Seydou Keita

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
What a stupid stupid comment he just has come back from injury and has been such an important player for us... every time needs an athelet in the team and that is what he does.... very dissapointed with the comment
+1. Seydou is a king when on form. And has a ridiculous knack for getting crucial goals in difficult, tense games. Remember last season.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Keita is a nice option to have but he should have been subbed off early in the second half when we weren't looking as good in the midfield. The problem with Keita is he fades in and out of games more than the rest of our midfielders combined, which I guess is to be expected when you do a little bit of everything without excelling in any area except scoring goals out of nowhere.

O

oyetunde

What a stupid stupid comment he just has come back from injury and has been such an important player for us... every time needs an athelet in the team and that is what he does.... very dissapointed with the comment

yep
like we did when we beat madrid 6-2, or united 2-0 or bayern 4-0 etc
who was absent in all those games
while yaya played them all, and i am sure he would have stood up and be counted when things started going wrong vs arsenal
and for someone who ought be breaking the opposition play why did he make the least tackles of all our midfielders

we had the best midfield i have ever seen in
------------yaya-----------
---xavi------------iniesta---
no way anybody can justify than gettin broken up to allow keita play, except in casses of injury and even in that situation sergio b. should be ahead of him

he clearly does not offer barca quality attacking, cant remember seein him intercept opposition passes, didnt help the defence out on wolcott and bentner and somehow gets out-tackled by the other midfielders so what the hell does he offer other than a watered down version of carrick headless chicken running

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Keita is a nice option to have but he should have been subbed off early in the second half when we weren't looking as good in the midfield. The problem with Keita is he fades in and out of games more than the rest of our midfielders combined, which I guess is to be expected when you do a little bit of everything without excelling in any area except scoring goals out of nowhere.

Totally agree Nolan. He does a bit of everything but with lots of stamina. In the box he's pretty good and times his runs nicely. But our play is always less fluent with him there as he's often slow on the ball.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Now that's a different issue entirely. I agree our best mf combination is Xaviesta with Yaya but when rotating or if injuries, a player like Keita is invaluable for mixing things up, and also the superathletes like him and Alves come in extremely useful near the tail end of the season when fatigue can start to creep in.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I don't argue that, he's an excellent squad player to have and we don't have another real box-to-box cm like him. He's just not as good as the other midfield starters.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
He's not, which is why he isn't a starter. But if we were to get Cesc in a season or 2 and HOLD THE FUCK ON TO YAYA, we'd have probably the most complete mf in the world to pick a team from. Cesc brings a slight physical edge that would be useful. Plus Keita works hard and never complains about playing time or stuff like that, so i'm happy with him :)

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Wasn't impressed with Keita tbh, he gave the ball away a lot and constantly broke down moves. Nice header for Leo's 3rd but I thought he was once of our weakest players tonight.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Really hard to complain when I look at his work rate and his contribution to our pressing game. I think Keita was solid.

barca96

i don't know guys..
but i think now i prefer yaya to have the box-to-box position...
keita hasn't looked that good ever since he came back from injury..

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
i don't know guys..
but i think now i prefer yaya to have the box-to-box position...
keita hasn't looked that good ever since he came back from injury..

What? Seriously? Have you actually been watching Barcelona play this season?
I love Yaya as a player, I really do. When Pep started Busquest before Yaya this season in more and more matches I was complaining how unfair this was to Yaya who had a great last season and so on. But than when Yaya gets a chance this season he usually blows it - he has had 5-6 good games this season, the rest has been very average at times even terrible. Like yesterday, Yaya came on as a sub and missplaced 4 times as many passes as Keita did and he didn't work as hard as Keita did.

Home of Barca Fans