Sergio Busquets

BerkeleyBernie

Could've cost the team a goal or two. Not his best game thankfully it was against a very poor team.

He was excellent *except* for when he chose to be clever. I think it's exactly because it was against a poor team (or, one he underestimated- he was overly confident). Still not a good reason for it, but I don't think we'll see him be as careless in big matches like the Atletico one.

L

linetty

He was good v Atleti though. It seems like he losts focus against lesser teams;

G

Gasgas

I still prefer masche at Dm rather than Him but i hope he does well if he gets to play

dakt

Missed the game but from the highlights I saw it looked like a dive. What did you guys think?

I would say, technically it was a foul, but I wouldn't called it. But even if it wasn't penalty, ATM deserved it based on how ugly football they play.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Agreed, stonewall penalty. I don't understand the notion that just because a player could stay up means that it's not a foul. It's against the rules, ergo it's foul, ergo end of discussion. The player's reaction should have no impact on the decision. They can go flying five feet and roll around on the ground, they can fall down screaming in agony, they can simply fall down, like Busquets did, they can even stay up like Messi does. Doesn't matter; a foul is a foul. Take Messi's yellow for dangerous play against Atletico the other week. It didn't matter if Moya fell down clutching his face (as he did) or if he didn't react at all, the rules were broken, so the card was given. No question about that penalty.

Also "ergo" aren't I so fancy :lol:

Home of Barca Fans