Thiago Silva

Shegzy

I don't think Chelsea will sell any starter at any price. And why shouldn't we be the ones going after Mandala, anyway?

because he has a release clause of 42.5m and tito won't want to spend that on him if he can't spend 30m on marqrinhos.

Meitux

We dont think only that,we think from the possibilty of them to come.The ones you mention right now Dante,Chiellini,Barzagli and Kompany are not about to leave.Subotic would be fine for me but the club didnt have any interest in him.And i dont go by that logic for Pique, we need not only the 1 to take Puyol's place but another relialble one to bench the inconsistent Pique

I don't know where but I have read that now when Villa is solld to Atl. Madrid, Barca will have money to pay for Thiago and his salary. I would like to see this guy in Barca but is that realistic? I don't know...
Puyol is injury prone and Pique...... Don't play eaven close as he is 3-4 years ago. Don't know is he spending to much energy for Shakira :friends: :hug: but what I know is fact that he plays much worse than ever. I love him but he needs to play much better!
And Thiago is one of best players and I think if Barca bring him, he will do great job!!!

L

Learo

I fail to see why we should buy an almost 29 year old injury prone CB with his best years behind him for 50m euros plus 25-30m euros in wages. We need to buy someone younger who is better able to adapt to our team and who we can build our defense around for years to come, not someone who will play less than 100 games and be released on a free transfer in 3 years.

Shegzy

I don't know where but I have read that now when Villa is solld to Atl. Madrid, Barca will have money to pay for Thiago and his salary. I would like to see this guy in Barca but is that realistic? I don't know...
Puyol is injury prone and Pique...... Don't play eaven close as he is 3-4 years ago. Don't know is he spending to much energy for Shakira :friends: :hug: but what I know is fact that he plays much worse than ever. I love him but he needs to play much better!
And Thiago is one of best players and I think if Barca bring him, he will do great job!!!

is it the 2.1 million euros they sold the amout they will need to pay for Ts and forgotten neymar will replace david villa on the salary basis so they still do not enough money for his salary by selling villa,but it wasn't not that we couldn't pay his salary before it is more what it will cause in the dressing room i.e buying a 28 yr old defender and tying him to a 5 year deal that will make him earn close to messi,higher than xavi,iniesta and even neymar.it is more than stupid because provided he has 3 good years in him,u will have to pay him a huge salary for sitting on the bench in the remaining 2 years or u might sell him for 4 or 5m euro like villa then

L

Learo

is it the 2.1 million euros they sold the amout they will need to pay for Ts and forgotten neymar will replace david villa on the salary basis so they still do not enough money for his salary by selling villa,but it wasn't not that we couldn't pay his salary before it is more what it will cause in the dressing room i.e buying a 28 yr old defender and tying him to a 5 year deal that will make him earn close to messi,higher than xavi,iniesta and even neymar.it is more than stupid because provided he has 3 good years in him,u will have to pay him a huge salary for sitting on the bench in the remaining 2 years or u might sell him for 4 or 5m euro like villa then

I think it is far more likely we will release Silva on a free transfer when he reaches 32 years old, like we did with Milito, Marquez and Henry.

Stric

Villa's salary next season would be 11 million, and I believe that is the number which we're talking about. But it doesn't make that much of a difference, because we now have Neymar, whose wages also need to be paid. From what I've heard, he'll earn about 7 million a year, which means that at this point, not counting any reduced or increased wages of other players (some are getting higher wages starting next season, but let's leave that out of it for now), Barcelona only have 4 million left until they reach the exact same amount they were spending on wages so far. Now take into consideration that some of the most important players are getting new contracts this season (I believe Iniesta, Busquets and Pique are in question, among others), and that those new contracts will surely include increased wages, and you can forget about any savings on Villa's transfer.

JamDav1982

Villa's salary next season would be 11 million, and I believe that is the number which we're talking about. But it doesn't make that much of a difference, because we now have Neymar, whose wages also need to be paid. From what I've heard, he'll earn about 7 million a year, which means that at this point, not counting any reduced or increased wages of other players (some are getting higher wages starting next season, but let's leave that out of it for now), Barcelona only have 4 million left until they reach the exact same amount they were spending on wages so far. Now take into consideration that some of the most important players are getting new contracts this season (I believe Iniesta, Busquets and Pique are in question, among others), and that those new contracts will surely include increased wages, and you can forget about any savings on Villa's transfer.

The savings on Villa is the 11m on wages plus the transfer fee.

What do you suggest the club should have done?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Why does everybody assume Silva has three good years left in him?

I very much doubt it, silly assumption to make.

Stric

There are no savings. It's a myth. The savings are what we save on Villa's wages, minus what we pay for Neymar's. And if you want to bring transfer fees into it, then be my guest. 57 for Neymar and 5 (max!) for Villa.

XaviMessiGirl

Why does everybody assume Silva has three good years left in him?

I very much doubt it, silly assumption to make.

I see a few more years at the very very top, but even after he gets past his prime he can still be a very good player for a while. It's like people assume he will turn from awesome to shit immediately after he turns a certain age.

L

Learo

Why not go for players who are not already playing at the wealthiest clubs in the world with no reason to sell? Dont we have any scouting network whatsoever? Buying big names with their best years behind them is not a good policy.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I see a few more years at the very very top, but even after he gets past his prime he can still be a very good player for a while. It's like people assume he will turn from awesome to shit immediately after he turns a certain age.

Maicon_633806745279072500.jpg

Home of Barca Fans