Sergi Roberto

anguy

Thought he was decent tbh, better than Xavi. Good workrate, intense, some good passes.

He has good work rate, true, but absolutely lacks creativity and BALLS. All his passes were to the side and backwards (of course Xavi did the same), because he doesn't trust himself to try some through ball.

Alarcón

Of course he's not good enough to challenge for a starting spot, he won't ever be. But it's reassuring to know he hasn't forgotten how to play football altogether. I think the worst thing about him is still the fact that he loses the ball too often without any reason and that his first touch is very poor at times for a player who is actually technically gifted.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've never been able to shake my perception of him as a system player, nothing more...They should sell him because he has quality, just not good enough for Barcelona's first team

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Roberto was ok IMO. He worked hard in the first half(in recuperation and pressing mostly), trailed off in the second just like the rest of the team, but he's got very little creativity and leaves almost zero imprint on the game. A whole game can go by and you would not know he played unless you're actively looking for him.

I think he's an ok option for depth, but the more he plays the more it looks like he'll be nothing more for this team.

CuleLife4Life

I've never been able to shake my perception of him as a system player, nothing more...They should sell him because he has quality, just not good enough for Barcelona's first team

I feel the same when I watch him. I think he can be a great player for a lower level team but for us he will be a squad player at the most. He will be 23 this season though and should have some type of ambition to get 1st team action elsewhere.Again if he decides to stay as a squad player I think that will still be good but def not starter at Barca material.

Neeraj

Even when he was 21, everyone was raving about Roberto. I didn't get it then, but I thought, hey, maybe people know their stuff and he is genuinely something else. I don't get it now. I'm just not sure what he brings to the table that someone else couldn't do better (even as a squad player). I feel sorry for him, but I think this is going to be his last season here. But knowing how well we do deals, he will do loan spells at various places across Europe before being given away for free.

sabby

I already said in the Chat but ....how Sergi Roberto renew with Barça is the greatest unsolved mystery in the world right now. It’s just not logical.

If you observe carefully - he is the only one with not very high release clause. I'm guessing they want some other club to make reasonable offer next summer and if that's the case then I think its a good move. He's not drawing a big salary anyway.

BusiTheKing

Either he doesn't have the vision and creativity it takes, or he is reluctant to take on the necessary responsibility. We don't care about your pass success rate. Just try to do something with the ball, for fuck sake.

DinhoR10

Either he doesn't have the vision and creativity it takes, or he is reluctant to take on the necessary responsibility. We don't care about your pass success rate. Just try to do something with the ball, for fuck sake.

I've seen him do good things with the ball before, he just needs confidence.

Home of Barca Fans