The Negreira case

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Like when Negreira implied that if we had him we'd never have been screwed up by var. :lol: That's fucked up.

Meaning that others pay up for influence and since we don't contribute anymore, that is why we get fucked over?

The guy is basically saying that the system is corrupt and we need him to represent us to have a shot at the games being played behind the curtains. How is this good news for anyone part of La Liga if true?

That is actually damming evidence and bad news for us, because it implies if we had kept paying him like we did in the past, things could have been “better” for us, indicating that at least Negreira himself was under the impression that he was helping us when we paid him.

serghei

That is actually damming evidence and bad news for us, because it implies if we had kept paying him like we did in the past, things could have been ?better? for us, indicating that at least Negreira himself was under the impression that he was helping us when we paid him.

It's bad news for the entire Spanish football as it means those that pay get protected from bad decisions. He contacted us after payments stopped, saying that with him we wouldn't have such bad decisions agaist us.

If he contacted us after payments stopped, then it is good evidence that he was the one instigating and deceiving us with theories about corruption in the league. It looks like a complicated affair.

Last edited:

serghei

That is actually damming evidence and bad news for us, because it implies if we had kept paying him like we did in the past, things could have been “better” for us, indicating that at least Negreira himself was under the impression that he was helping us when we paid him.

Based on what he said, he sells the idea that the system is corrupt and you need to pay to not get fucked by the system. In this case, it is more like protection money and the mob, in the sense that you don't pay to get unfair advantage, you pay to not be disadvantaged.

This is from what is available so far.

But to make it clear, I think the guy is full of shit.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's bad news for the entire Spanish football as it means those that pay get protected from bad decisions. He contacted us after payments stopped, saying that with him we wouldn't have such bad decisions agaist us.

If he contacted us after payments stopped, then it is good evidence that he was the one instigating and deceiving us with theories about corruption in the league. It looks like a complicated affair.

Yes, it is certainly bad for the Spanish football, that’s why clubs and La Liga are quickly taking a stand on it. IF we did what they accused us of doing, it is much more of a bad news for us, after all, we are the only ones who paid or got caught for paying.

As to whether it was protection money to seek neutral ground or money for favorite decisions, only the investigation will tell. I am leaning towards the former myself, as bad as our leaders had been, I don’t think they were THAT stupid and bold to actually want to influence refs to get favorite decisions.

serghei

Yes, it is certainly bad for the Spanish football, that’s why clubs and La Liga are quickly taking a stand on it. IF we did what they accused us of doing, it is much more of a bad news for us, after all, we are the only ones who paid or got caught for paying.

As to whether it was protection money to seek neutral ground or money for favorite decisions, only the investigation will tell. I am leaning towards the former myself, as bad as our leaders had been, I don’t think they were THAT stupid and bold to actually want to influence refs to get favorite decisions.

True, it depends on what the investigation shows. Also don't buy that we paid money to get unfair treatment.

One thing I expect is for the prosecutors that formulated those accusations to fucking prove it beyond doubt. Hard evidence, tapes, documents, reliable testimony.

Last edited:

Porque

True, it depends on what the investigation shows. Also don't buy that we paid money to get unfair treatment.

They did a study on the calciopoli selected referees. The data study showed that the clubs involved actually earned less points on average in the matches they selected the referees than those they didn't.

So stranger things have happened.

But seriously, I want to know how much we paid in 2013/2014, or whatever was the year that Atletico won the league thanks to a wrongly called offside goal on the final day.

If there's ever a chance for evidence of paying off refs working it's that one. Or did Atleti pay more that year :lol:?

Givenchy

Unless there is damning evidence to present, this will go on for a few years before disappearing. If Barca is found guilty, the entirety of La Liga will need to be investigated, all clubs and the referee unions; I doubt Barca are the only club with skeletons in their closet.

This is a can of worms for Tebas, if opened, could accelerate the downfall of La Liga even faster.

IF they can prove it and we did in fact buy refs, we deserve relegation and our league titles stripped and it'll be a very sad day for the club, shameful. Barto needs jail time and Laporta can go fuck himself also.

soul24rage

Unless there is damning evidence to present, this will go on for a few years before disappearing. If Barca is found guilty, the entirety of La Liga will need to be investigated, all clubs and the referee unions; I doubt Barca are the only club with skeletons in their closet.

This is a can of worms for Tebas, if opened, could accelerate the downfall of La Liga even faster.

IF they can prove it and we did in fact buy refs, we deserve relegation and our league titles stripped and it'll be a very sad day for the club, shameful. Barto needs jail time and Laporta can go fuck himself also.

Just when things can't get any worse, it actually does :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we actually did try to influence the refs, and if this whole thing started in the 90's, then Nunez, Gaspart, Laporta, together with Rossell and Bartomeu should all go to jail for a very long time for causing the greatest stain on the club in history.

It is really tough to be a Barca fan these days, taking so much psychological and physical toll, to the point of adversely impacting one's health and well-being. Too bad we didn't have a choice.

Gari

Expert lawyer Felipe Izquierdo: "The prosecutor's office has zero evidence of Barcelona 'buying referees.'"The Prosecutor's Office only filed a complaint in the Negreira Case.Without evidence, there is no sanction.Tebas at first said that nothing terrible happened. Then he realized that you can bite Laporta. And he bites

Home of Barca Fans