Sandro Rosell

Garrus

The qatar deal criticism are hogwash, This may be a shocker to some, But selling our shirt was first proposed and worked upon by joan laporta and soriano, It was one of major headlines for his campaign, Promising cules and the assembly deals that can bring the club up to 18m euros a year, And guess why?!! To reduce the debt and financial disaster gaspart left!.
He continued searching for a sponsor for 3 years and we were linked to dozen deals, He was close to signing a deal with china for 18m, But they all failed eventually.

Last edited:

Eetu

Adormit
Knowing the weekly magazine by that name, I was puzzled enough to not even click the link and rather just google for 10 minutes trying to find their cover that week :D

It's La Vanguardia.

Maria

Mongs. Trying to destabilize the club in the middle of the season.
Rosell did it before a CL final and it lead to us winning our 2nd CL, so I don't see why would you say this.

Anyway, in other news the president who gave the Boixos Nois tickets for 10 euros wants to see the children under the age of 7 pay for their tickets, like everybody else.
ROSELL: I preffer a headline that says "Rosell doesn't let the children come at Camp Nou" than "Rosell has killed a child".
I just wish we'd stop paying that 1M to Unicef and stop acting like we're a special club because we're not.

Last edited:

numero

Rosell did it before a CL final and it lead to us winning our 2nd CL, so I don't see why would you say this.

Anyway, in other news the president who gave the Boixos Nois tickets for 10 euros wants to see the children under the age of 7 pay for their tickets, like everybody else.
ROSELL: I preffer a headline that says "Rosell doesn't let the children come at Camp Nou" than "Rosell has killed a child".
I just wish we'd stop paying that 1M to Unicef and stop acting like we're a special club because we're not.

You can start following some other club then. I wonder how many times I saw you writing "we're not special club" in here. Please go if you are so butthurt. Club is old enough to get back/repair its values and moral ethics, one black hole doesn't change the anatomy of the club for eternity.

p.s- are you really very depressed in life? I have never seen you making a single positive post apart from matchday analysis. Pls take green tea,it works.

EDIT : Rosell yesterday met catalan radio and gave an interview on this subject. He explained that it is actually the security officials that alerted the Board about the strong presence of the children that can endanger their security in a match like classico. He also said, it is a very unpopular decision and it is made keeping an eye on classico and will try to revoke this rule for future matches.

Basically in the Getafe match , there were 10,000 children present at camp nou without the seat and the Madrid game will be played at 6pm.So the interior ministry intervened and alerted the board about the increased number of children that will be attending the game without a seat and create much chaos and hence The board does not want to take risk in a match like this.

Rosell, " From a popular view, I am against the decision I have made. But as interior ministry intervened, we had to take some responsibility."

Also at present, There is no one, let alone Boixos Nois, that can enter camp nou with 10 euro. Rules equally applied for everyone. So my dear, please calma and green tea.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
To hell with Rosell

1381950164_516063_1381959108_portadilla_normal.jpg

Latest criticism, courtesy of El Pais

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Posting just a link to Spanish text is next to worthless mate.

I've noticed you've been using every opportunity to slam Rosell but this is El Pais, Madrid influenced paper, so take it with a grain of salt.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Exactly, they are just trying to deflect some of the criticism flying at Madrid at the moment. If the insurance company and security company are making an issue of overcrowding (or exceeding our legal limit in the stadium) then the club's and Rosell's hands are tied.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Posting just a link to Spanish text is next to worthless mate.

I've noticed you've been using every opportunity to slam Rosell but this is El Pais, Madrid influenced paper, so take it with a grain of salt.

Google translate is a standard add on for every browser...And while El Pais is Madrid based, is not a loyalist paper to the capital club...Besa & Martin, in particular, do not write rubbish

And not every opportunity, Bojan - that's simply an exaggeration on your part...I've given him credit for keeping the prices on many prior targets to the bare minimum and for Neymar, ultimately...However, the reality that most of what he has done in his tenure has been frought with controversy, how else can it be viewed as anything but criticism?

Xtroverto

Google translate is a standard add on for every browser...And while El Pais is Madrid based, is not a loyalist paper to the capital club...Besa & Martin, in particular, do not write rubbish

And not every opportunity, Bojan - that's simply an exaggeration on your part...I've given him credit for keeping the prices on many prior targets to the bare minimum and for Neymar, ultimately...However, the reality that most of what he has done in his tenure has been frought with controversy, how else can it be viewed as anything but criticism?

I challenge you to find one single positive article about Rosell by Ramon Besa, he is the devil's advocate. I have nothing agains Besa but he is as biased as one could possibly be when it comes to Rosell, that is a cold fact.

The aplication of the law is unfortunate but it had to happen, the tradition is a relic from a time when safety concerns were non existant.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I challenge you to find one single positive article about Rosell by Ramon Besa, he is the devil's advocate. I have nothing agains Besa but he is as biased as one could possibly be when it comes to Rosell, that is a cold fact.

No more a fact than the majority of Rosell's actions being worthy of criticism, hence the consistency in position by Ramon, myself or anyone showing even a bit of impartiality. Besa also writes articles critical of the capital club and Luis Martin, for a Madrid based journalist, is about as fair minded when it comes to Barcelona as any Catalan one. Binning El Pais, as a result, particularly when it comes to those two is baseless - they were reason even during Laporta's time when everything out of the capital was the usual rubbish...So no, has little to do with Rosell, personally, it's been his actions.

I have said nothing about his choice regarding entry for children, only that Rosell, on the whole, has been bad for the club...Financially, they are better run, no doubt but this is més que en club...and he has no idea what that means

numero

Ramon Besa is a clear cut madridista. There is nothing to hide the fact. He tried to cover the mask for years but during Guardiola era, he actually & repeatedly made it pretty clear that he has madridista blood running in him.

Having said that, as I pointed out earlier, the interior ministry has intervened and the security officials showed real concern so Rosell had to take some responsibility. I agree with Bojan 100%. Even if we hate/dislike Rosell so much, I don't think we should blame him for every bit of shit.

JamDav1982

No more a fact than the majority of Rosell's actions being worthy of criticism, hence the consistency in position by Ramon, myself or anyone showing even a bit of impartiality. Besa also writes articles critical of the capital club and Luis Martin, for a Madrid based journalist, is about as fair minded when it comes to Barcelona as any Catalan one. Binning El Pais, as a result, particularly when it comes to those two is baseless - they were reason even during Laporta's time when everything out of the capital was the usual rubbish...So no, has little to do with Rosell, personally, it's been his actions.

I have said nothing about his choice regarding entry for children, only that Rosell, on the whole, has been bad for the club...Financially, they are better run, no doubt but this is més que en club...and he has no idea what that means

In what way has Rosell been bad for the club on a whole? I have asked this question so many times but never received a decent answer.

numero

In what way has Rosell been bad for the club on a whole? I have asked this question so many times but never received a decent answer.

1. Touching Barca's pillars & modifying it : Unicef - Cruyff- public humiliation of Barca's biggest global icon - (Global perception has changed drastically)

2. Mishandling , poor judgement , chaos & bitter politics,not keep promises leading upto the exit of Pep Guardiola, Abidal , Barca stuffs.

3. Alleged accusations and falsifying documents , relation to major bribing cases involving Brazil football federation that directly assaults the image of the Club.

4. Interfering in between personal relations of Guardiola dn Tata Vilanova and keep on pushing his agents through MD and Sports to talk bad about the former party and ultimately leading to further chaos.

5. Still no CB.

6. Changing the Club statues without calling a general meeting before or after such changes.

7. Alienating a large fanbase of Barca who are not from catalonia i.e you and me. Who can't become member as of now.

8. Neymar -57M deal - Santos officially said they never got that much money. Have your guesses.

JamDav1982

1. Touching Barca's pillars & modifying it : Unicef - Cruyff- public humiliation of Barca's biggest global icon - (Global perception has changed drastically)

2. Mishandling , poor judgement , chaos & bitter politics,not keep promises leading upto the exit of Pep Guardiola, Abidal , Barca stuffs.

3. Alleged accusations and falsifying documents , relation to major bribing cases involving Brazil football federation that directly assaults the image of the Club.

4. Interfering in between personal relations of Guardiola dn Tata Vilanova and keep on pushing his agents through MD and Sports to talk bad about the former party and ultimately leading to further chaos.

5. Still no CB.

6. Changing the Club statues without calling a general meeting before or after such changes.

7. Alienating a large fanbase of Barca who are not from catalonia i.e you and me. Who can't become member as of now.

8. Neymar -57M deal - Santos officially said they never got that much money. Have your guesses.

1. What about Unicef? He doesnt get on with Cruyff and it goes both ways. People knew when electing him Cruyff would go. It would have been stupidity to keep him nd have in infighting at the club.

2. What failed promises led to Pep leaving as for Abidal he has no problems with how the club treated him and wants to return.

3. The falsifying of documents has nothing to do with hie time at Barca. Do you have the same feeling towards Messi for alleged tax fraud?

4. 'Interfering in personal relations of Guardiola and TITO Villanova? No he didnt he came out and said what Guardiola claimed was false which was 100% the correct thing to do to protect the club.

5. No CB? There are four at the club and there is no way he stopped any potential CB being signed. That has been down to the manager and sporting director as far back as Guardiolas time.

6. Maybe he has but what specifially do you have a problem with?

7. I 100% agree with stopping anyone becoming members. It is to protect the identity of the club for those that should own it.

8. Barcelona never once claimed that Santos got 57m. So not sure of your point here to be honest.

A very, very weak list.

Home of Barca Fans