Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

Ritchie

Lucho overestimated our midfield. Rafi and Sergi just failed to control such demanding game. We also underestimated Bilbao's tactical and physical ability. This should be e good lesson for us and we must win the return game if not with 4 goals - at least with dominant performance.

He didn't he just knew the players from the other day were exhausted but he didn't have Xavi or Turan to come in.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wow, I was at work. What the actual fuck happened? :lol: A treble winning team does this 2nd official match back?

El Gato

Villarato!
I tried to bypass all the technicalities, but apparently a squad choice by the manager somehow excuses a treble winning team i.e. Barcelona from a result 2nd fiddle team achieved...

Oh well. Maybe at least there will be more to this season than there was last spring. 5 months of OP form from Barca's offense + select few defensive players shouldn't happen again. But then again it might. Who knows.

Vermaelen is alive?

Professor Chaos

Lucho's starting line-up was a joke. Score doesn't surprise. Just let go 2nd leg on Camp Nou and focus on 1st round of La Liga vs Bilbao.

Nicky86

Terrible was last night. I think one of the weakest part was middelfild Sergio Roberto, Rafinia including Mascherano, complete black out . Ethier and ref had his doubt decision at the penalty but in overall Barca made to many mistakes and this is it.

Kuchi

There is a big enough gap between the second leg and the first league game so we should pick the best eleven and go for it.

Yea, but bearly 2 days since this one. I'd field the a team but if we dont score 2-3 by half time, i'd even sub messi off, going all in is just not worth it imo

amircule

I'd rather let it go . Winning the spanish supercup is not worth it at all , considering the fact that the supercup winner never won the league in the last years ..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We could go for it seeing that our good players didn't play mostly. We might not achieve it but let's try to win the home game anyway.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I think it'll be a good idea to field our strongest XI in the return leg as we all know that Bilbao can't sit back and defend, its just not their style plus they should be dead tired while most of our XI should be fresh after the rest. Try to hit them in the first half, if it works then push them more in the 2nd else rest the team and play youngsters in the 2nd half.

Alik

Mascherano, Alves, Messi, and Suarez will be exhausted. Rafinha too.

I'd start:

[formation=barca,1]
ter Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Mathieu-0-0
Sergi Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Adriano
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Messi-0-Sandro-0-Pedro-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited: