Sandro Rosell

numero

1. What about Unicef? He doesnt get on with Cruyff and it goes both ways. People knew when electing him Cruyff would go. It would have been stupidity to keep him nd have in infighting at the club.

2. What failed promises led to Pep leaving as for Abidal he has no problems with how the club treated him and wants to return.

3. The falsifying of documents has nothing to do with hie time at Barca. Do you have the same feeling towards Messi for alleged tax fraud?

4. 'Interfering in personal relations of Guardiola and TITO Villanova? No he didnt he came out and said what Guardiola claimed was false which was 100% the correct thing to do to protect the club.

5. No CB? There are four at the club and there is no way he stopped any potential CB being signed. That has been down to the manager and sporting director as far back as Guardiolas time.

6. Maybe he has but what specifially do you have a problem with?

7. I 100% agree with stopping anyone becoming members. It is to protect the identity of the club for those that should own it.

8. Barcelona never once claimed that Santos got 57m. So not sure of your point here to be honest.

A very, very weak list.

1. By Unicef, I meant Qatar Airways/foundation deal. It's obvious. Cruyff - He could have sacked him privately. It was a disaster,a public humiliation. Not sure if you follow Barca minutely enough. Anyway, also Rosell publicly denied giving 100,000 euros to Cruyff foundation which was a deal done under Laporta's era. Technically Rosell can cancel it but he still he has to pay the outstandings. Same like player's wages. But Rosell did not and made it a public tit-for-tat scenario.

2. Zubi and Rosell one year ago said they will renew with Abidal no matter what and will keep their promises the moment Abidal wants to renew. It is a done deal. When moment came, they kicked him out. Abidal said thousand times he always wanted to stay at Barca. but Board thought otherwise. Follow his recent pressers.

3.He is the President of a Club and if he is a criminal , it doesn't affect the club??? Not sure if potato or streamed broccoli. :lol:

4. Ofcourse he would say what Guardiola claimed was false but he went on to gave an interview to catalan radio and purposefully commented about the relationship of Guardiola and Tito and during tito's illness he could not come etc. (which actually made pep blast off)

5. Not saying it wasn't fault during Guardiola's era either. It is a fault of both parties.

6. No he didn't . Do your research first. Specific problem about statues?? well - • Motions of no-confidence shall require a quorum of 15% of Club members or 50% of delegate members. ( note - For an early election or to remove the current President from office there should be a no-confidence motion moved my the members of F.C Barcelona. It used to require a quorum of 5% of Club members before but now it has been changed to 15% Club members. )

7. Not sure if you have read the democratic constitution of the Club.

8. The point is huge amount of money is still missing and no one from the club bothered to clarify where the rest of the money went. ( ofc neymar's father knows.). Check with point 3 and research on money laundering and Rosell. I have seen court papers also but in spanish.Anyway do your own research.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Already mentioned it somewhere else but credit where credit is due. Rosell was faced with a difficult situation when Tito had to leave his post during pre-season. He picked a virtually unknown candidate to take charge of Barca and so far his decision is proving to be very good. Also, amid all criticism and doubts he pushed on and signed Neymar who also is proving to be a wise decision. And let's not forget how many clubs were after him and not few willing to pay more than we did.

Can't imagine what this thread would be like if either Tata or Neymar weren't proving to be right choices. Rosell's choices.

JamDav1982

1. By Unicef, I meant Qatar Airways/foundation deal. It's obvious. Cruyff - He could have sacked him privately. It was a disaster,a public humiliation. Not sure if you follow Barca minutely enough. Anyway, also Rosell publicly denied giving 100,000 euros to Cruyff foundation which was a deal done under Laporta's era. Technically Rosell can cancel it but still he has to pay the outstandings. Same like player's wages. But Rosell did not and made it a public tit-for-tat scenario.

2. Zubi and Rosell one year ago said they will renew with Abidal no matter what and will keep their promises the moment Abidal wants to renew. It is a done. When moment came, they sold him. Abidal said thousand times he always wanted to stay at Barca. but Board thought otherwise.

3.He is the President of a Club and if he is a criminal , it doesn't affect the club??? Not sure if potato or streamed broccoli. :lol:

4. Ofcourse he would say what Guardiola claimed was false and he went on gave an interview to catalan radio and purposefully commented about the relationship of Guardiola and Tito and during tito's illness he could not come etc.

5. Not saying it wasn't fault during Guardiola's era either. It is a fault of both parties.

6. No he didn't . Do your research first. Specific problem about statues?? well - • Motions of no-confidence shall require a quorum of 15% of Club members or 50% of delegate members. ( note - For an early election or to remove the current President from office there should be a no-confidence motion moved my the members of F.C Barcelona. It used to require a quorum of 5% of Club members before but now it has been changed to 15% Club members. )

7. Not sure if you have read the democratic constitution of the Club.

8. The point is huge amount of money is still missing and no one from the club bothered to clarify where the rest of the money went. ( ofc neymar's father knows.)

1. The Qatar deal was put to a vote by the members and approved. What more do you want Rosell to do than that? The sacking of Cruyff never led in any way the world wide embarrasment that you claim or affected the clubs image world wide.

2. It was the right decision to let Abidal go and what do you expect them to say when they are being asked about him when ill. They gave him all the support in the world and treated him as a player once he recovered. Dont forget they gave him a contract when diagnosed with cancer which made Guardiola say this is what makes the club special. From Abidal himslefs words he felt the club treated him well and wants to return.

3. So as president of the club an alledged scandal from previous years matters? Does it matter that Guardiola failed drugs tests in Italy?

4. Where on earth did Rossel mention anything about Guardiola not visiting Tito? Thats untrue and it was Tito mentioned it after Guardiola took the issue into the public domain.

5. You think Rossel should force a CB on the manager? Then he would be accused of interfering too much.

6. Do my reasearch? So far most of what you have claimed is not accurate.

7. He was right to change it for preserving the club for what it should all be about.

8. The club have clarified where it went. Yet you seem to suggest as if Rosell kept it himself.

Again, your list is ill informed and quite a bit innacurate.

yahudi

With Sandro, it's usually not WHAT he does but HOW he does it.

Everyone loves to save some money to lower the debt. Going public about black-and-white copies is probably not the best way to tackle this problem. Neither is draining the financial support for other sport sections up to the point of having children's parents covering a part of respective youth team expenses.

Everyone loves to preserve the identity of the club. Effectively cutting off all foreign fans from becoming a member is probably not the best way to keep the club to its roots. Neither is claiming that African kids take the valuable space at La Masia from local kids.

Everyone loves the squad to be strengthened. Leaving quite a few squad and staff members in the dark about their future at the club one month before their contracts expire is probably not the best way to treat an employee. Not if you have enough time to talk publicly about pursuing a new shiny star (and to splash 57 million Euros in a shady-as-fuck deal).

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Rosell is an idiot plain and simple... As yahudi said, is not necessarily about the things he's done, but how he's done them... He doesn't have a clue and never anticipates the obvious backlashes that his decisions create...

In this particular issue, what bothers me the most is that he is claiming to make the stadium safer and clinging an aura of security for everyone involved, but it clearly contradicts his decision to let extreme fans (ultras) back in the stadium...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Looks like the negative reaction to Rosell's changes have had the desired effect...RAC1 interview with Vilarrubi spoke of a solution that will be announced next week to allow children under 7 in for free

Sandy loyalists will likely use this as an example of 'look, see, he did the right thing...eventually'

Més que en club

JamDav1982

Looks like the negative reaction to Rosell's changes have had the desired effect...RAC1 interview with Vilarrubi spoke of a solution that will be announced next week to allow children under 7 in for free

Sandy loyalists will likely use this as an example of 'look, see, he did the right thing...eventually'

Més que en club

Do you care to elaborate on what Rosell has done so wrong at the club?

I asked you this before and you disappeared.

This decision you took to he went on the advice of the police and the insurance company.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Do you care to elaborate on what Rosell has done so wrong at the club?

I asked you this before and you disappeared.

This decision you took to he went on the advice of the police and the insurance company.

Really?

Cruyff, Laporta, Qatar, Guardiola, Brasilian CBF & Teixeira, Abidal, Valdes, Socio changes, Boixos Nois, Vote of no confidence changes in the bylaws (Pushing for one at the lower 5% against Laporta), de-emphasis of the cantera, Eusebio, Oscar Garcia as well as other staff/trainers...I mean there's a long list of his faults thus far

It's easier to list his positives

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cruyff sided with Laporta when Rosell was vice-president and Laporta named Cruyff an honorary president to thank him. Unfortunately, he did it against club statutes and Rosell overturned it. You can call it petty but Cruyff shouldn't have meddled in daily politics.
His summer topic was Neymar bashing. One needs to stir things up to stay in the press, I suppose.

Laporta had his own list of shady deals. From Uzbekistan to Brazil money laundering to acting as a drunken millionare with clubs money with his personal expenses. Oh, and what about spying on club members?

Qatar deal was approved by general assembly, wasn't it?

Guardiola was always going to leave. He said so himself when he took the job. It was only a matter of time. Rosell did everything to keep him. To the point where Pep complained he wanted to be left alone.

Abidal was Tito's decision.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cruyff sided with Laporta when Rosell was vice-president and Laporta named Cruyff an honorary president to thank him. Unfortunately, he did it against club statutes and Rosell overturned it. You can call it petty but Cruyff shouldn't have meddled in daily politics.
His summer topic was Neymar bashing. One needs to stir things up to stay in the press, I suppose.

Cruyff has done more than anyone in the club's history to make the club what it is...The club it is today is predicated on Cruyff and to bin him and the subsequent treatment he received from Rosell is unacceptable...There were ways to handle that, that would've been infinitely more politically correct for someone that deserves the club's respect...Rosell created enemies just as much as Cruyff was happy to oblige being one but between the two, one is a club legend and the other is a corporate whore

It was an embarrassment the way it was handled and it continues to be a black eye for the club, no one is to blame for that outside of Rosell

Laporta had his own list of shady deals. From Uzbekistan to Brazil money laundering to acting as a drunken millionare with clubs money with his personal expenses. Oh, and what about spying on club members?

Are you implying that I think/thought Laporta was infallible?...You'd be wrong, he's a politician and I've yet to come across one that isn't corrupt in some measure...He's paranoid although he had good reason too, didn't he?...Unless you forget there were death threats against him and he had to hire private security for him & his family at the beginning of his tenure at the club...Moreover, no one can dispute that Laporta loved the club and did not Perez it by interfering in the choices of the coach or play games with the coach/team through the media...He worked to emphasize the image and global appeal of the club for which he seems to still get very little credit

Qatar deal was approved by general assembly, wasn't it?

After he already got the deal and the members saw the money that came in the face of the financial crisis the club was in - a point Rosell made at the outset of his tenure to help grease the wheel of being the first President to tarnish the club shirt with a sponsor...Of course, we were first led to believe the deal was just Qatar Foundation, now it's an Airlines and soon implicated in the way Qatar deals with migrant workers as well?...Not very més

Guardiola was always going to leave. He said so himself when he took the job. It was only a matter of time. Rosell did everything to keep him. To the point where Pep complained he wanted to be left alone.

You know this how?...You'd have to concede you're guessing...What we do know is that Pep is a lifelong culé & disciple of Cruyff along with friend of Laporta - two people Rosell despises...And that outburst Pep had recently, who was that directed at, btw?...And the complaints were not about coming back when he was in NY but for trying to disparage him

Abidal was Tito's decision.

I've never seen where this has been proven...Moreover, you think Tito had any leverage against Rosell/Zubi in decisions like that?...No chance

JamDav1982

Really?

Cruyff, Laporta, Qatar, Guardiola, Brasilian CBF & Teixeira, Abidal, Valdes, Socio changes, Boixos Nois, Vote of no confidence changes in the bylaws (Pushing for one at the lower 5% against Laporta), de-emphasis of the cantera, Eusebio, Oscar Garcia as well as other staff/trainers...I mean there's a long list of his faults thus far

It's easier to list his positives

Cruyff? What is your problem there?

Laporta? Again whats the problem?

Qatar?

Guardiola?

Abidal?

Valdes?

You need to elaborate or it just a very flimsy list that means nothing.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You asked for reasons, I gave them...I don't need to explain any of this to you, these are not innocuous events lacking evidence and data, widely available in this forum & online...It's been discussed many times over

JamDav1982

Cruyff has done more than anyone in the club's history to make the club what it is...The club it is today is predicated on Cruyff and to bin him and the subsequent treatment he received from Rosell is unacceptable...There were ways to handle that, that would've been infinitely more politically correct for someone that deserves the club's respect...Rosell created enemies just as much as Cruyff was happy to oblige being one but between the two, one is a club legend and the other is a corporate whore

It was an embarrassment the way it was handled and it continues to be a black eye for the club, no one is to blame for that outside of Rosell

Are you implying that I think/thought Laporta was infallible?...You'd be wrong, he's a politician and I've yet to come across one that isn't corrupt in some measure...He's paranoid although he had good reason too, didn't he?...Unless you forget there were death threats against him and he had to hire private security for him & his family at the beginning of his tenure at the club...Moreover, no one can dispute that Laporta loved the club and did not Perez it by interfering in the choices of the coach or play games with the coach/team through the media...He worked to emphasize the image and global appeal of the club for which he seems to still get very little credit

After he already got the deal and the members saw the money that came in the face of the financial crisis the club was in - a point Rosell made at the outset of his tenure to help grease the wheel of being the first President to tarnish the club shirt with a sponsor...Of course, we were first led to believe the deal was just Qatar Foundation, now it's an Airlines and soon implicated in the way Qatar deals with migrant workers as well?...Not very més

You know this how?...You'd have to concede you're guessing...What we do know is that Pep is a lifelong culé & disciple of Cruyff along with friend of Laporta - two people Rosell despises...And that outburst Pep had recently, who was that directed at, btw?...And the complaints were not about coming back when he was in NY but for trying to disparage him

I've never seen where this has been proven...Moreover, you think Tito had any leverage against Rosell/Zubi in decisions like that?...No chance

Nothing in there is anything to pin on Rosell. He was voted in with people knowing full well that he was in opposition to Laportas regime. People knew he would get rod of Cruyff.

The Qatar deal you can have no problem with. It was was approved by those that matter whether you like it or not.

It strange that Rosell is attacked for 'changing the constitution' yet Laporta also did this to even make Cruyff a honourary life president in the first place!

There is nothing to suggest that Rosell is the reason for Guardiola leaving and is speculation on your part. Neither is there anything to suggest that is why Valdes is leaving. Both have discussed why they left/leaving and did not give Rosell as reason.

What about giving Abidal a contract when diagnosed with cancer? Or promising him a job when he wants it? Abidal himself has said he has no problem with the club.

You have nothing at all to pin on what Rosell has done wrong. It is the same every time someone tries to put reasons forward.

JamDav1982

You asked for reasons, I gave them...I don't need to explain any of this to you, these are not innocuous events lacking evidence and data, widely available in this forum & online...It's been discussed many times over

I seen that after and the arguments had very little facts or basis. As expected.

Home of Barca Fans