Sergio Busquets

Kul_z

Damn, nightmare season incoming. Who knows if iniesta could had 2 more seasons if this slowpoke wasnt behind his back. Now with fdj more or less guaranteed to depart, and sure as hell xavi wont play gavi, pedri, kessie we are in for another big match masterclass with this dinosaur. Cant wait to see what tier 1 club we'd get in cl group stage. I hope its city or bayern again, so that maybe, just maybe xavi gets his shit straight in time

iniestaGOAT

It's not self entitlement,it's STANDARDS. Barca standards are challenging for CL and La Liga every season. Also 8f we lose in Europe we should lose with dignity. FFS we lost in the El to fucking Frankfurt. We have the same flaws,we do the same thing expecting a different result. One common factor in our European humiliations is Busquets looking like a fish out of water, floundering and gasping for water. Yet the club keeps him because he was great when Xaviesta were there.

Quit your whining

You have been polluting every thread with your trash takes

Kul_z

Ppl dream of iniesta lol

He doesn't have the legs to play for 90 mins and he was on crazy wages.

I said we could have him for 2 seasons more, not now. Busi bled him dry, same thing he did to rakitic, and same thing is doing right now to fdj. Fucking snail

Temptation

Describe his decline. What are the qualities from his prime that he has retained and what has he mainly lost out on?

I gotta admit, even in his peak I never rated him as highly as people did. I think he's great at retaining the ball and knowning where exactly his opponents are when he has the ball but his destructive abilities and lack of physicality always put me off because he's a DM.

Kul_z

Describe his decline. What are the qualities from his prime that he has retained and what has he mainly lost out on?

I gotta admit, even in his peak I never rated him as highly as people did. I think he's great at retaining the ball and knowning where exactly his opponents are when he has the ball but his destructive abilities and lack of physicality always put me off because he's a DM.

Because he's not playing in functioning posession based system. We was good when team had legs, mobility, total ballers all around him, and then he thrived where he always formed triangles with xavi, iniesta and messi, they always had 'escape' pass where busi was excellent in positioning and gave them time to move between the lines. Key point was that those three were football gods with ball in their feet, sense for space was abominal so it was easy for busi to be best in - playing simple. He had this body feint pass where those three mentioned above knew exactly where the ball would go. But when teams started to press heavily, problems emerged because of his ball hogging, even in the prime barca he was disposessed frequently, and you're guessing, in high stake games against top opponents. He didnt changed that much, but now team around him is not suitable anymore and never would be. He needs god tier barca dna players to thrive, and that wont happen anytime soon. But considering that he might play until 2050 in starting line up, who knows.

Iniesta Ultra

Like I've said several times in the past, back when LE and Pep was the coach, Barca had a top class backline and Xavi and Iniesta in their prime. Not to mention hardworking, pressing wingers while Messi was able to be lazy as false 9 at the time.

I'm tired of Messi being called lazy defender in his career or similar for Busi, if their teammates were worthy of starting with them then the team's much more effective and efficient with specialized roles. So instead of saying Messi should've defended more or Busi isn't Casemiro we should be complaining about all the inadequate filler positions surrounding them in recent years. But now that we're not only ok with mediocrity but excited about them like Gavi or FDJ who haven't shown anything world class in recent months it's all Busi's fault. Filling the team with all the hardest working but average in talent players will never make us great again.

Zidane82

Because he's not playing in functioning posession based system. We was good when team had legs, mobility, total ballers all around him, and then he thrived where he always formed triangles with xavi, iniesta and messi, they always had 'escape' pass where busi was excellent in positioning and gave them time to move between the lines. Key point was that those three were football gods with ball in their feet, sense for space was abominal so it was easy for busi to be best in - playing simple. He had this body feint pass where those three mentioned above knew exactly where the ball would go. But when teams started to press heavily, problems emerged because of his ball hogging, even in the prime barca he was disposessed frequently, and you're guessing, in high stake games against top opponents. He didnt changed that much, but now team around him is not suitable anymore and never would be. He needs god tier barca dna players to thrive, and that wont happen anytime soon. But considering that he might play until 2050 in starting line up, who knows.
Excellent points made ..

Home of Barca Fans