Thiago Silva

barcanuck

Never underestimate the power of a player wanting out. He can get his way if he focuses all his energy on it.

PSG are a whiney bunch, waaa we purchased 1 billion worth of players and now that one of our players wants out it's a no no for us to come after him. Meanwhile they poach everyone for double the pricing totally circumventing the fair play law established by Platini. Oh good thing Platini will turn the blind eye to it since he helped the Arabs buy PSG. Just a gong show.

Meitux

Never underestimate the power of a player wanting out. He can get his way if he focuses all his energy on it.

PSG are a whiney bunch, waaa we purchased 1 billion worth of players and now that one of our players wants out it's a no no for us to come after him. Meanwhile they poach everyone for double the pricing totally circumventing the fair play law established by Platini. Oh good thing Platini will turn the blind eye to it since he helped the Arabs buy PSG. Just a gong show.
He doesnt want to get out...how many times we need to say that he isnt unhappy there and desperate to come here?Its pointless discussing the same over and over again from the moment nothing will happen

Trickykid

I was probably posting some rumours barcastuff twitted... Surely not a predict

So, I did some digging... And, buddy, I'm sorry, but I'll have to call you out on this one. Does the phrase "The deal seems closer and closer. I am sure Rosell will figure sth out" ring a bell? You even tried to make fun of me, asking me if I was Tito, when I argued that we didn't stand a chance of signing him.

Anyhow, go have a look at the last page of the Hummels thread. That's where we had the little argument.

Meitux

None of us have any proof. Cesc was happy at Arsenal, Ronaldo at United but both wanted to come to their dream clubs.
You can't compare really.Those were different situations,PSG doesn't need any money and thats why they don't accept negotiations..

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
So, I did some digging... And, buddy, I'm sorry, but I'll have to call you out on this one. Does the phrase "The deal seems closer and closer. I am sure Rosell will figure sth out" ring a bell? You even tried to make fun of me, asking me if I was Tito, when I argued that we didn't stand a chance of signing him.

Anyhow, go have a look at the last page of the Hummels thread. That's where we had the little argument.

I see you've met mixer :lol:

Bertus

You can't compare really.Those were different situations,PSG doesn't need any money and thats why they don't accept negotiations..

Damn, my first post needed to be confirmed by a moderator so it ended at the bottom of the previous page where no one read it -.-

Anyway, as i said in my previous loooooong post, i read many people on forums/twitter that compare the Silva/psg/barca situation as if it was an ancelotti/psg/real remake, but it's not the same at all.

I won't repeat what i said already but Silva is not acting when he says that he likes Nasser as a boss and so the idea of staying in Paris for now. He really does have great trust for nasser as seen many times here in France.

And he's not ancelotti, Silva repeated many times how he respects his contract and that when he's transfered it's only when his club's owner wants to sell him.

As i also said in my previous post, i can't read the future, but I'm willing to bet you will never see silva going for a fight in a club (and a country, and a league) where he's an idol for almost everyone.

He's the star of the French League. Ibra gets more coverage but many people hate him, while Silva is loved and respected by everyone beside Barton.

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
What Bertus said, it seems that Silva and the Sheikh have a good relationship.. And I am hearing Silva constantly saying that he is happy in Paris and he has no reason to leave.

Bertus

What Bertus said, it seems that Silva and the Sheikh have a good relationship.. And I am hearing Silva constantly saying that he is happy in Paris and he has no reason to leave.

That's the thing, but some people keep saying he's acting and lying, but they sure didn't follow the french league at all. Silva knows that Nasser, the Prince there in Doha, the psg fans, the journalists and all the french medias, and almost every french football fans love him. And i trust him when he says that makes him happy to be in paris. He has no reason to lie. He was happy in paris even before the barca went down to try to recruit him (he really started to feel good here when he became the captain of the team, since then, it didn't change)). So that would mean that he was lying even when he had no reason to lie. That would be idiotic to think that.

As i said, Silva was the only one to go arms in arms with nasser during the ceremony the psg held in the Parc des Princes to celebrate their victory in the french league.

While the other players are being very very cautious with nasser, it's not silva's case at all.

Also, don't forget that even if it's true that the french league is not the best league ever, the PSG has a long history with Brazilian players. I bet lots of brazilian football fans and players know the PSG even if they don't know lots of things about the french league.

Last edited:

oz187

Yeah, but how does that adhere to the FFP? What's the use of UEFA implementing such a new policy when they clubs don't have to adhere to it anyway?

FFP isn't proactive, clubs can do whatever they like. FIFA will be making their judgements based on the end of year accounts. In the next year or two FIFA could end up banning the likes of PSG and Monaco from European competition, it remains to be seen how serious they are about FFP.

Meitux

Damn, my first post needed to be confirmed by a moderator so it ended at the bottom of the previous page where no one read it -.-

Anyway, as i said in my previous loooooong post, i read many people on forums/twitter that compare the Silva/psg/barca situation as if it was an ancelotti/psg/real remake, but it's not the same at all.

I won't repeat what i said already but Silva is not acting when he says that he likes Nasser as a boss and so the idea of staying in Paris for now. He really does have great trust for nasser as seen many times here in France.

And he's not ancelotti, Silva repeated many times how he respects his contract and that when he's transfered it's only when his club's owner wants to sell him.

As i also said in my previous post, i can't read the future, but I'm willing to bet you will never see silva going for a fight in a club (and a country, and a league) where he's an idol for almost everyone.

He's the star of the French League. Ibra gets more coverage but many people hate him, while Silva is loved and respected by everyone beside Barton.
I never said otherwise,and just because its clear that he wont push for a transfer there isnt not even a single chance of signing him.PSG have money and would never sell their captain that is one of the most important players to them

It was impossible from the first moment,nothing started at all.And now we just may lost Marquinhos because we didnt try hard for him before PSG showed up

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Our bourd is like:

playing-hard-to-get-challenge-accepted.jpg

Bertus

I never said otherwise,and just because its clear that he wont push for a transfer there isnt not even a single chance of signing him.PSG have money and would never sell their captain that is one of the most important players to them

It was impossible from the first moment,nothing started at all.And now we just may lost Marquinhos because we didnt try hard for him before PSG showed up

I didn't imply you said otherwise, i implied your club's management said otherwise.

It's like Rosell and Tito think any player and club will bend to them as long as they want to bring a player to their club. They are not even trying to hide it. They expect anyone to bend over because "they are the Barca".

I know many people hate clubs like the PSG and Monaco, yet clubs like these ones can really teach some
humility to clubs like the Barca.

Plus, as i said before, Rosell is giving a really, really bad image. The french newspaper are reporting that's the first time a BIG club's president is publicly, on TV seen by the whole world, asking a player to go for a clash with his club.

The Barca is not some Mafia and somebody has to teach it to Rosell. Weither it's the PSG or any other club.

Our bourd is like:

playing-hard-to-get-challenge-accepted.jpg

As i posted in the Rumor thread :

I think that's what they are planning.

prensa2.jpg

The Barca wants to start a war.

I don't know what Rosell is smoking and even if everything can happen because i don't know the future, i don't see how it is possible at the moment :

- Silva said he'll stay and that the barca pressuring him to go for a clash is a lost cause because he never did it and doesn't plan to do it in the future here and in his future clubs. Especially in a club like PSG that he doesn't want to leave because he's happy where he is. He said it today again actually,, it's all over the french newspapers.
- His agent said that he will stay, two times already. Once as the vox of TS himself.
- Doha doesn't want to sell him and is prepared for War as Nasser showed it two days ago.
- The french soccer laws are clear, No release clause, clubs that own a player have the last words on transfers, and contracts have to be respected. I don't remind any case where a player won any "war" on court against his club here. It's always the club that decides. If in the past the french clubs gave an impression that they always sell it's because almost all french clubs need money. Sadly for Rosell, the PSG is not one of them.

I don't know what Rosell can plan. To threaten in any way the PSG, Doha, Silva himself? TBH, if i had to fear somebody, i would fear the qataris more than the Barca. And i don't say that only as a psg fan, but I really think Rosell doesn't know what he's on about. It's not like the ancelotti/real case, and Silva is not somebody who does shit on his club and boss. The Qataris are not some clowns. And the more Rosell keeps pretending they are, the more Doha will turn their back to them.

I would really like somebody to explain to me how Rosell is planning to challenge the PSG because all the odds are everything but not in rosell's favor.

ryuken

Probably trying to show cules that he tried hard to get TS but still fail and hence minimize the damage to his reputation.

Home of Barca Fans