Sergio Agüero

Garrus

We've been successful at putting deadly goalscorers across the front 3 before. Eto'o, Henry, Villa, etc. I find that a front 3 of a really high attacking/playmaking caliber is much more effective than a front 3 with natural wingers like Alexis and Pedro. They can't man mark Messi because there would be two huge threats on the wings to cover. Although with our defense in this shape and Alves being absolutely dismal at tracking back and playing defensively, we do need a natural winger like Pedro to help cover for him. If we fix our defensive problems though, our front line could be at full force once again.
Teams don't treat us like they used to 4 years ago, they now play more defensively compact and certainly don't offer the same open spaces that henry had, (Eto only played as a winger in a few games, He was CF most of the season), Because of that stretching the field by hanging near the touch line and making runs to open spaces for the fullbacks became more important as the seasons went by, Which logically led to more defensive duties for the wingers, Center forward players aren't naturally suited nor apply these duties effectively, But true wingers can.
And you're wrong about them being more of a threat on the wing and messi will get less man marked, These CF players are only a threat when they are actually near the goal, How can aguero for example be a threat for the other team when he's hanging near the touch line 40 meters away from the goal, What will happen is messi will get even more crowded, Because the only way aguero can destabilize the defense is by pace and running toward the goal, And again CF aren't good at that as true wingers.

SwiftGuyver

Kun could easily play and perform for us on the left or right of a front three!

I still can't believe we went for Alexis instead of him a couple summers ago, Atleti offered him to us, he wanted to come to us and we said no and signed Alexis! I actually like Alexis but seriously C'MON SON!!!

Villa is blatently off this summer, it's a shame IMO, I don't really understand why he hasn't played more this season and I'd like him to stay another season but I guess there are probably plenty of factors I don't know about...I reckon we can get £12-15 million for him and if he does leave and we can sell Alexis as well I think we should go for Kun or Neymar...

Kun or Neymar/Tello-----Messi-----Pedro/Deulofeu

I'd love to see Götze at Barca but I can't see that happening and we don't need him as much as Kun or Neymar & Hummels. ter Stegen would be good as well but I reckon we'll hang on to VV for another season...

so in summary, sell DV7 & Alexis and buy either Kun or Neymar & Hummels.

barcaboy15

We should buy Aguero in the summer, apologise profusely to Villa and beg him to stay and next season play:

Aguero - Messi - Villa​

Best thing about that front three is the versatility, Messi can play right / center. Villa left / center and Aguero right / center / left.

Would be as good as Messi - Eto - Henry even.

ammarfcb

ze special one
We should buy Aguero in the summer, apologise profusely to Villa and beg him to stay and next season play:

Aguero - Messi - Villa​

Best thing about that front three is the versatility, Messi can play right / center. Villa left / center and Aguero right / center / left.

Would be as good as Messi - Eto - Henry even.

sad thing is the management still haven't noticed villa is 2 footed let alone make a signing as good as aguero

DucdeOrléans

I already said that Agüero should have been bought instead of Alexis who was hyped up by people who only watched him 2-3 times for Udinese, a few Youtube clips and during the World Cup. Now people have learnt their lessons. If Iniesta and Alexis are good enough to play on the "wing" (the "problem" is that we have not been playing with traditional wingers for nearly a decade) then certainly Agüero is able to play the same role.

In hindsight given our lack of consistent goalscorer's and woeful displays of Alexis we should have bought Agüero. At least we would have had different goalscoring alternatives other than a finished Villa (yes, as much as I like him it's time for him to move on in the summer which I am sure he will - unless he accepts another role) and Cesc of all people....

Anyway Agüero is not going to be bought since Neymar is arriving.

Garrus

And since when aguero became the desperately needed savior of FC Barcelona over night, I must have been a sleep.
A couple of people suggest him and everyone goes
"Agüero, Well of course!!, How didn't i thought of that before, I mean duh!, Say no to the bad overhyped neymar, It's Agüero, It has always been Agüero, We have been blinded all this time"

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Aguero is massively overrated IMO, holds on the ball for far too long & his form for Manchester City this season is nothing to shout about.

If he put in a few of those performances he has done for City over the season for Barcelona, you guys would be going beserk

Home of Barca Fans