Sergi Samper

Messi983

He'd mostly be Busquets backup if he stays but I think loan is the best for him. He won't get nearly as much minutes as he needs to develop in our first team next season.

navidjaan

He'd mostly be Busquets backup if he stays but I think loan is the best for him. He won't get nearly as much minutes as he needs to develop in our first team next season.

I still think that will be Masche and Roberto's job next season. A loan move definitely the best for him, but the question is where. Don't know about Sporting. Doesn't suit him.

Messi983

I still think that will be Masche and Roberto's job next season. A loan move definitely the best for him, but the question is where. Don't know about Sporting. Doesn't suit him.

Agree with that.

What makes you think that Sporting wouldn't be a good fit for him and which team do you think would be the best? What about Nastic or maybe Girona if they get promoted? Anyone following them closely to know how they are playing. Would he fit into their team?

I think there should be at least 5 La Liga teams interested in him, so we'll have some choices to make but in the end it will be probably up to him to decide where he'll go. I hope they'll find the best club for him because I think his development this season will affect his whole career.

navidjaan

What makes you think that Sporting wouldn't be a good fit for him and which team do you think would be the best? What about Nastic or maybe Girona if they get promoted? Anyone following them closely to know how they are playing. Would he fit into their team?

I think Sporting play a bit too defensive, and they already have a great defensive midfielder, Sergio Alvarez. I think he should play somewhere where he'd learn more defensively, but still be in possession regularly. Maybe that's too much to ask. Villarreal would be perfect, in my opinion, but I don't think he'd make the XI. I don't know much about Nastic, but I know Girona try to play nice, attacking football.

Messi983

Was thinking about Villarreal too but yes, he won't have a guaranteed place in their XI but then again, he has to earn his minutes and if he can't do that in worse team than Barça he'll never do it here. They'll probably play in CL or at least in EL and Marcelino rotates a lot so he'd get his fair chances in rotation, then it's all up to him how he'll use them. Bruno is aging and can't play every game anymore, Trigueros is more offensive and there are rumours that Pina will leave so there could possibly be a place for Samper. But I've also read some time ago they are interested in City's Fernando after Pep will start his revolution there. Don't know if they can afford him though.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Deal on 4-year renewal of B player Sergi Samper (21) is close. Will then leave, with Sporting, Villarreal, Valencia, City being options [md]

God Serena

Why would he go to City, of all places? That club and that coach are the worst things we could let happen to him if we plan on him having a future here.

Messi983

He won't go to City. They were interested if we were ready to sell him and that's probably why MD is still puting their name on the list of potential options.

navidjaan

He won't go to City. They were interested if we were ready to sell him and that's probably why MD is still puting their name on the list of potential options.

If they really wanted him they could use pay his clause, which is just over 10M. That's nothing for him, if Pep would see him as his new Busi.

Messi983

If they really wanted him they could use pay his clause, which is just over 10M. That's nothing for him, if Pep would see him as his new Busi.

No doubt about that, but he rejected them, didn't he? His clause is probably 12M which is a standard for Barça B players and if he wanted to leave he'd be long gone to one of interested EPL clubs. He has shown a lot of commitment to Barça and I really hope he'll make it here because of that. I wouldn't mind him staying next season as Busi backup (we need one if Roberto will be starter at RB) but I doubt Lucho will give him enough minutes to develop so loan is probably the best for him. We need to find good club. From the mentioned ones I prefer Villarreal. He won't be starter there but Marcelino rotates a lot and he'd have a chance to get European experience, probably in CL. Sporting comes second. I don't know much about Valencia's plans but would prefer him not going there. City's interest in loan is most likely BS. More La Liga teams will probably show interest over the next few weeks too when he renew his contract and we'll officialy put him on loan list.

navidjaan

I think Girona wouldn't be too bad for him, if they do promote. Sure, they'd struggle a lot, but they pay pretty attractive football, he'd stay in Catalunya, and I'm sure he'd be a starter.

Home of Barca Fans