Sergi Samper

NICK

I still have hopes for him but is anyone of the same feeling that Samper has regressed a little this season ?. I know the team has not been at the level so to speak/hasn't played well this season and that certainly hasn't helped. Hmmm. A little disappointing lately and someone mentioned that a question mark was raised about his determination and confidence to fight in a relegation scrap. I hope that is not true and his mentality is stronger than that. I still have hopes for him as I said and believe he has that footballing intelligence and ability to become a really good player.

khaled_a_d

I still have hopes for him but is anyone of the same feeling that Samper has regressed a little this season ?. I know the team has not been at the level so to speak/hasn't played well this season and that certainly hasn't helped. Hmmm. A little disappointing lately and someone mentioned that a question mark was raised about his determination and confidence to fight in a relegation scrap. I hope that is not true and his mentality is stronger than that. I still have hopes for him as I said and believe he has that footballing intelligence and ability to become a really good player.

I said it plenty of times that I don't rate him as high as I did early in the season ,lots of question mark about his defense when play DM or his ability to control midfield to play CM at barca level
But tbh those questions was raised about every prospect .lack of seniority,experience,leadership and true system has hurted all the players .No one has looked better than last year .only Grimaldo looked a bit consistent and Halilovic is the only one improved during coarse of the year
It could be they all suck .but when we consider that most of them looked just better last season I guess it might be due to the team

Bran the Greenseer

And Halilovic only improved if you ask me because his dribbling/creating was already senior level he just needed to learn how and when to use his weapons and being in such a suck ass team probably helped that alot.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Samper hasn't benefitted from great coaching in recent years either which is a shame, the often fundamental segue between the youth levels & first team are key in the development of a player...The glimpses of his potential were there for everyone to see this past season when he had chances to play with the 1st team...A big reason why I expect him to be promoted and hopefully benefit from a better environment for developing his raw game

NICK

I still think the ones we had hope for before will still become good players. They are young - oscillations are normal. Well apart from Adama :shakeshead:. The more I think about it and the more time has gone I just can't see it. I cannot see him becoming a good player sadly. I have by far the highest hopes for Halilovic out of all of them (he is the most talented by some way I think aswell as the youngest) but I already wrote my thoughts on him in the Halilovic thread. Samper will come good aswell I'm sure.

Last edited:

Zinedinho

Aside from the mentality issues, of which I don't know anything (and I'm skeptical about) I think Samper is one of those players that perform better the better the players around him are. That tends to happen more with midfielders. Other players shine at the youth level but lack the quality to make an impact in the senior team. That tends to happen with forwards in general.

I have the same high hopes with Samper. Bad season that will help him grow hopefully.

Zangash

Banned
You are a great fan. Samper and Munir started games and Sandro even scored.

I don't see a need for such nastiness. It was just a question, and considering all of Douglas, Vermaelen, and Masip got medals when they themselves didn't play a single minute of CL this season I would have thought my question would be decent.

So explain to me why those three players I mentioned also got medals.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You get a medal if you make a CL appearance which all three of them have. Actually, IIRC you just have to be in the match squads.

Zangash

Banned
You get a medal if you make a CL appearance which all three of them have. Actually, IIRC you just have to be in the match squads.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Kind of funny how the B team kiddos got a CL medal in the same season that their team got relegated to the third division :lol:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Your question sounded a bit disrespectful towards the three guys too. I just wanted to point out that Samper, Munir and Sandro all contributed to the CL win.

Home of Barca Fans