Sergi Samper

God Serena

At this point whether Lucho loans him out or gives him the Rafinha treatment (You will play until the fans appreciate you!) he seems pretty set to have a good season after this one.

xXKonan

Got to give Samper credit, he could've easily gone to Arsenal with Toral and Bellerin but he wanted to stay and it looks like his Patience and hard work will pay off.

The SPORT article I read today, Corresponds a bit with the Ara.Cat one on Samper I read a couple of months ago. Ara's article talked about Barcelona does not want to lose Samper as they think he's a Gem with the "Barca DNA".

While Samper does have things he needs to improve on I think he has loads of Potential to be a pretty solid DM/CM for us. I wonder if he will be loaned out or Lucho would keep him with the Main squad and Develop him here instead like how Pep did with Busquets when he broke into the team in 2008/09.

I mean Lucho did a great job in getting Roberto back on track and Rafinha was showing improvements here as well. Makes me wonder how Samper would fair Under Lucho with a season worth of development.

Last edited:

God Serena

His contract runs out next season? If he goes on loan he won't be coming back imo.

The club is actively trying to renew him. When Munir was a Juvenil A player they waited until the February/March before his contract expired to finally tie him up.

xXKonan

I mean I read several Articles on MD,Sport,Ara and they all say the same thing for the most part, the club doesn't want to let him go since they consider him a Gem. so they are actively working on a contract extension and the good news is Samper doesn't want to leave either.

I remember their being several La Liga teams that wanted to take him on loan, I would love him to be sent out to a Team like Rayo since they wanted him on loan last summer.

God Serena

I mean I read several Articles on MD,Sport,Ara and they all say the same thing for the most part, the club doesn't want to let him go since they consider him a Gem. so they are actively working on a contract extension and the good news is Samper doesn't want to leave either.

I remember their being several La Liga teams that wanted to take him on loan, I would love him to be sent out to a Team like Rayo since they wanted him on loan last summer.

Is Rayo really a good option, though? Sure, he'd probably break into their midfield with little difficulty, but would he develop well?

xXKonan

[tw]707856202772905984[/tw]

[tw]707856314869932032[/tw]

[tw]707856458344435713[/tw]

[tw]707856630709428226[/tw]

He also trained with the First team today!

CdMdnzdWIAAt4YM.jpg

Trickykid

It's pretty evident that the kid has his head well screwed on. Hopefully his talent will prove to match his desire.

I'd love to see him on loan at a La Liga side next season.

xXKonan

Interesting point in the Sport article.

There are people who think Gumbau’s more defensive profile was what Luis Enrique liked. But there are other coaches at the club who suggest it was a circumstantial decision. “It could have been a case of form on a momentary level, I imagine Luis Enrique saw Gumbau as physically better [at that point].” Time seems to give that theory reason, because Samper has recovered his validity with the first team, albeit in dribs and drabs. At the club they think Barça B’s relegation did “damage” to the player, as they now play in a division which is a little raw for his style of football.

More at the link.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/sport-confidential-sergi-sampers-future-revealed-4964910

Bran the Greenseer

Watching him play he has all the talent to succeed I think he just needs playing time, unfortunately we have a problem of too much depth in midfield at moment even if he were to play cm he'd have to compete with Rafinha (Prodigal son)and Roberto for just the young player mins. A good loan like Halilovic would do him good.

xXKonan

CdRM8pNXIAATMI5.jpg

Training with the first team again today and MD says he will likely be apart of the match squad tomorrow.

[tw]708324360789082113[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans