Sergio Agüero

Chainsaw

Killahead
From what I read Barca won't pay straight 35m for Sanchez. It'll be 25-27m and the rest will be paid base on the player's performance or the team's overall results. About spotlight that could be an idea too, but Messi and Aguero are friends. I think Barca could make the best deal by chasing Aguero instead of other options, as he could as well adopt himself on the wings beside already being a CF. Unlike Sanchez who is more of a winger and Rossi who is the least talented of them all. I too believed Barca could lower Aguero's price, but for whatever reason was behind that they didn't try as much as they could.

DucdeOrléans

From what I read Barca won't pay straight 35m for Sanchez. It'll be 25-27m and the rest will be paid base on the player's performance or the team's overall results. About spotlight that could be an idea too, but Messi and Aguero are friends. I think Barca could make the best deal by chasing Aguero instead of other options, as he could as well adopt himself on the wings beside already being a CF. Unlike Sanchez who is more of a winger and Rossi who is the least talented of them all. I too believed Barca could lower Aguero's price, but for whatever reason was behind that they didn't try as much as they could.

+.

Although the incentives we would include in a hypothetical deal would with more or less a certainty be payed eventually. So basically it is still 35 million. So if he had a bit more will and if Agüero was the priority for Pep (which I personally don't understand why he is not) then I think we could buy him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If we paid all the incentives, that means the player is a huge success at the club. If he becomes that big a success the 35m might not seem so much exorbitant then!!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If we paid all the incentives, that means the player is a huge success at the club. If he becomes that big a success the 35m might not seem so much exorbitant then!!

That's the way I look at it. I want to pay these add ons because it will mean the player and club are successful.

Co0ter

Aguero was my first choice buy this summer (only b/c I knew we'd never buy Pato) but both Pep and Barca don't seem interested at all, what-so-ever. I gave up early on. My second choice is Sanchez now, I think he's great but Aguero could easily play on the wings as well AND as a superb CF. He's also proven in Spain, scoring a ton of goals on a shite team. If we pay 35 for Sanchez (27 + incentives) I'd probably be happy with that...but I think if we offered flat out 40 for Aguero, Ateltico would take it over selling him to Real for 45.

Whether it's 40 for Aguero or 35 for Sanchez....why not?! You just spent 49 and 38 in back-to-back years on 28 year olds. 40 for a proven, world-class 22 year old seems like common sense to me. A buy for NOW and the FUTURE.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Aguero was my first choice buy this summer (only b/c I knew we'd never buy Pato) but both Pep and Barca don't seem interested at all, what-so-ever. I gave up early on. My second choice is Sanchez now, I think he's great but Aguero could easily play on the wings as well AND as a superb CF. He's also proven in Spain, scoring a ton of goals on a shite team. If we pay 35 for Sanchez (27 + incentives) I'd probably be happy with that...but I think if we offered flat out 40 for Aguero, Ateltico would take it over selling him to Real for 45.

Whether it's 40 for Aguero or 35 for Sanchez....why not?! You just spent 49 and 38 in back-to-back years on 28 year olds. 40 for a proven, world-class 22 year old seems like common sense to me. A buy for NOW and the FUTURE.

Exactly my thoughts. Let us just hope that Sanchez (if we buy him with looks likely right now) can live up to his price tag.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah it's sad Barca didn't try enough for Aguero. Let's move on now. I doubt he ends up in Real still. He's not the fav type of Mou's player. Mourinho more prefers physcial tall players who can do pressing well. I hope Moratti at least try for Aguero.

DucdeOrléans

Ring the bell!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Exactly. We should have done it a month ago. If we still would have money left then we could focuse completely on Cesc and avoid all those stupid rumours with Rossi and Sanchez (Rossi worth 40 million euro and Sanchez 50 mio euro now:lol:) Give me a break.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I wonder what Barca management is thinking for real? Weeks were wasted for signing a player who gets 1m more expensive everyday! Just go and get Aguero for 40m and be done with it ffs!!

DucdeOrléans

Exactly. Agüero is also the most experienced, proven and the player with the most talent and potential out of those 3.

And he could potentially even become the cheapest if both Udinese and Villarreal insist on their price tags. (although I guess Villarreal would be willing to sell for 35 million euros)

But 36-38 million euro plus Bojan and Montoya (Ufalusi just moved to Galatasaray) would do it. Certainly 40 million euros plus Bojan.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I think Bojan to Roma is as good as done. But Milito, Maxwell, Soriano and Montoya could be used in the deal for Aguero.

Home of Barca Fans