Sergio Agüero

DucdeOrléans

If we in the CL then 50 million could easily be spent on Aguero, bearing in mind that Sanchez would for around 20 million. But still I believe Neymar will be the player brought in.

If we win. Also I doubt that such a investment could be done "easily". If anything it would require departures that were not initially planned. In short both Villa and Sánchez to move on this summer, which I see as highly doubtful. Also where does Neymar fit in? Most importantly when have FCB ever bought as high-profile and expensive attackers as Agüero and Neymar at once during a single transfer window? The answer is never.

Indignado

If we win. Also I doubt that such a investment could be done "easily". If anything it would require departures that were not initially planned. In short both Villa and Sánchez to move on this summer, which I see as highly doubtful. Also where does Neymar fit in? Most importantly when have FCB ever bought as high-profile and expensive attackers as Agüero and Neymar at once during a single transfer window? The answer is never.

If Aguero's coming, Neymar won't come, and vice versa. I think Aguero would be a great addition and minus the money we'll get for Alexis, we could get him for 15-30m (depending on what City will demand). Him, a CB, a GK, sell Valdes, Alexis and a couple of others, we could arrive at a reasonable -50m for transfers this summer.

Kerrybai

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply both players would be brought in. I think 1 expensive attacker will come in. I would love it to be Aguero but it seems it will be Neymar which also excites me.

Either Villa, Snchez or Pedro will have to make way.

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

So, um, am I the only one who's noticed Aguero hasn't even been that good this season?

For me, this is as good as it is bad. Trying to buy him now is suddenly a realistic ambition,last offseason if would have been impossible. Yes, there's a risk, but there always is. I'd still love for this (Kun to Barca) to happen, don't forget his career prior to this season, he's a phenomenal player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So, um, am I the only one who's noticed Aguero hasn't even been that good this season?

2 knee injuries in less than a year will do that

Could be a brilliant strike partner with Leo but he would not be easy to pry away...Bought for €45 million, not sure how his valuation has gone down in 2 seasons - if anything, it's gone up...And Zubi/Rosell aren't in the habit of paying that much for a player, perhaps Villa would go in the other direction to bring the cost down?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Villa & Henry weren't really known for being wing players either...The advantage with Kun is that he's still just 24 y.o. (25 this summer) and arguably the peak of his career just in front of him and still ample pace to be a danger anywhere in that trident

AURELIUS

This forum loves Aguero too much; do we even know if he can play the wings well?

Yes he can. Won a penalty against Brazil in the Olympics like that. There was that goal against Olympiakos in the CL with Atletico amongst many other examples. He and Leo have a natural chemistry.

IMO, we don't really need a new forward if Villa doesn't leave (don't think he will if we give him more playing time, especially if we play him in the remaining CL matches). Aguero would be a good (albeit expensive and perhaps unrealistic) choice if he does though.

King Leo

Banned
Suarez :shakeshead: however an Aguero/Messi combo is lethal.
No worries about Kun's injuries, we have a medical staff that will keep him healthy year round, just look at how healthy our team has been lately.

Home of Barca Fans