Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

khaled_a_d

Of curse it happened, where did I say it didn't happen? :lol:

As said, the Lin Yu‑ting boxer did not appeal the decision, accepting it as valid. So even one of the 2 boxers flat out admited they failed the blood gender test.
Your own quote says tgey didn't specify the test? Wtf are you on to? :ROFLMAO:

They just said she didn't meet a criteria, without saying what it is.

And No, not going for CAs means nothing, as I explained earlier.

Horatio

You're welcome
True, but how do you get 'conditioned' or used to it anyway?

I guess you start with small-scale heights and stuff, and then progress as you get more confident. Exposure therapy. On a smaller scale it's similar to how guys and girls learn to try the pole vault, which also looks a scary activity where a lot could go wrong there.

Yes exactly as you said it.

I am thinking, if there never was any fear how is dangling from buildings any different from dangling from jungle jims. Then why bother going all the way up to do it?

maybe my thinking is off cause people get excited to play videogames even though there is no life threatening risk. Or they fear losing?

serghei

Your own quote says tgey didn't specify the test? Wtf are you on to? :ROFLMAO:

They just said she didn't meet a criteria, without saying what it is.

And No, not going for CAs means nothing, as I explained earlier.

The fact that they can't make details public doesn't mean the test didn't happen. I explained. It's confidentiality. Of course the test happened.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Paying to go to CAS and then hiring legal representation probably costs her more than her net worth lol.

Who was going to pay for it?

Maradona37

Yes exactly as you said it.

I am thinking, if there never was any fear how is dangling from buildings any different from dangling from jungle jims. Then why bother going all the way up to do it?

maybe my thinking is off cause people get excited to play videogames even though there is no life threatening risk. Or they fear losing?
I think video games are more of an 'entertainment' excitement than a 'thrill' excitement. It's not the same sort of adrenaline rush.

Exposure therapy is it, but still, when you think about it, it's some leap (no pun intended) from going from a few feet high, to 10 feet, to a few stories of a building, and then all the way up to a skyscraper lol. Surely nothing and no exposure prepares you for your first time walking a tightrope at a significantly higher level? Eventually you have to really increase the increment in one go.

I guess you are also right there must be at least a small element of fear to get the buzz and kick from doing it.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think video games are more of an 'entertainment' excitement than a 'thrill' excitement. It's not the same sort of adrenaline rush.

Exposure therapy is it, but still, when you think about it, it's some leap (no pun intended) from going from a few feet high, to 10 feet, to a few stories of a building, and then all the way up to a skyscraper lol. Surely nothing and no exposure prepares you for your first time walking a tightrope at a significantly higher level? Eventually you have to really increase the increment in one go.

I guess you are also right there must be at least a small element of fear to get the buzz and kick from doing it.

You can practice tightrope walking with safety features no?

Maradona37

You can practice tightrope walking with safety features no?
Yeah fair point and overlooked. I guess they can practice with harnesses until they feel confident enough at that height, and then repeat. Not sure if that is their process but would make sense.

I still don't know how any amount of practice prepares you for climbing cliffs, jumping out of planes, or walking a tightrope between the World Trade Center buildings though.

serghei

Paying to go to CAS and then hiring legal representation probably costs her more than her net worth lol.

Who was going to pay for it?

I understand legal fees are tough to pay, but that's the legal system. You pay reperesentation fees, and get them back after you win. Plus extra usually.

More likely reason for me is she didn't appeal because she knew the test results were correct and she does have male chromosomes.

DonAK

Some people do crazy things for the thrill, to get that high. Some chase it their entire life.

Was a teacher here in Norway, also a mathematics major, who used to do crazy stunts and things and basically chased that high his entire life.

That thrill eventually led to him trying to smuggle cocaine in Colombia recently and then he got caught a couple of weeks ago lol.

Maradona37

Some people do crazy things for the thrill, to get that high. Some chase it their entire life.

Was a teacher here in Norway, also a mathematics major, who used to do crazy stunts and things and basically chased that high his entire life.

That thrill eventually led to him trying to smuggle cocaine in Colombia recently and then he got caught a couple of weeks ago lol.
The fine line between pleasure and pain. Same thought process as BDSM and all that stuff.

Thrillseekers.

DonAK

I understand legal fees are tough to pay, but that's the legal system. You pay reperesentation fees, and get them back after you win. Plus extra usually.

Just to register a case at the CAS you have to put forward 1000 CHF in advance, and then more on top of that if you want some decent legal representation.

An athlete from a country like Algeria, especially in boxing with a meh record ain't getting paid shit nor getting support from the country for the legal fees.

I don't know why the appeal was withdrawn, but money being an issue is plausible. Especially when it's against the IBA which are facing increasingly opposition from every corner for their own antics.

serghei

Just to register a case at the CAS you have to put forward 1000 CHF in advance, and then more on top of that if you want some decent legal representation.

An athlete from a country like Algeria, especially in boxing with a meh record ain't getting paid shit nor getting support from the country for the legal fees.

It's a possible explanation. For me, not the most plausible one. The chinese athlete did not even attempt to appeal the decision by IBA. Your explanation in this case?

DonAK

It's a possible explanation. For me, not the most plausible one. The chinese athlete did not even attempt to appeal the decision by IBA. Your explanation in this case?

Taiwan's federation are likely filing a lawsuit against the IBA.

You keep talking about confidentiality and sure while the results might be confidential to protect the athletes, the methodology isn't in such cases.

So why are the IBA refusing to reveal specifics about the methodology and what exactly and how they were tested for?

Home of Barca Fans