Thiago Silva

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Some of us just think that there's no way we are getting TSilva. Not for 35 mil, not for 135 mil, nor 3500 million euros. That kind of money is chicken feed to them.

and you think that marquinhos is worth 30m? he is 19 and only had one good season, I wouldn't pay anything above 15m

Arachnid

and you think that marquinhos is worth 30m? he is 19 and only had one good season, I wouldn't pay anything above 15m

No. God no. I've seen tons of young players doing an amazing season only to fail miserably the next six. The only advantage I see on signing Marcos over Thiago Silva is that at least I can imagine Roma selling him, even at a high price, while I don't see Silva being sold at all.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Yup, people talk about Marquinhos' future as the best CB in the world as if it is a given... The kid is 19! No one even bothers to think that he might grow into an okay CB and nothing more. But sure, 30+ mil. for him is a better choice than 40+ for Silva. :lol:
signing marquinhos is a better option than Silva in fifa, i think these guys just play too much fifa

This whole saga makes you realise there is a serious shortage of quality cb's right now.

Yeah. Off the top of my head, the best option I can think of besides TS is Marquinhos. Which shows that there's a shortage of quality experienced CBs. Quite a few quality young ones though. Marquinhos, Zouma, Martinez, etc.

Anyways, 40m for Silva is better than 30m for Marquinhos, but I wouldn't really mind 30m for Marquinhos if we can't get Silva. Again, I can't think of any better options. Getting him for 30m would be better than say, Luiz for 35. Or some guy like Rami for 10. Or Agger for 20.

Last edited:

Meitux

so you want to take a chance hoping he'll turn out to be a world class CB instead of signing an already world class CB? and also in no way will marquinhos be reliable next season if he signs, remember we've never needed a top CB as much as now
No,i am from the ones that want desperatelly Thiago Silva.But from the moment it seems pretty impossible i dont know what to choose,this situation seems very complicated

Duke

No,i am from the ones that want desperatelly Thiago Silva.But from the moment it seems pretty impossible i dont know what to choose,this situation seems very complicated

why impossible? The player wants to play for Barcelona, he didn't want PSG to begin with but Milan dealt with them cuz of money. Now I don't think it's wise for PSG to keep a player who doesn't want to play for them. no point really but to sell him.

Meitux

why impossible? The player wants to play for Barcelona, he didn't want PSG to begin with but Milan dealt with them cuz of money. Now I don't think it's wise for PSG to keep a player who doesn't want to play for them. no point really but to sell him.
He said he would want to play for Barcelona but he said he isnt unhappy in PSG either.Thats why i say this

Shegzy

so you want to take a chance hoping he'll turn out to be a world class CB instead of signing an already world class CB? and also in no way will marquinhos be reliable next season if he signs, remember we've never needed a top CB as much as now
we can use mascherano and who told you he won't be reliable next season,u are just assuming.

Shegzy

No. God no. I've seen tons of young players doing an amazing season only to fail miserably the next six. The only advantage I see on signing Marcos over Thiago Silva is that at least I can imagine Roma selling him, even at a high price, while I don't see Silva being sold at all.

and some of them have continued doing amazing things.and talking about psg not selling well chelsea will sell luiz if u can pay 45 million which will be enough for them to meet mangala's price.and not only young players have done big things and failed some veterans too can suffer a dip in form and have a bad season,the difference is that if buy a young player and he flop u can sell for half the price u bought him but an old one u will be lucky to sell for 1/5 of the price he was signed for.

Arachnid

and some of them have continued doing amazing things.and talking about psg not selling well chelsea will sell luiz if u can pay 45 million which will be enough for them to meet mangala's price.and not only young players have done big things and failed some veterans too can suffer a dip in form and have a bad season,the difference is that if buy a young player and he flop u can sell for half the price u bought him but an old one u will be lucky to sell for 1/5 of the price he was signed for.

I don't think Chelsea will sell any starter at any price. And why shouldn't we be the ones going after Mandala, anyway?

Shegzy

The reason why u think there are no quality cb anymore is because u are only thinkig about those that will complement pique,that can be signed,is chielini,dante,hummels,barzalgi,subotic,kompany not quality.i wouldn't mind if we get marquinhos and zouma/doria for the price of thiago silva.

Home of Barca Fans