Sergi Roberto

NotInHere

Can't believe some people still have hopes for this kid, his nothing special at all, sometimes you ask yourself, how's he still playing with Barca?

He doesn't do anything to make a difference, you can just judge him by his movements, he never asserts himself to the offense where he can do damage, his strongest asset is passing the ball it seems, but his passes are almost not game changing at all.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He can be a rotation player. Like when we win the game he can come in instead of an actual impact player to save injuries.

L

linetty

He can be a rotation player. Like when we win the game he can come in instead of an actual impact player to save injuries.
We don't need Roberto for that... Better give that time to B team players.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think it is clear that Sergi will not become a star and clear starter in the squad. But he could become a reliable player who is always ready to play when other guys are injured or we play vs smaller teams.
I would like him more in that role than some random player from somewhere else who is bought for 10 - 15 mil.

But I also think that he has to step it up right now to become even such a squad player.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
How not rating a player turns into hate? He hasn't shown to be good enough to be a Barça midfielder. The team cannot wait until (or if) he develops. A loan would be the best option to him now. To a team where he can be a starter, and without the pressure.

Posts like this showed up after his game against Nice. One pre season game that ended in a draw and people write him off. People fall and then stand up even stronger. Mistakes are there to be learned from especially our youngsters.

To be fair, the season hasn't even started yet and you write him off already.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Posts like this showed up after his game against Nice. One pre season game that ended in a draw and people write him off. People fall and then stand up even stronger. Mistakes are there to be learned from especially our youngsters.

These posts didn't suddenly show up just now. It has been showing up for the last year because Sergi Roberto has simply hardly ever impressed.

F

Flavia

Not true, at all. I never really rated him, and if you browse this thread you will find posts of mine not rating him previously.
He's not a youngster anymore. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a Barça midfielder. Not all players from la Masia live up to the hype and expectations.

L

linetty

These posts haven't showed up right after the game. They were circulating some time before and came in masses after this disappointing performance.

He turns 23 in a half year btw, I wouldn't call him a youngster anymore.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm of the opinion that we should have renewed Roberto's contract and sent HIM on loan to Sevilla rather than sending Denis Suarez there. Suarez has a lot more upside to his game than Roberto does.

Zangash

Banned
I'm of the opinion that we should have renewed Roberto's contract and sent HIM on loan to Sevilla rather than sending Denis Suarez there. Suarez has a lot more upside to his game than Roberto does.

Sending him on loan would not have likely been enough for us to get Rakatic. I know they're interested in signing Roberto on loan, but if it's clear to us who is the better midfield prospect, I can guarantee you Sevilla does as well.

I'm starting to lose hope on Roberto, to be honest. His performances are actually getting worse season by season and he's getting to the point that he's contributing on an Alex Song level, which is unacceptable, really. He is stalling on signing that new contract because he wants to see how often he'll play. It sounds weird to subvert the way I say this, but if Lucho truly is a performance based coach I don't see how Roberto will get to play over pretty much any midfielder we have coming up. Rafinha, Samper, Halilovic, Iniesta and Rakatic all have much more to show for the team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Sending him on loan would not have likely been enough for us to get Rakatic. I know they're interested in signing Roberto on loan, but if it's clear to us who is the better midfield prospect, I can guarantee you Sevilla does as well.

True.

PhilS

For players like Sergi, the pre-season is important. He needs to show more or he will get no meaningful minutes this year.

Home of Barca Fans