Thiago Silva

XaviMessiGirl

Maicon_633806745279072500.jpg

Zanetti.jpg

oz187

From what I've heard, he'll earn about 7 million a year, which means that at this point, not counting any reduced or increased wages of other players (some are getting higher wages starting next season, but let's leave that out of it for now), Barcelona only have 4 million left until they reach the exact same amount they were spending on wages so far.

What you are not considering is that Barca revenue is increasing around 30-40M a year.

Shegzy

I see a few more years at the very very top, but even after he gets past his prime he can still be a very good player for a while. It's like people assume he will turn from awesome to shit immediately after he turns a certain age.

he will have 1 and half good years and he will use the remaining 1 and half to decline and after that he will become useless because he will have lost his pace and most of the thing his game is built on. And within the first three he will miss up to 30 matches.

XaviMessiGirl

he will have 1 and half good years and he will use the remaining 1 and half to decline and after that he will become useless because he will have lost his pace and most of the thing his game is built on. And within the first three he will miss up to 30 matches.

How can you be 100% sure of this though? He has just as much chance to keep chugging along at the top for 5+ more years than he does to decline after a year & a half.

Shegzy

Why not go for players who are not already playing at the wealthiest clubs in the world with no reason to sell? Dont we have any scouting network whatsoever? Buying big names with their best years behind them is not a good policy.

i don't think we have any scout and if we have it is popular players they scout if not for our academy we would have spent as much as madrid and that why i am worried now that tito seems to be ignoring the academy players and wants player that can offer 3 years before we start looking for replacement for them while madrid are buying young players.

Chainsaw

Killahead

LOL

mixer

wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_Killed_Every_Year-s468x349-71815.jpg

Xavi_Hernandez

tumblr_lpvpqgfluu1qcxs8sae.gif

oz187

and what u are also not considering is that they want to expand camp nou.

I have considered that. Each 30M-40M increase in revenue will gain the club another 300M-400M over a 10 year period. If wages aren't rising at the same level then money to develop the stadium will be easily attainable.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I have considered that. Each 30M-40M increase in revenue will gain the club another 300M-400M over a 10 year period. If wages aren't rising at the same level then money to develop the stadium will be easily attainable.

From a surface level, finances and revenues always look good and point to the ability to make massive money signings, but since neither you or I are internally involved in the clubs financial branch we can't simply make the assumption that more displayed revenue leads straight to transfer/wage budget.

CatalinR10

PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) has reached a personal five-year deal with Barcelona. No progress yet between the clubs. [sport]

Home of Barca Fans