Sergi Roberto

Jadentheman

Something is not right. Why are our youngsters regressing? Ffs even Montoya started great. Completely owning RONALDO not so long ago. What is going on.

Bad management. Oh they will replace so and so.

When we lose: oh let's buy this guy for 40M not give our youngster glances because they aren't proven

F

Flavia

There's a difference between saying he's not good enough, and waiting till he makes one bad pass to pounce( also disappearing whenever he does something good) which is what some people here do.

But yes he's not good enough yet, which is why we bought rakitic. I doubt he'll go on loan though, the club seems to love him.

His problem is not making mistakes. Thiago used to make plenty, but his talent was visible. It just isn't with Sergi. I honestly don't understand the hype he gets here from some people.

DinhoR10

His problem is not making mistakes. Thiago used to make plenty, but his talent was visible. It just isn't with Sergi. I honestly don't understand the hype he gets here from some people.

All la masia products who make the jump are hype atleast in my recent memory, and the dearth of cm talent is probably what adds to it. I have a wait and see policy though, I trust that the best players will be given their chances and picked and if it's rafinha, sergi or samper i would be happy either way hoping for rafinha though since he's a left footer.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There's a difference between saying he's not good enough, and waiting till he makes one bad pass to pounce( also disappearing whenever he does something good) which is what some people here do.

But yes he's not good enough yet, which is why we bought rakitic. I doubt he'll go on loan though, the club seems to love him.

Making mistakes is not the problem, that can be fixed. Thiago with all his talent made plenty of mistakes. Roberto's problem is his is merely a bystander out there. He just doesn't involve himself in the play of the team, he just doesn't exert his game and he doesn't demand the ball and make things happen. He is just a passenger while the team plays around him.

Last edited:

bismp

Making mistakes is not the problem, that can be fixed. Thiago with all his talent made plenty of mistakes. Roberto's problem is his is merely a bystander out there. He just doesn't involve himself in the play of the team, he just doesn't exert his game and he doesn't demand the ball and make things happen. He is just a passenger while the team plays around him.
Well told:worthy:

Galning

He was outperformed by Halilovic & Samper who are 3 and 4 years younger. I never saw "it" with him anyway, he needs to go on loan and perform there otherwise he has to be sold.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's not even just about his lack of creativity or confidence on the ball any more, I don't expect that of him. It's that he doesn't even properly find space off the ball or avoids it altogether. 9/10 times you could see him hiding behind one or two markers rather than moving into space and making himself available to Busquets. Our midfield looked so empty and lacked control in the first half. Busi and Iniesta did their jobs in terms of movement in passing as much as they could. Roberto on the other hand left a gap on the pitch that interrupted our game.

Somewhat glad though that we're gonna likely contain him to the throwaway games. The fact that this is the silver lining in the whole debate pretty much tells the whole story about Roberto.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
It's really a mystery how the board can consider giving him a new 5 year contract. He hasn't shown anything the last few seasons.

DinhoR10

Sergi Roberto

Making mistakes is not the problem, that can be fixed. Thiago with all his talent made plenty of mistakes. Roberto's problem is his is merely a bystander out there. He just doesn't involved himself in the play of the team, he just doesn't exert his game and he doesn't demand the ball and make things happen. He is just a passenger while the team plays around him.

I'll agree that he has a tendency to get bypassed. But I think it gets over exaggerated especially in a match like this where the whole midfield was pretty anonymous in the first half. I mean if iniesta couldn't get the attack to make the proper runs, how do you expect sergi to?

Edit: And he'll be sold if the board wants him to be sold, they've shown they're willing to rescind contracts to get rid of players so if he can't make it happen and samper or rafinha can then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think people just got simply distraught when Thiago left and he 'replaced' him that they see or want to see the same player, potential and talent in Sergi Roberto.

I don't know where Sergi Roberto will stand in the next years, but I think some people have too high expactations and need to tone it down a bit.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'll agree that he has a tendency to get bypassed. But I think it gets over exaggerated especially in a match like this where the whole midfield was pretty anonymous in the first half. I mean if iniesta couldn't get the attack to make the proper runs, how do you expect sergi to?

Roberto touched maybe 15-20 balls the entire first half, that is unacceptable for a Barca midfielder. He just gets lost in the shuffle and does nothing to involve himself in the game. This is not a today thing, but a trend from last year as well. Comparing him to Iniesta just makes you sound foolish.

Tomchin

It's really a mystery how the board can consider giving him a new 5 year contract. He hasn't shown anything the last few seasons.
Maybe they wanted to avoid losing him on a free, didn't his contract expire this summer or next summer?

DinhoR10

Sergi Roberto

Roberto touched maybe 15-20 balls the entire first half, that is unacceptable for a Barca midfielder. He just gets lost in the shuffle and does nothing to involve himself in the game. This is not a today thing, but a trend from last year as well. Comparing him to Iniesta just makes you sound foolish.

I was referring to this game, if you read my post, as in the game that just played in which He and iniesta were playing alongside each other and both were fairly anonymous. No need to throw around insults just because you don't agree/understand what I meant.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans