Sergio Busquets

Birdy

As for Yaya Toure, he is better than Busquets. If he did not become overweight he probably would never have lost his place to Busquets. And he WAS overweight, I was in Camp Nou and noticed first hand that his potbelly was sticking out of his shirt as he waited on the touchline to come on as a sub.

Busquets makes nice interceptions and his long legs help him to keep the ball when he's made a mistake or when somenoe makes a bad pass to him. But Yaya Toure did just that and more by getting forward occasionally and scoring goals even Messi would be proud of, athleticism and good pace and great tackler of the ball and good passer to keep possession and creatively also. when he wanted to.

Yaya was great..
Last year i was really angry that Sergio was playing so many times ahead of Yaya..
If it was this year's Sergio and Last year's Toure it would have been justified..
HE improved a lot this year.. Has developed also some very nice off the ball movements : he is constantly trying to free himslef as a pass option (ex In messi's goal ta bernabeu he offered himself for the firs pass that started messi's run..)
But Remeber Sergio in Stamford Bridge and in Rome against United? Anonymous.. he is now a far cry from that player..

the thing with Toure is that last year he was slightly worst than the treble year. But he could play alongside Sergio many times.. He has been proving all the time that he can fill a more offensive position.. His dribble is fantastic combined with his unbraking composure.. He is a classic number '8', the man to carry the ball from the halfway line to the outside of the box..
And there were games that his characteristics were really needed. Like San siro defeat..
He should have played instead of Keita in many games last season when iniesta was out..

Its a pity he left.. he could fill many positions, especially this year in the defense..

SwiftGuyver

i miss Yaya and it's been nice seeing him do so well at City this season but Biscuits is one hell of a player and overall he works for our system better than Yaya...

Hatem Ben Arfa

so can u discuss the meds that you are on because if this is a serious post i might die of laughter and sorrow

You can joke all you want. You don't watch the 90 mins of all Newcastle United's games.

You seem typical of many people, you will only take real notice of how good a player he is when he joins one of the top 4 clubs, and think because he plays for a newly promoted club like Newcastle 'how good can he be, stop taking the meds etc'.

Tiote is one of the best defensive mdifielder in the Premier Leauge by miles. Better than De Jong and all other pretenders. Not only does Tiote intercept amlost everything, he plays exactly like XAVI after he has won the ball. He hardly ever ever loses it(yes there is the odd game where that happens to everyone) but he never seems to lose the ball, dictates the play, his passing, control and technique is that of a Barca player, he's not affraid to keep the ball and take his time and pick out the correct pass, opting not to pass when it is too risky, and he turns and pivots and leaves players chasing him just like Xavi does!

Obviously in a team like Newcastle United Tiote will not make anywhere near the number of passes Xavi makes in a game. But just for an example in his Debut game for Newcastle, he attempted 43 passes and had a 100% Pass Completion rate.

I suppose you will only realize how good he is when you see him playing for one of the big 4 clubs more regularly on the TV.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He did the same right after the world cup, when the U21s had qualifiers.

he's a legend.

it's such a great gesture and really shows his commitment. I mean this guy is a World Cup winner. and not a cheap one like Kaka in '02 or Vieira in '98. this guy played damn near every minute and was awesome nearly all the time. and he's offering to help the u21's in qualifiers? and now in a tournament in what would otherwise be his only summer off for the next 4 years?

I hope he goes. the risk of burnout (less coz of Badger) is easily trumped by the leadership he will gain as a result of going. he'll be the senior man in the squad and will have to be one of the leaders on the pitch for sure. he'll grow up a lot in that tournament, regardless of how well Spain as a whole do.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
You can joke all you want. You don't watch the 90 mins of all Newcastle United's games.

You seem typical of many people, you will only take real notice of how good a player he is when he joins one of the top 4 clubs, and think because he plays for a newly promoted club like Newcastle 'how good can he be, stop taking the meds etc'.

Tiote is one of the best defensive mdifielder in the Premier Leauge by miles. Better than De Jong and all other pretenders. Not only does Tiote intercept amlost everything, he plays exactly like XAVI after he has won the ball. He hardly ever ever loses it(yes there is the odd game where that happens to everyone) but he never seems to lose the ball, dictates the play, his passing, control and technique is that of a Barca player, he's not affraid to keep the ball and take his time and pick out the correct pass, opting not to pass when it is too risky, and he turns and pivots and leaves players chasing him just like Xavi does!

Obviously in a team like Newcastle United Tiote will not make anywhere near the number of passes Xavi makes in a game. But just for an example in his Debut game for Newcastle, he attempted 43 passes and had a 100% Pass Completion rate.

I suppose you will only realize how good he is when you see him playing for one of the big 4 clubs more regularly on the TV.

:lol: yea ok tiote is the best DM in the PL :lol: and god dam if he plays exactly like xavi wtf is he doing on newcastle....like he plays like xavi ffs meaning is is a top midfielder in the world :lol:

Kaka was on Brazil's 02 squad?

Well I'll be damned.

yup i remember seeing him on the bench when ronaldo scored...he was where he belonged on that team....a sub

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I think everyone is just bashing Tiote because its HBA supporting him, but lets be honest, none of us watch Newcastle and none of us really have any idea how good Tiote really is or how he plays. I bet you 90% person of people who are talking about him right now haven't seen any of Tiote outside of his wonder strike vs Arsenal and a few minutes in the WC, when he wasting all Ivory Coast's corners.

I'm not agreeing that's he's Xavi-esque, maybe HBA is exaggerating a bit there, but lets not just ridicule someone when we have no idea if some of what he is saying might be true...

iookram

I agree mate. Newcastle are the team that I support in the EPL(from the Alan Shearer days). I've watched almost every Newcastle match, except maybe 2 or 3, and Tiote is just a beast. But you're getting a little over the top in your rating of him.

E

estranged

Yea I'm 1000% behind this, lets sell that ass wipe Busquets to Arsenal and buy Tiote.
(sarcastic)

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yea I'm 1000% behind this, lets sell that ass wipe Busquets to Arsenal and buy Tiote.
(sarcastic)

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort even though you are being sarcastic.

I merely disagreed that Busquets would become the best DM in the world. I believe that role is reserved for Tiote. Simples.

Home of Barca Fans