Sergi Roberto

Horatio

You're welcome
Can't he become the next Xavi? Maybe we should try him a couple of times more on midfield.
He seems to have the intelligence.

Inb4therewillneverbeanotherxavi

gasgas

Can't he become the next Xavi? Maybe we should try him a couple of times more on midfield.
He seems to have the intelligence.

Inb4therewillneverbeanotherxavi
why move a player away from his best position?
i thought the trend was, finding your place/niche and sticking to it until you achieve excellence.
he already failed at CM several times he was tried there, why should we move him back there instead of playing him at RB where he is a beast?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Too early to say this... but we may have picked the wrong guy while predicting Bartra to be the successor of Puyi, that jack-of-all-trades emerging from the Cantera

F

Flavia

Too early to say this... but we may have picked the wrong guy while predicting Bartra to be the successor of Puyi, that jack-of-all-trades emerging from the Cantera

He has the same height as Puyol... maybe next stop will be CB.

F

Flavia

What's up with the snark?

Roberto has been mediocre every time he has started as CM. That's just the reality.

I know he has. I just find odd how you hype some players, as if they'd rock the world if played for Barça, and then criticizes one who is actually playing well for us right now.
He played well as cm vs bayer last night, and his confidence is high. He might just play well vs sevilla.

Jombi

I know he has. I just find odd how you hype some players, as if they'd rock the world if played for Barça, and then criticizes one who is actually playing well for us right now.
He played well as cm vs bayer last night, and his confidence is high. He might just play well vs sevilla.

Just a few days ago, everyone agreed that he should never play CM for us again. Then he plays 15 minutes against tired Leverkusen legs as CM and suddenly people suggest that he might be the new Xavi for us. I mean, come on, it is ridiculous and people should point that out without getting snarky responses. The fact of the matter is that Roberto has never impressed anyone when starting as CM.

People just set themselves up for disappointment if they believe Roberto will rock the world as CM when everytime he has started a game he has been seriously underwhelming. Would Lucas Lima, Gundogan or Johannes Geis perform better for us? Who knows?!?! But at least they have shown a lot of class playing in midfield!

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Yes, yesterday the whole team was so high forward that we could basically have said that Suarez was Leverkusens goalkeeper.

xXKonan

He will get a good run of games at LCM now that Iniesta is out for a month.

Will he Improve his CM game? Who knows we will have to wait and see. This will be the first season he actually got a Constant run of games at Midfield and instead of the last couple of seasons where he would play one game and won't play for the next Couple of weeks or even Months.

He's riding high on Confidence and I hope it transitions to his role for the next few weeks.

F

Flavia

Just a few days ago, everyone agreed that he should never play CM for us again. Then he plays 15 minutes against tired Leverkusen legs as CM and suddenly people suggest that he might be the new Xavi for us. I mean, come on, it is ridiculous and people should point that out without getting snarky responses. The fact of the matter is that Roberto has never impressed anyone when starting as CM.

People just set themselves up for disappointment if they believe Roberto will rock the world as CM when everytime he has started a game he has been seriously underwhelming. Would Lucas Lima, Gundogan or Johannes Geis perform better for us? Who knows?!?! But at least they have shown a lot of class playing in midfield!
Yeah, for teams that are not Barça. I don't agree with the "lot of class" part about Lima, anyway. He's good, but not that much.

And the comparison to Xavi was a joke, not serious. But I find funny how you overrate a lot of players, and then complain about anyone overrating Bob.

Jombi

It wouldnt surprise me if we play Mascherano instead of Roberto though. Its certainly not given that Roberto for sure will play alot of games in midfield now, even with Iniesta out. But I guess he will start against Sevilla.

Home of Barca Fans