Sergio Busquets

XaviMessiGirl

You mean UEFA or Pep & FC Barcelona?

By Pep's quotes it would seem to suggest that the allegations are true or that they suspect they are. I'm sure Pep will have confronted Busquets and so will the Black players of FC Barcelona and they will have gotten the truth out of him.

IF Pep & FC Barca let Busquets play tomorrow, and IF they do so knowing the serious allegations are true........then I have LOST A MASSIVE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF RESPECT for Pep Guardiola and those in charge at FC Barcelona because it will be a COMPLETE AND UTTER DISGRACE! As for Busquets I NEVER had respect for him before this whole Racism Allegations.

Barca mostly, maybe both, but it's just speculation. Honestly the best thing to do here - if we're not going to deny the allegations - is bench Busquets for tomorrow. With the return of Abidal we can afford to, and Masch can play DM. That way he's not involved in any of the goings-on tomorrow and the situation doesn't get worse. THEN after the match the club can clear things up.

Hatem Ben Arfa

u guys are nuts...we aint benching busquets

no we probably won't and that in itself is part of the disgrace in my opinion. Even if we are struggling badly with injuires!

And as for other poster saying over-reaction. NO it is not an over-reaction, A Barcelona player MIGHT have said something Racist, that might is looking much more probable after reading Guardiola's quotes. FC Barcelona, Pep Guardiola and Busquets need to strongly condemn racism rather than belittle it to a "mistake"!

wat is soo big a mess....u dont think that spanish players arent racist???

So all Spanish players are Racist now? And we shouldn't at all be surprised that a FC Barcelona player is alleged to have Racially Abused a black player on the field of play?

Stop trying to belittle this situation as if it is nothing, as if we should let it be swept under the carpet as if there isn't a problem at all.

Yes there is Racism in Spain that seems to be much more conspicuous than in other countries, that is not a surprise to anyone who watches Spanish Football and seen the despicable abuse some fans have chanted from the stands at some stadiums over the years. BUT You don't expect a player to racially abuse another player on the field of play. This IS a BIG DEAL and it IS turning into a huge mess, given FC Barcelona's response to the situation.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Just because racism is still prevalent in Spain doesn't mean the club shouldn't take a stand against it. It shouldn't be condoned (and ignoring it is essentially condoning it) from a professional footballer nor an association such as Barca. Plus the fact that we have black players on our squad who have suffered racial abuse themselves, and Messi and others have participated in anti-racism campaigns.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Just because racism is still prevalent in Spain doesn't mean the club shouldn't take a stand against it. It shouldn't be condoned (and ignoring it is essentially condoning it) from a professional footballer nor an association such as Barca. Plus the fact that we have black players on our squad who have suffered racial abuse themselves, and Messi and others have participated in anti-racism campaigns.

+1

Exactly!

e28makaveli

u guys are nuts...we aint benching busquets

No.

There is more to football, or any sport of that matter, than just winning dude. Barca is an institution that teaches a lot more than football, so they must do the right thing here based on evidence. Given the controversy, the respectable thing to do is sit Busquets down for tomorrow. Barca should not lose this game without Busquets. But if somehow they do, then they can blame themselves for relying so critically on his services.

gingerless

Being on the end of racial insults throughout life, from both african american, mexican americans, caucasian americans, asians against asians, brazilian blacks, italians (omg, the italians, lol)... Anyway, I'm neither numb or angry at situations like this anymore. I started to realize that whether it's racism out of pure ignorance or out of anger (which is also ignorance caused out of anger), all of society is to blame. People just aren't racist because they are born that way. It's from upbringing, society, friends, parents, school, tv, news, media, movies, etc. It's taught from everyone.

I don't know one person that either isn't racist or perceived as a racist due to different cultural differences. I have Spanish friends that says things that us Americans would find offensive, but being extremely open minded ourselves, we know they don't mean it in such a way.

Not to protect Busquets, but I feel he was provoked by Marcelo's dirty games and wanted to jab him one more time. Racism isn't the main issue here, overall, it's the dirty world of 'you hurt me, i'll hurt you'. Whether it's in a form of diving (di maria, marcelo, pedro, busquests) or career ending tackles (all of real madrid ;) jk...

Busquets is still young and have many years to right his wrongs. In the end, it's just words. Unlike Pepe's career ending tackles.

agree.... does anyone here really believe that busquets is actually racist? i laugh at the idea... he probably (if he DID say monkey) just wanted to make an insult and in the end that's what he said, i don't think he said it because he's racist... more like a child that makes a general insult but doesn't really think about it, anyway.... this thread has been raided by trolls badly a lot of people that just don't like busquets for his antics are making assumptions and jumping to conclusions here so i won't be here for a while, ciao

XaviMessiGirl

It's not for me to say whether he is racist or not, I don't know him personally so I can't make that judgment, none of us can. But it is entirely possible that yes, he just made a stupid insulting comment and that's the first thing he thought of. Doesn't change the fact it is what it is though. Even if he didn't actually "mean it" it still happened.

Hatem Ben Arfa

agree.... does anyone here really believe that busquets is actually racist? i laugh at the idea... he probably (if he DID say monkey) just wanted to make an insult and in the end that's what he said, i don't think he said it because he's racist... more like a child that makes a general insult but doesn't really think about it, anyway.... this thread has been raided by trolls badly a lot of people that just don't like busquets for his antics are making assumptions and jumping to conclusions here so i won't be here for a while, ciao

WOW!

So becuase you just want insult someone, and use a Racial Slur to do it, it does not mean you have just commited an act of racism and that you are not a racist?

And Busquets is an adult! Not a child!

So if you walk up to someone in the street and insult them with a slur relating to their race, and you get arrested for a hate crime. Your excuse/defence in court is that you are not racist, and that you only racially abused that person to insult them?

If you racially abuse someone, it is RACISM! And you are being Racist!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans