Sergio Busquets

Sergio

Sergison
Well why have they not put it forward as a far more serious charge of racism, rather than just the same as diving/play acting etc?

W

woobie

Maybe because they know they'd get shot down because the vid isn't exactly what it seems. Or perhaps they worry about pressing it because they worry that they'd face the same issue with Arbeloa?

Sergio

Sergison
Must be the latter, because he clearly is saying mono, and if Madrid really wanted him in trouble they should have pressed for that which would carry a far more serious punishment.

For the record though, it doesn't shock me at all, its normal to hear such comments in Spain and its more accepted than other western countries.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Must be the latter, because he clearly is saying mono, and if Madrid really wanted him in trouble they should have pressed for that which would carry a far more serious punishment.

For the record though, it doesn't shock me at all, its normal to hear such comments in Spain and its more accepted than other western countries.

this...

Sergio

Sergison
Maybe because he doesnt actually say mono?? Just a thought

Well you and I both know he did, just like how we both know Xabi and Ramos got sent off on purpose in the group stage. It is circumstantial, in that yes he he might have meant mono as in the term for dungarees, in the same way that Xabi and Ramos could of got sent off by accident. But its clear, when viewed in context, the intent.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
well u got your wish serg lol...madrid have sent in a complaint about busquets to uefa according to soccernet ........busquets is in trouble

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Nothing more is added as far as complained is concerned .

UEFA : Following last night's UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg between Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona, UEFA has opened the following disciplinary cases against the clubs.

The case against Real Madrid is in relation to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, the red card shown to Pepe, the dismissal of coach José Mourinho, as well as the inappropriate statement given by Mr Mourinho to the media after the match (UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, Article 5 – Principles of conduct).

The case against Barcelona regards the red card administered to José Pinto.

Both cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Friday 6 May.

W

woobie

I am not at all positive that's what was said, Sergio, though I admit it does appear to be the case. I am not going to be trusting of something originally 'uncovered' by Marca et al. for the obvious reason that they're known to fabricate stuff when it comes to Barca players.

However, you seem to be quite convinced so I'm going to leave you to it.

Sergio

Sergison
I am not at all positive that's what was said, Sergio, though I admit it does appear to be the case. I am not going to be trusting of something originally 'uncovered' by Marca et al. for the obvious reason that they're known to fabricate stuff when it comes to Barca players.

However, you seem to be quite convinced so I'm going to leave you to it.

I am convinced that is what that footage shows.

I agree on your point about Marca's credibility, but I don't think doctoring video footage to make his lips move and put a hand across his face is within their capabilities.

Barcafire

Being on the end of racial insults throughout life, from both african american, mexican americans, caucasian americans, asians against asians, brazilian blacks, italians (omg, the italians, lol)... Anyway, I'm neither numb or angry at situations like this anymore. I started to realize that whether it's racism out of pure ignorance or out of anger (which is also ignorance caused out of anger), all of society is to blame. People just aren't racist because they are born that way. It's from upbringing, society, friends, parents, school, tv, news, media, movies, etc. It's taught from everyone.

I don't know one person that either isn't racist or perceived as a racist due to different cultural differences. I have Spanish friends that says things that us Americans would find offensive, but being extremely open minded ourselves, we know they don't mean it in such a way.

Not to protect Busquets, but I feel he was provoked by Marcelo's dirty games and wanted to jab him one more time. Racism isn't the main issue here, overall, it's the dirty world of 'you hurt me, i'll hurt you'. Whether it's in a form of diving (di maria, marcelo, pedro, busquests) or career ending tackles (all of real madrid ;) jk...

Busquets is still young and have many years to right his wrongs. In the end, it's just words. Unlike Pepe's career ending tackles.

Xavi_78

Is there an official complaint from Marcelo and an objective (!) proof? Until now there are only more or less talented people try to read lips. As far as I know until know nobody know for sure what was said in the WC finalte to Zidane, because we had as much versions as lip readers. So until there is something else than leisure time lipreaders for me is innocent until proven otherwise.

Home of Barca Fans