Sergi Roberto

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He was a bit muted today. Both he and Song. I think they were unsure where and how to play because that was an unfamiliar lineup and combination.

That being said, he has some good runs and I saw no bad mistakes from him. He just didn't shine.

F

Flavia

Not so good... But the midfield was a mess. Song seemed lost, Busi also didn't have his best game on.

coura

Banned
We need a player with intensity and world class quality to be Xavi´s sucessor. Roberto has some potential but not good enough to replace xavi.

Iniesta has Cesc and Xavi have Roberto. Not the same thing. Midfield is crucial.

Gundogan would be my pick.

MrKnowitAlll

We need a player with intensity and world class quality to be Xavi´s sucessor. Roberto has some potential but not good enough to replace xavi.

Iniesta has Cesc and Xavi have Roberto. Not the same thing. Midfield is crucial.

Gundogan would be my pick.

Gundogan hype is too large. I see Gundogan as a kinda Iniesta counter attacking player. He wont be able to make defense spitting passes like Xavi. I see Samper as our Xavi succesor. Gundogan wont come anyway. RM have first option on him. Which was comfirmed by a RM staff in the wake of the Sahin loan back to Dortmund. The plan is for Dortmund not to sell him , ever. But if he left it would be to RM. Sadly.

DinhoR10

I dont think we need carbon copies of players to continue our dominance. Just like Deulofeu is closer to ronaldo than messi we don't need Sergi to be an exact replacement for Xavi same with Suarez/Rafinha and iniesta. If we had the same team every generation wouldn't we be REALLY easy to play against?

Gohan

Super Saiyan
To be honest if our new generation of players are talented and good enough to play in the first team we should adapt our system to their playing style. We can't force players like Sergi to train themselves to be a next Xavi. He should leave his stamp in Barcelona, but in his own way.

Stric

Gundogan, Roberto, Thiago and others who are being mentioned are not Xavi-type players. They're all more attacking midfielders and none of them would handle Xavi's role in the team well enough. A safer bet would be to push a DM-type player with the right skills more forward. That's how Xavi became what he is, anyway...

Home of Barca Fans