Sergio Busquets

Merv

Found this on Sport before heading to bed.....

Busquets's injury was only a scare
The player will undergo further testing today to monitor developments and to discard any complications

Sounds positive so I will take it that way. Hope the tests confirm everything is alright.

barca96

You know, rewatching the match (In HD ;) ), it kinda looks like the Biscuit may have been crying as he came off...I wonder if it's a serious injury

even without hd i could see the tears in his eyes.lol.
reminded me of messi and rijkaard a few years back. in 2005 i think.
such a father figure that rijkaard

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Merv: You're right there.

S. Busquets:

(El motiu del canvi): “Ha estat només un cop”.

When asked about the reason for the sub, he basically said it was nothing more than a knock. Hopefully he's right.

Merv

Glad to hear it Plip. Very glad :)

He had a good game and didn't deserve to come off injured. Just another positive from yesterday to continue that 'everything is so wonderful' feeling.

With Xavi out he'll be very important in the upcoming games. Not that he isn't important with Xavi on the field....but just more so. Y'all know what I mean.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
“It was just a scare. I hope all the tests went well but I believe there will not be any problem. Because of a miss-step, I got a bit of a muscle cramp. I don’t think it is anything significant, and hopefully I can be play on Sunday in Zaragoza.”

Sergi B says...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
More news about sergi

Sergio Busquets, who was taken off after 66 minutes last night with a minor leg injury, worked out in isolation, and didn’t seem to be suffering any after effects. So, it looks like there is no reason for concern, and on Friday he should be able to train as normal fcbarcelona.com

jairzinho

More news about sergi

Sergio Busquets, who was taken off after 66 minutes last night with a minor leg injury, worked out in isolation, and didn’t seem to be suffering any after effects. So, it looks like there is no reason for concern, and on Friday he should be able to train as normal fcbarcelona.com

This is the best news i've heard all day. :D The last thing we want at this stage is an injury crisis.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
If Biscuits is all well, I'd gladly see him and Yaya take over the midfield again in the absense of Xavi.

barca96

If Biscuits is all well, I'd gladly see him and Yaya take over the midfield again in the absense of Xavi.

but what will happen to yaya when xavi returns?
man...that beast needs to play!

maybe busi didn't cry after all since it's not a serious injury.
just sweat.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Barca96: What happens when Xavi returns will be basically seen then.

The thing is, that if Yaya will be able to play other positions in the midfield as good as he did against Stuttgart, I do not see a problem in rotating the midfield a bit, which would give Xavi the necessary rest when needed and Yaya some valuable time. Same would apply for Yaya and Biscuits.

Home of Barca Fans