Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Loki

Panda China
Screenshot-2024-08-04-190028.png

Maradona37

Yeah, 2 finals already done. 1500m men, women 50m both freestyle. Finke swam world record.
For fuck sake. I didn't think it would start til half 7 like most other nights. I am a tool lol. I missed a world record too, gutted.

Still got the two medley relays. I assume that it started earlier tonight as there is no morning session today.

Maradona37

I actually think with Nadal being finished, clay might end up being the GS that Djokovic can win for another 1-2 years.

He's lost a lot of movement (compared to his prime) due to age but clay is slow enough that players like Alcaraz and Sinner can't hit through him like on grass or maybe even hard.
This must be the first clay court Olympics in many years, is that right?

Maradona37

Yeah, he started third if I'm not wrong and finished first. He also holds the world record in 100m freestyle.
Yeah I was referring to that performance the other night in mentioning it as well. Like you say I hope he's clean.

Apparently he had a go at Jack Alexy and Kyle Chalmers in the Chinese media for apparently 'disrespecting' him and China and Chalmers is now public enemy number 1 in China (Chalmers was baffled by his criticism haha).

Loki

I mean if US can produce Phelps, why can't China produce Pan. Both were/are possibly on some drugs, but it is what it is. Still an insane race.

Maradona37

I mean if US can produce Phelps, why can't China produce Pan. Both were/are possibly on some drugs, but it is what it is.
It takes the shine off it to think lots of them are doping. Some of this stuff is superhuman though and seems too good to be true. Also loads of these swimmers and athletes have sensational bodies that seem like you'd need steroids to achieve. Manadaou is a really big guy, is that achievable naturally? Ronaldo is smaller than him and he's about as big as you can get without steroids.

As I say, put on the volleyball earlier and it seems a really class sport. This could be a good time to get into new sports like volleyball, handball, tennis, swimming and track and field.

Home of Barca Fans