Sergio Busquets

J

Jammer

Is 2nd leg banning enough? I mean that's a pretty token gesture, a game Barca are comfortable in and can easily slot Mashereno in to his position now that Puyol is back to play centre half. I really wanna defend Busquets, but this is a very serious matter and could do untold damage to the clubs image world wide even ignoring the moral aspects of it all which are huge in themselves. Again, all this is under the IF he's guilty hypothetical, which hasn't been confirmed quite yet.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Don't listen to Sid Lowe, he himself as ajournalist has been constantly moaning about the hype and attention the Clasicos have gained. And then he tweets things like this? I've lost a lot of time for him and many others over the past week. He is reading more into this and I doubt any more will come to light on the situation regardless to the truth.

liger05

I hate racism. No matter how small insult is I think it needs harshest punishment. If the player admits to the club he dis this then I think publicly he needs to apologise and be punished by the club. I'm surprised marcelo never reacted, I would go mental If someone said that to me.

impeh

Hi, its me..
I hate racism. No matter how small insult is I think it needs harshest punishment. If the player admits to the club he dis this then I think publicly he needs to apologise and be punished by the club. I'm surprised marcelo never reacted, I would go mental If someone said that to me.

yeh, thats a little weird and makes me doubt that its what he said. Marcelo is a bit of a douche and youd expect him to react..

Hatem Ben Arfa

Don't listen to Sid Lowe, he himself as ajournalist has been constantly moaning about the hype and attention the Clasicos have gained. And then he tweets things like this? I've lost a lot of time for him and many others over the past week. He is reading more into this and I doubt any more will come to light on the situation regardless to the truth.

WHAT? When has Sid Lowe been moaning about hype and attention Clasicos have gained?

Sid Lowe is permanently based in Spain!

He does nothing but champion La Liga over EPL and does nothing but say positive things about Barcelona!

People complain on his articles acusing him of being a Barcelona fan!

As for this Racism Row, IF TRUE, and it is looking more and more that way going by Sid Lowe's tweets, Busquets MUST BE PUNISHED AND PUNISHED SEVERELY! At least a 10 MATCH BAN, 5 WEEKS WAGES FINE! I never liked him ever and always thought Yaya Toure was better! He still is better in my opinion.

IF TRUE, I am disappointed with FC Barcelona not forcing Busquets to make an immediate and public apology once the allegations surfaced IF they are true! This will do untold damage to FC Barcelona's standing and image around the World!

I will also be DISAPOINTED IN PEP GUARDIOLA IF these allegations are true, and all he has said is that sometimes players make mistakes! He should come out and condemn the actions of his player!

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Twitter, he has been complaining constantly about the effects of all these Clasicos and the media attention surrounding it and the effect it may (or may not) have on the national team.

Yet the ironic thing is the very fact that he, as an international journalist is writing about what he is moaning about!!

W

woobie

Didn't Sid Lowe do translation work for some of the englishmen playing for Madrid? I always thought he was more of a Madridista.

And we have no proof -- I don't think twitter constitutes a particularly reliable source for anything - that Busquets said anything in particular. Should that proof come about, yes, a serious punishment is in order.

liger05

WHAT? When has Sid Lowe been moaning about hype and attention Clasicos have gained?

Sid Lowe is permanently based in Spain!

He does nothing but champion La Liga over EPL and does nothing but say positive things about Barcelona!

People complain on his articles acusing him of being a Barcelona fan!

As for this Racism Row, IF TRUE, and it is looking more and more that way going by Sid Lowe's tweets, Busquets MUST BE PUNISHED AND PUNISHED SEVERELY! At least a 10 MATCH BAN, 5 WEEKS WAGES FINE! I never liked him ever and always thought Yaya Toure was better! He still is better in my opinion.

IF TRUE, I am disappointed with FC Barcelona not forcing Busquets to make an immediate and public apology once the allegations surfaced IF they are true! This will do untold damage to FC Barcelona's standing and image around the World!

I will also be DISAPOINTED IN PEP GUARDIOLA IF these allegations are true, and all he has said is that sometimes players make mistakes! He should come out and condemn the actions of his player!

Is the lack of reaction from Barcelona due to the culture in Spain? I mean look what the ex Spanish boss said about Henry. Nothing was done about that. If a player over here in England did this the public and media would be demanding answers and there would be no option to stay silent.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Well exactly Woobie, this is just a hunch of his taken further than it is worth. The reality is, we have issued a video of supposed evidence showing Busquets abusing MArcelo. The very fact it has been thrown out by uefa suggests either the recording doesnt provide solid evidence, busquets is innocent, or uefa (as I suspect ;) ) are truely bent.

Hatem Ben Arfa

This whole saga is very ugly and distasteful indeed!

IF ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE and Busquets plays tomorrow, I really don't care if a Madrid Player snaps him in half! And I will be disappointed in Pep and FC Barcelona not taking a stronger moral stance!

The Barcelona coach, Pep Guardiola, insisted Busquets had merely made a "mistake" and that it would be up to Uefa to decide if he should be punished. "I know these players. They are an example of professionalism," said the Barcelona coach. "They love this sport. Some of them, during the game, can make a mistake but as players they are exemplary both for Spain and for Barcelona." Asked if he would punish Busquets he said: "We are not proud when they make mistakes but I know these players. If we do something wrong, then Uefa have to decide. It won't happen again."

XaviMessiGirl

Maybe they don't want to deal with this until after the match, I don't know. But honestly if Pep knows he said this and doesn't punish him then I don't know what to say. Yeah it's a "mistake" but if these "mistakes" go unpunished by his club then it makes it look like he can get away with it and that we condone such behavior. Conversely if it's not true then just say so - although the fact it's been so long and no one has denied it makes it look like it's true.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
shame on Busquets! I'm ashamed. Every single monkey on the planet should be offended.
Monkeys are cool and intelligent animals, why on earth people treat them like this and use'em as offensive words?

Plus Marcelo looks like rabbit hit with a saucepan. Busquets should stop diving and offend the monkeys. He is starting to annoy me :angry:

:lol:

Koma

If he did it, it's a disgrace. Diving + these racist alegations.. Sergio is shit. I am suprised by the reaction from Pep, every player should be punished for those remarks no mather how good he is or how good servant to the club he was.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Maybe they don't want to deal with this until after the match, I don't know.

You mean UEFA or Pep & FC Barcelona?

By Pep's quotes it would seem to suggest that the allegations are true or that they suspect they are. I'm sure Pep will have confronted Busquets and so will the Black players of FC Barcelona and they will have gotten the truth out of him.

IF Pep & FC Barca let Busquets play tomorrow, and IF they do so knowing the serious allegations are true........then I have LOST A MASSIVE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF RESPECT for Pep Guardiola and those in charge at FC Barcelona because it will be a COMPLETE AND UTTER DISGRACE! As for Busquets I NEVER had respect for him before this whole Racism Allegations.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
If he did it, it's a disgrace. Diving + these racist alegations.. Sergio is shit. I am suprised by the reaction from Pep, every player should be punished for those remarks no mather how good he is or how good servant to the club he was.

:lol:....busquets is one o our best players

Home of Barca Fans