Thiago Silva

Jadentheman

Basketball is growing as a sport globally that and it's very popular in America. You know the country with the most influence to other countries through media, networks,...force...

ebc_99

A nascar driver was nominated for athlete of the year in America alongside LeBron James so that is how I heard of him.

More people watch Nascar in USA than basketball so I don't think it is No. 2, I would say motorsport is second to football after all it does have F1, motogp, Nascar, wrc, indy, Le man's etc. F1 is the most watched sporting series or competition annually and Le man's the biggest annual event with 250 million viewers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How is LeBron James a more influential athlete than Messi? That's crazy, football is a much more popular sport than basketball. Don't assume influence on real population values, they are of course skewed to sports that are popular in high-population countries. Basketball is not as popular as football in India, although cricket dwarfs both. I'm not sure about China but I think it's fairly equal there.

As a Chinese, I can testify that soccer is FAR more popular than basketball in China, which is the case in most countries (except in the US and Canada) I'd like to think.

Given that I just can't fathom that a basketball star like James can be more influential than Messi.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
@jamrock: I define influential as having influence. Barack Obama is influential, Nelson Mandela is influential, Steve Jobs is influential.

How many kids want to be like LeBron James compared to Messi?

mac10

what i'd like to know is why they call baseball the world series when only teams from the us participate????

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
what i'd like to know is why they call baseball the world series when only teams from the us participate????

Because America is the world after all. :lol:

american_worldview.jpg

Home of Barca Fans