Sergi Samper

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
MOTM easily today, he should join Munir at the 1st team and deputize for Rakitic/Xavi and Busquets. Highest footballing intelligence of any of our prospects, his preseason with the 1st team really sparked something in him to progress at such a high rate. Same thing with Munir.

Trickykid

Hopefully Eusebio doesnt ruin him.
I know it's not a popular oppinion around here, but I don't see many signs of Eusebio ruining anyone, let alone Samper. From what I've seen, Samper has improved by leaps and bounds since he debuted with the B team, and early on in this season, he's already starting to look like a not too distant first teamer. Sure, he was always ridiculously talented, and who knows, he would probably have grown like this with just about any coach, but ruining him? No, not even close.

Just for clarification, I'm no Eusebio fan, not by a long stretch, but sometimes this whole Eusebio is destroying our youngsters thing just hyperboles through the roof.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know it's not a popular oppinion around here, but I don't see many signs of Eusebio ruining anyone, let alone Samper. From what I've seen, Samper has improved by leaps and bounds since he debuted with the B team, and early on in this season, he's already starting to look like a not too distant first teamer. Sure, he was always ridiculously talented, and who knows, he would probably have grown like this with just about any coach, but ruining him? No, not even close.

Just for clarification, I'm no Eusebio fan, not by a long stretch, but sometimes this whole Eusebio is destroying our youngsters thing just hyperboles through the roof.

That was from last year :p

Several times Eusebio would play other players over those who did well and deserved to start. I was just hoping he would play the players on merit because being benched when you should play and warming the bench can stall the development of a player, especially someone like Samper who is years ahead of some in his age group in 'seeing' the match, game intelligence. He(Eusebio) has improved massively though so credit where it's due.

JamDav1982

Several times Eusebio would play other players over those who did well and deserved to start. I was just hoping he would play the players on merit because being benched when you should play and warming the bench can stall the development of a player, especially someone like Samper who is years ahead of some in his age group in 'seeing' the match, game intelligence. He(Eusebio) has improved massively though.

Eusebio did rotate a lot of the younger players but not because they were not rated by him or the club.

I am sure the amount of game time given to young players last season was higher than ever before.

It was not as straightforward as just playing youngsters for 90 mins every game.

Trickykid

Several times Eusebio would play other players over those who did well and deserved to start. I was just hoping he would play the players on merit because being benched when you should play and warming the bench can stall the development of a player, especially someone like Samper who is years ahead of some in his age group in 'seeing' the match, game intelligence. He(Eusebio) has improved massively though so credit where it's due.
Oh.. well, it's still relevant. :)
Anyhow, I'd like to believe he was somehow looking out for those youngsters best interests by easing them in. But yeah, no doubt his choices have been somewhat... questionable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Eusebio did rotate a lot of the younger players but not because they were not rated by him or the club.

I am sure the amount of game time given to young players last season was higher than ever before.

It was not as straightforward as just playing youngsters for 90 mins every game.

Yes, I agree although some of his decisions were really strange to say the least...

Oh.. well, it's still relevant. :)
Anyhow, I'd like to believe he was somehow looking out for those youngsters best interests by easing them in. But yeah, no doubt his choices have been somewhat... questionable.

Yep.

L

linetty

ElaborateImpartialHoneybadger.gif

Home of Barca Fans