Sergi Samper

xXKonan

CLEXgR7WwAAXAp0.jpg

:lol:

khaled_a_d

Lucho will decide whether to promote him or loan him after preseason. Returning to the B team doesn't seem to be an option.

Was there is anything said about it?only that he doesn't like the idea but IIRC nothing was said from the club perspective
It will be shame really ,it is the best option to stay with Barca B will getting more burn with 1st team

Xavinho

I don't see much of a future for Samper with the first team unfortunately. Busquets only just turned 27 so he has at least five seasons left in him, and spending all those seasons as an option off the bench would ruin Samper's development. Lucho had chances to experiment with playing Samper further forward in the recent friendlies, but he even preferred the likes of Gumbau there to Sergi. And if you add to that the fact Enrique is on record as saying Samper is a deep-lying midfielder it doesn't look promising. Unless Lucho changes his mind about Samper's position he won't get the minutes he needs.

Reminds me of Bartra's situation where you have a talented player who just never gets enough playing time to kick on and develop into a starter.

anguy

The funny thing is our right CM is playing quite deep anyway, similar to DM. At least in first half of previous season Rakitic played deeper than Alves, he moved up a little in second half,but it was still pretty deep. Samper is actually well suited for this role, I don't get why LE doesn't even try him there. Our midfield is currently very thin - just Rakitic and Iniesta, Rafinha and Roberto might be called to play in other positions. So selling/loaning Samper would be pretty stupid.

Gumbau might become backup to BUsq eventually, but I don't see him as CM at all. He completely lacks creativity.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a shame because pre-season is one of the few chances these players get to make a good impression and a chance to play with the 1st team, but it seems like Lucho prefers Gumbau to him at the moment.

Or he's gonna put Gumbau in the 'never select list' after giving him every chance to impress and he failing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans