already time-barred so that the evaded sum will just be below the magical 1 Million EUR - which will subsequently lead to suspended sentence.
Nevertheless, the fact that Hoeneß is a tax evader is proven - he admitted it by himself via corrected return. It's completely irresponsible to leave someone like him as chairman of the supervisory board and all the corporation representatives are not doing themselves a favour by leaving him there. But Hoeneß is a demigod so these people don't see their reputation at stake, not even of their respective companies.

With Sandro, well... the accusations are conceivable and many people believe that he did this, mostly because he's known to be a money grabbing corporate whore. Believing and thinking of something as conceivable though belongs into a church but not into a courtroom. So, innocent till proven guilty. As long as this rule applies, why should/would he step down ?

barcanuck

Different cases. Hoeneß is in luck because the prevailing opinion in german jurisdiction is that tax evasion is not a persistent action. Which means that every action is a single one with his own statute of limitation. Applying this leads to the fact that a lot of the accusations are already time-barred so that the evaded sum will just be below the magical 1 Million EUR - which will subsequently lead to suspended sentence.
Nevertheless, the fact that Hoeneß is a tax evader is proven - he admitted it by himself via corrected return. It's completely irresponsible to leave someone like him as chairman of the supervisory board and all the corporation representatives are not doing themselves a favour by leaving him there. But Hoeneß is a demigod so these people don't see their reputation at stake, not even of their respective companies.

With Sandro, well... the accusations are conceivable and many people believe that he did this, mostly because he's known to be a money grabbing corporate whore. Believing and thinking of something as conceivable though belongs into a church but not into a courtroom. So, innocent till proven guilty. As long as this rule applies, why should/would he step down ?

Good post. Rossell is hiding something no doubt but until proven guilty he won't resign. Just two more years with him in charge FML

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 1 h
Rosell (president): "We want to renew the contract of Zubizarreta. He's a great professional, honest, hard-working. He'll continue with us."

:VdB:

raskolnikov

Why is he pushing so much for a new stadium? There is so much wrong with how he is ruling Barca. If he wasnt selfish he would fuck off.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why is he pushing so much for a new stadium?

Money, simple. Guaranteed there are multiple people/corporations/investors that want a piece of a massive new venue complete with new revenue generating commerce in it's vicinity...and we know Rosell pockets a nice finder's fee into his bank account

There's no need to wait until 2016...Vote of no confidence, simple

Kerrybai

Why is he pushing so much for a new stadium? There is so much wrong with how he is ruling Barca. If he wasnt selfish he would fuck off.
If we are been honest the Camp Nou is lacking in many ways. Firstly it has a small number of suites/VIP boxes which generate a lot of money. Secondly it's concourses and facilities ate outdated and it is lacking a roof. Thankfully I think it will be redeveloped instead of rebuilt. I'd love to see a new facade, a roof and a capacity increase to 11000 by increasing the height of the main stand to match the opposite side.

Tomchin

If we are been honest the Camp Nou is lacking in many ways. Firstly it has a small number of suites/VIP boxes which generate a lot of money. Secondly it's concourses and facilities ate outdated and it is lacking a roof. Thankfully I think it will be redeveloped instead of rebuilt. I'd love to see a new facade, a roof and a capacity increase to 11000 by increasing the height of the main stand to match the opposite side.
Is the lack of a roof such an issue though? It barely rains in Barcelona?

I usually sit in the General, at the top of the stadium, and the views over there are always magnificent. Would be a shame to lose that view because of a roof :)

jamrock

redevelopment is what should happen, but their is a few economic benefits to a new stadium and the eco trip it will give to rosell, dont think he wants to use a the designed that was signed off by laporta to be honest.

Cule4life

The Culest
I can imagine Rosell rearranging everything in his office on his first day to feel superior to Laporta in organization skills

Home of Barca Fans