Sergio Busquets

FC B

When will he start the freaking season ?! Somebody should tell him vacantion has passed quite a long time ago!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
WTF happened to Busi? From best DM in the world to Sunday league player now. Been missing for the entire season and the tail end of the last

Umtitol

not sure if hes the problem. he didnt play vs granada and the gameplay was also bad. he might be suffering from bad system.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
not sure if hes the problem. he didnt play vs granada and the gameplay was also bad. he might be suffering from bad system.

I think you might be onto something here. I have been thinking about Busquet's "poor form" that has lasted for quite a long time til now. Not that he is not personally without faults and flaws, of course he is. But increasingly I am starting to believe that he is the same player more or less all these years and he didn't all of sudden become a worse player or started having a poor form that lasted for almost more than a season, his flaws were largely hidden when he was with a peak Xavi and Iniesta cruise-controlling our midfield and now they are much more exposed because of the lack of total control in our midfield and the static play we have.

Just some of my immature thoughts: In the past we were far less likely to lose possession with those drooling dead-accurate short passes and fluid positional play, even when we did almost with certainty we would get it back with tireless and intense pressing and again better cover, even defensively from Xavi-Iniesta and our wingbacks because of our fluid play. Nowadays with a midfield that is no longer that dominant, with much less accurate passes/pass completion rates (my anecdotal feeling, without backing up with data), we lose the ball a lot more than before and because of our play which is very static today, when we lose the ball and especially when Busquets loses the ball in his deep lying position and our high line, his flaws such as being slow when chasing or a bit clumsy when being pressed are magnified.

gasgas

If they can get all the praise why not the blame as well

His shocking errors, bad passes, lost possession are not consequence of system

Something SERIOUSLY has to be done about Busi.
He has been terrible season long.
It all started during the pre-season and has only deteriorated even further.
If he continues like this the El-classico is going to be one horror show.

Raketa10

I would say his form is one of the main reasons our midfield is so bad. He is for me without a doubt our worst player this year and the longer the period persist it's more worrisome.

Apart from his terrible form I also think that change of tactics and lack of understanding between new players (Gomez, Arda, Denis) and him is also one of the reasons he is so bad.

Umtitol

If they can get all the praise why not the blame as well

His shocking errors, bad passes, lost possession are not consequence of system

it can be both things. he is isolated a lot, has to cover too much ground. midfield is playing vertical now, and busquets is alone doing cover. his form being bad amplifies the problems, but i think the system is also bad.

snowy

.. when we lose the ball and especially when Busquets loses the ball in his deep lying position and our high line, his flaws such as being slow when chasing or a bit clumsy when being pressed are magnified..
He might benefit from the support of a stopper/Central Defensive Mid in addition to the 4 defenders. This would provide an effective wall + more options for shorter passes + freedom for him to go move forward with confidence + whenever he loses the ball, there's a safety right behind to help recovering it.
Needs to get more into an attacking mood as the majority of his passes last game were backwards. Out of the team's 577 passes, 380 were from Ter, Sergi, Masch, Umtiti, Digne & Busi. Sure we dominated possession but it was mainly in our neck of the woods.
Man. City : Possession 34.7% - Total Shots 13 (4 on target)
Barcelona : " 65.3% - " 8 (2 on target)
Despite our higher possession and better passing %, their game was full on attack. Even in the 1st half, it wasn't complete domination. They were blitzing us between min.7 and 20 (or about). Aguerro and Sterling kept beating us in the sprints and defense was forced to foul them.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think you might be onto something here. I have been thinking about Busquet's "poor form" that has lasted for quite a long time til now. Not that he is not personally without faults and flaws, of course he is. But increasingly I am starting to believe that he is the same player more or less all these years and he didn't all of sudden become a worse player or started having a poor form that lasted for almost more than a season, his flaws were largely hidden when he was with a peak Xavi and Iniesta cruise-controlling our midfield and now they are much more exposed because of the lack of total control in our midfield and the static play we have.

Just some of my immature thoughts: In the past we were far less likely to lose possession with those drooling dead-accurate short passes and fluid positional play, even when we did almost with certainty we would get it back with tireless and intense pressing and again better cover, even defensively from Xavi-Iniesta and our wingbacks because of our fluid play. Nowadays with a midfield that is no longer that dominant, with much less accurate passes/pass completion rates (my anecdotal feeling, without backing up with data), we lose the ball a lot more than before and because of our play which is very static today, when we lose the ball and especially when Busquets loses the ball in his deep lying position and our high line, his flaws such as being slow when chasing or a bit clumsy when being pressed are magnified.

I think it was totally the opposite
Busquets has been also poor between second half of Tito's year and Tata's season. for a full year and half that was the last year and half of Xaviesta
After Lucho joined he regained his form and he was by far our most consistent midfielder until late in last season.
Our system under Lucho depends on him more than any other player. even when we miss one of MSN our system still operate the same even if less strong but w/o Busquets in form our midfield isn't half good

Home of Barca Fans