Sergio Agüero

Aguero or Rossi? It's a no brainer for me. Aguero every day of the week.

Rossi is a good player, no doubts, but Aguero is on a different level. As Meta pointed out, Aguero has been carrying Atleti for too long, just as Torres did, though Kun is doing it even more impressively than Torres did. Aguero is potential Ballon D'Or, where as Rossi isn't, that's the levels we're talking about here. If i were a Barca fan, i'd be hoping my club would persue Aguero, rather than Rossi.

The argument that Rossi has done better in a worse squad is a weightless argument, because it's more down to enviroment. Villareal is a much more balanced institution than Atleti, almost everyone flourishes at the Madrigal. It's a testament to Aguero that he's done so well at such a tender age. Rossi may be more delicate than Aguero, but that's it. Aguero has more explosiveness, more pace, his goalscoring record is better, he's two footed, he has the capacity to become a phenomonan, he's played with Messi before, he's deadly on counter attack, he can set up goals as well as Rossi... the list goes on.

I think you'll end up with Rossi, and Aguero will be off to City or Madrid, but i think 3-4 years down the line, Barca will look back with regret, for at the very least, not trying for Kun Aguero.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Order of preference

1) Alexis Sanchez
2) Kun
3) Rossi

Sid Lowe seems to think the likely destination is across town at the evil empire

Trequartista

The good
How could that function with no well defined plamaker in attack,ROnaldo and Aguero would be wing forwards so they will need more awinger who gives width and provides assists for the goal machines
Di Maria-Ronaldo-Higs would be better
really cant get this signing for madrid

Aguero or Rossi? It's a no brainer for me. Aguero every day of the week.

Rossi is a good player, no doubts, but Aguero is on a different level. As Meta pointed out, Aguero has been carrying Atleti for too long, just as Torres did, though Kun is doing it even more impressively than Torres did. Aguero is potential Ballon D'Or, where as Rossi isn't, that's the levels we're talking about here. If i were a Barca fan, i'd be hoping my club would persue Aguero, rather than Rossi.

The argument that Rossi has done better in a worse squad is a weightless argument, because it's more down to enviroment. Villareal is a much more balanced institution than Atleti, almost everyone flourishes at the Madrigal. It's a testament to Aguero that he's done so well at such a tender age. Rossi may be more delicate than Aguero, but that's it. Aguero has more explosiveness, more pace, his goalscoring record is better, he's two footed, he has the capacity to become a phenomonan, he's played with Messi before, he's deadly on counter attack, he can set up goals as well as Rossi... the list goes on.

I think you'll end up with Rossi, and Aguero will be off to City or Madrid, but i think 3-4 years down the line, Barca will look back with regret, for at the very least, not trying for Kun Aguero.
Future Ballon D'or winner?:lol:

How could that function with no well defined plamaker in attack,ROnaldo and Aguero would be wing forwards so they will need more awinger who gives width and provides assists for the goal machines
Di Maria-Ronaldo-Higs would be better
really cant get this signing for madrid

Future Ballon D'or winner?:lol:

Potential Ballon D'Or winner. It would take Ronaldo, Messi, and a couple of others playing underpar, but Kun is that good, if he goes to the right team, don't be suprised to see him win it one day.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Aguero will flourish in the right team and would be a potential ballon d'or no question. But there are about 20 potential players who can be rewarded with the ballon d'or each year :D

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Aguero vs Rossi​

2010-2011
Apps: 32 ----- 36
Goals: 20 ----- 18

2009-2010
Apps: 31 ----- 34
Goals: 12 ----- 10

2008-2009
Apps: 37 ----- 30
Goals: 17 ----- 12

2007-2008
Apps: 37 ----- 27
Goals: 19 ----- 11

So, from that you can see Aguero has outscored Rossi every season in La Liga.

To be honest, I think both would do well at Barca and while there is more risk with Aguero there is also more potential whereas Rossi is never going to be really THAT good.

Aguero is a little younger, nearly 23 to Rossi 24.

BUT I think both are a little overpriced?
Aguero - buy out clause supposed to be €45m which seems a fair bit too much.
Rossi - initially supposed to be €30m but recently rumoured to be €40, which is definitely too much.

So, overall I'd offer €30-€35m for Aguero and if not accepted offer €25-€30m for Rossi.

As I think our transfer budget is quite a lot this year:
€40m - Usual
€27m - Ibrahimovic
€17m - Initial 1st Year Bonus Fee from QATAR Foundation

Giving €84m minus €5m spent on the defender leaves about €80m without any more sales of players.

So, that's €35m for Aguero and €45m for Fabregas;)

Nice post :beer2:

I'd certainly rather have Aguero for 35 than Rossi for 30.

Co0ter

I've been thinking of the Rossi vs Aguero debate and it's become very clear to me. I have prefered Aguero and here is why:

When we've played Villahreal I've never feared Rossi, yet when Kun gets the ball anywhere remotely close to our box my stomach starts twisting. Just my thoughts.

SoMa

so why are people calling him el kunt? what the fuck has aguero ever done, get real, aguero is twice the player rossi is, outscoring him every la liga season in a "worse" team

Chainsaw

Killahead
so why are people calling him el kunt? what the fuck has aguero ever done, get real, aguero is twice the player rossi is, outscoring him every la liga season in a "worse" team

Yeah right? Too many drama queens in the house!

Home of Barca Fans