Sergio Busquets

Andrew M

Sorry but that is stupid. Like I said for me it has a completly different meaning, so that already contradicts your statement that it only has one. And I can assure that I, decending from a proud line of leftwingers and allgedly gypsies, are certainly no racist in any way

But in Spain it is very racist. It is also clear from the media in the reaction it has gotten.

Andrew M

if he called Marcelo a monkey, he did it to wind Marcelo up and provoke a reaction - because monkey is a recognised racial slur in that part of the world.

if proven guilty, he deserves whatever UEFA throw at him (though a five match would again have one wondering how Mourinho only got 3 considering he basically said UEFA were corrupt). we just have to suck it up and move on.

Appeals always happen though and they always work, but unless there is new evidence I don't see how anything more can be done. Unless Busquets owns up. As it stands, from what we have all seen, nothing can be proven.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
Appeals always happen though and they always work, but unless there is new evidence I don't see how anything more can be done. Unless Busquets owns up. As it stands, from what we have all seen, nothing can be proven.

Yeah, I don't know what he said, and neither does anyone else accept him and Marcelo. I don't see how UEFA could justify a punishment when its one mans word against another. Monkey can be used as a racial slur yes, and it can mean other things as well. I really am over the whole thing and hopefully everyone else will be soon.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
frankly, looking at the video that Madrid submitted as evidence (click here) you really have to laugh, it's so horribly manipulative and subjective.

if I was judging purely on the basis of that video as evidence I'd tell Madrid to go do one. it's quite obviously trying to manipulate you into arriving at a specific decision, rather than just presenting the footage for analysis. I've not seen the unedited version of the "mono" footage anywhere, for example.

I mean, if they just presented the footage unedited, I'd be 99% sure they'd get Busquets suspended.

Andrew M

That may well be the case, just wanted to point out that it is never a good idea to speak in absolute

It is definitely the case. When we played Espanyol earlier in the season, whenever Dani had the ball monkey sounds resounded throughout the stadium. In the UK this would be a big issue too.

I was talking with the understanding that we all knew the context of the racial slur in Spain. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Xavi_78

frankly, looking at the video that Madrid submitted as evidence (click here) you really have to laugh, it's so horribly manipulative and subjective.

if I was judging purely on the basis of that video as evidence I'd tell Madrid to go do one. it's quite obviously trying to manipulate you into arriving at a specific decision, rather than just presenting the footage for analysis. I've not seen the unedited version of the "mono" footage anywhere, for example.

I mean, if they just presented the footage unedited, I'd be 99% sure they'd get Busquets suspended.

I doubt they would judge somebody on video footage. Has anybody insight in that? Is lipreading accepted in court as a 100% proof? I can hadly believe that

maxan10

SirTugAlot
what else could have biscuits have said to him, please do bring forward alternative interpretations, but i guess any possible ban may be thwarted until post final i'm sure of that regardless of the fact the ban will be immediate of effect.

Andrew M

99% sure? Looks pretty inconclusive to me.

Andrew M

what else could have biscuits have said to him, please do bring forward alternative interpretations, but i guess any possible ban may be thwarted until post final i'm sure of that regardless of the fact the ban will be immediate of effect.

I think Uefa will say on Monday

Xavi_78

sorry, but that is not the way how it goes. Sergio does not have to proof anything or bring alternative interpretations. As far as I am concerned I sink it is still innocent until proven guilty, that means they have to prove, without any the slightest doubt, that things happened like they say they happened.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
sorry, but that is not the way how it goes. Sergio does not have to proof anything or bring alternative interpretations. As far as I am concerned I sink it is still innocent until proven guilty, that means they have to prove, without any the slightest doubt, that things happened like they say they happened.

if you could offer any plausible alt of an insult than i will understand, i highly doubt biscuits was praising him, its surely an insult, and despite the inconclusiveness of the videos, everything points to it being a racist slur. On top of that, i don't think a foreigner would make up a racist slur considering the settings. The accused could come out and discredit Marcelo's and RM's claims just as Totti did for example following the Balotelli incident. I may have not followed the story much, but has he come out in his own defence apart from Pep's defence?

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
if you could offer any plausible alt of an insult than i will understand, i highly doubt biscuits was praising him, its surely an insult, and despite the inconclusiveness of the videos, everything points to it being a racist slur. On top of that, i don't think a foreigner would make up a racist slur considering the settings. The accused could come out and discredit Marcelo's and RM's claims just as Totti did for example following the Balotelli incident. I may have not followed the story much, but has he come out in his own defence apart from Pep's defence?

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but the phrase "I don't think" already kills what your saying, because you can only assume. I, like you from seeing what they have presented am inclined to believe that yes he did say it. Shall they tolerate racism? Ofcourse not. Yet, if Sergio don't admitt to it, it would seem they wouln't be able to punish him. Ofcourse they could always still punish him anyways, they are the boss. lol

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
- HBA with 2 infractions.
For saying to yusuf he's a fool and for making seedy post wishing Adebayor snaps Busquets.
-Valon banned after he ignored an infraction where he called HBA a moron and went on to insult him again and after I deleted HBAs posts.
I don't know what's the matter with some of you.

Home of Barca Fans