Sergio Busquets

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Good. I want to see Song being a starter next season (yeah i know that some of you will be "choked" but I really want to see what he has to offer during a hole season, against the best teams).

i8BdYdKQ5y3TE.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I expected those reactions.

The reason why I don't really like Busquets is that when he's "pressing" up front, he lets the hole midfield empty and when we played against teams like PSG or Bayern, they were just doing one or two pass to eliminate his pressing and then they had the midfield to start their counter attack, with the slow Busquets trying to recover...
I think that a lot of goals we conceded last season were because of him.

Secondly, I found him TOO skinny comparing to Song. When we play against physical teams (Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid) he can't stand and when this is to strong for him he dives.

Anyway, this is my opinion and you can disagree but Song deserves to play more next season and should be a starter if Busquets isn't efficient .

I still maintain Yaya was and is a better player than Busquets. Don't know if Song can make it as DM but Busi could use a little kick up his backside.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Busquets is a brilliant player and perfect for us. He picks and chooses when to pressure and nine time out of ten it pays off. If he stayed back and became a pure anchorman we would not win the ball quickly and concede more goals.

Song is also a good player but for the big matches you need to play Sergio. Also the fact he's skinny makes no difference. He is an interceptor not a tackler. He can always dive if he's getting bullied and he's intelligent at doing this.

Antimadridista1

I still maintain Yaya was and is a better player than Busquets. Don't know if Song can make it as DM but Busi could use a little kick up his backside.

Totally agree. He's better than Busi.

Hamzah, it doesn't pay nine time out of ten... If it was true, our team wouldn't have concede as much goals as they did last season.

And of course the fact that Busquets is skinny is a big problem : particularly against Bayern, they were playing balls in the air in our midfield and when you had strong players like Javi Martinez, Mandzukic or Schweini , he couldn't stand and get back the ball because of the fact that he's not physical enough and that, like Pique, he's not good playing with his head.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Song may be physical but his positioning is not as intelligent as Busquets, and he lacks the intelligence to know exactly when to press and when to stay back like Sergio. Also, Song is the midfielder that has the least technical ability and knowledge of our play. There's countless times where he makes the wrong pass and our players are frustrated with him. Sergio is a master of one and two touch passing and knows exactly what pass to make and when, he makes it look so easy when it's really not. He's perfect for our play.

Don't get me wrong Song is a great player and I'd like him to stay, but for any important game Sergio has to play. He's one of the first names on the team sheet, especially now with our pressing back.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
More about that Toure is a complete player, he has performed his best being used as box to box at City. Busquets doesn't really have attacking abilities. Pep looked for someone to just stay back and cover and not get forward.

This.

I think no one, and I repeat no one could replace Busquets in the current system we are playing. Yes, he has hes flaws and these flaws weren't as visible as they are now because of our defense. I think if we sign a good defender and if our overall defence starts to performing well Busquets' error/flaws won't be that big of a deal.

Shegzy

Actually, I expected those reactions.

The reason why I don't really like Busquets is that when he's "pressing" up front, he lets the hole midfield empty and when we played against teams like PSG or Bayern, they were just doing one or two pass to eliminate his pressing and then they had the midfield to start their counter attack, with the slow Busquets trying to recover...
I think that a lot of goals we conceded last season were because of him.

Secondly, I found him TOO skinny comparing to Song. When we play against physical teams (Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid) he can't stand and when this is to strong for him he dives.

Anyway, this is my opinion and you can disagree but Song deserves to play more next season and should be a starter if Busquets isn't efficient .

the problem is xavi not pressing or covering for busquet when he presses.song is not a dm,he is a cm with little or no defensive quality used as a dm by arsene wenger.signing song was one of the worst transfers we have done,should have just kept romeu and sign verthogen and our team would be stronger than it is now. The general problem we have is problem of transistion and change;we need to transists from xavi and puyol and the need for change in our tactics.Team have analysed our team;they know the job of each players,their strength,flaws and the flaws of our tactics and as a result they limit our strength and capitalize on our flaws.To be great again we need to be unpredictable.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Play the double pivot... And make my prediction come true! Busi is the fking successor of Xavi :worthy:

Last edited:

Galning

Busquets is the perfect link between defence and attack, some of the passes he plays look simple but are just brilliant. He always finds the man between the lines. He recovers a lot of balls as well. Never ever in my life would I pick Song ahead of him when it mattered.

Home of Barca Fans