Sergio Busquets

Seamus

Well you and I both know he did, just like how we both know Xabi and Ramos got sent off on purpose in the group stage. It is circumstantial, in that yes he he might have meant mono as in the term for dungarees, in the same way that Xabi and Ramos could of got sent off by accident. But its clear, when viewed in context, the intent.

I'm not trying to write off your argument, but neither of us can lip read and it is not 100% clear that he said mono or anything else, so no one can claim that he said it. You believe he did, I believe he didnt, and the fact Madrid didnt report it stands for something as they surely would've said it in their report to UEFA had something been said.

jairzinho

whether or not the charge was rejected, or racist evidence true, the fact is Barca's image after the win in Madrid has changed, whether we as fans and aficonadios want to believe that or not. honestly, i think with the amount of press attention on the matter of Sergi, the club and or player should at least make a statement, regarding the matter. staying silent, on a matter of this nature is not wise, especially when it involves directly the image of the club and what it stands for. the club or sergi himself needs to either condemn the allegations and deny them or..take other corrective action.

elizel

Me too, I hope they come out with official statements on the matter already, whether it's the clubs or the players involved. So that if it's not true that he used that racist insult, then the accusations can be dismissed. Of course, if it is true, then I definitely hope the club takes the needed disciplinary action. Because until all this is ironed out, people are more than eager to keep using this issue to ruin the image of the entire team. :(

Barcafire

Man, Mourinho has turn both our clubs into bickering children. Every club can release videos like that. I wish we can just get back to football. Mourinho has really brought a disturbing soap opera to La Liga. Downright sad.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Never believed any of it possible but after Blanc, I guess I'm finding everything remains possible...Sid Lowe is tweeting that Pep intimated in his pressy that the mono accusations attributed to Busqets is true...Anyone confirm this who saw/heard the pressy?

M

Messi+Eto

Man, Mourinho has turn both our clubs into bickering children. Every club can release videos like that. I wish we can just get back to football. Mourinho has really brought a disturbing soap opera to La Liga. Downright sad.

LOL ! You just got to love Mourinho! he makes every day online worth it. I think we take him too serious. All he is doing is trying to distract us.
A MIND GAME! He is a psychologist remember.

J

Jammer

sidlowe Sid Lowe
3. It would of course still be helpful to have an explicit admittance/denial, though.
18 minutes ago

sidlowe Sid Lowe
2. directly about it, he didn't deny it and said that his players can make mistakes on pitch and are not proud of those mistakes.
19 minutes ago

sidlowe Sid Lowe
1. Let me clarify for those who don't seem to understand 'appeared to confirm'. Pep did not say Busquets made racist remarks, but asked

Sid Lowes tweets on this matter. Not confirmation, but not far off. IF it's true, between this and his frankly pathetic, embarassing diving, is Busquets, world class player that he is, worth the hassle he causes and IF this turns out to be true (not proven yet), what should the reaction be?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
like I said, if it's true that he said that, then he should be fined heavily (6 months wages wouldn't be too severe) and banned for the 2nd leg.

Home of Barca Fans