Thiago Silva

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I like how Lavezzi always press the defence and all his activity in the field.
The problem i have with him is, except his very poor finishing, he has 28 years.
When you buy a proven player for 30M, you expect him to be consistent throughout the season, which he was not.
It is easier to forgive younger players like Pastore, for example, beause you can still hope they will become stronger.
Previous year, Lavezzi did good in UCL but was too average in French Ligue 1.

Well you should've known what you were buying, he is inconsistent & could never finish, he's pretty much Robinho.

However on his day, he is very very good.

Bertus

You forgot the one with Traoré and Edel. ^^

Landreau has some nice compilations too. ^^

Been 2 years. Still feels like a miracle happened.

Can't believe the number of atrocious players we had to endure one after another. That time when we considered Pancrate a god and were struggling to get 2 millions to sign a player.

Please.Never.Again. :lol:

Bertus

PSG and Bordeaux arrived in Gabon.

- Thiago Silva is part of the group as is Lucas, as you can see

3228d1a6fae411e2a12d22000a1fa52e_7.jpg

bf943032f9d911e2b5f422000a9e5ad5_7.jpg

- Digne is there too

- Cavani and Marquinhos are not. Blanc thought they were not ready and will train in Paris in the meantime.

Bonus:

6fe1a4a8f92411e29c7e22000a9e5de5_7.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
For those who don't believe what i said about Lavezzi :

Happened tonight.

Now you think "'oh well, he did bad once but it happens"

He did that kind of things all along last season. Missing like 30 goals like that.

He is like that for Argentina. He is a Donkey.

Bertus

Woohoo

Second title for PSG's captain since he arrived last year, hope the list will get longer. It was hard and PSG did quite horrible at time, but at least the players were all concerned and really happy to have won

BQxpfnFCUAAGay7.jpg

3028717_psg-trophee.jpg

Bertus

So many good players, such poor display

Well, I agree kinda. First 15 min were good. Last 10 min were good. All that time between was an horror to Watch.

Pastore and Lavezzi proved they are a joke. But Pastore surpassed himself and did way worse than lavezzi :lol: :(

*-----

PSG's Captain is savouring his first trophee of the season (Via Sambafoot FR)

PSG's captain was a happy player after PSG's victory against Bordeaux on saturday night.

Champion of the League 1, and of the Confederation Cup, Thiago Silva added another trophee to his record. He added it the French Supercup. For long this summer, he was at the center of rumors, but whatever, he was very proud of this victory and wanted to share his happiness with his supporters on Instagram yesterday.

"We're always working to live this kind of happiness, and moments like this one. It really did worth it to cut off my holidays to be ready to conquer this title which really has a particular value."

--

(Notabene: Blanc was not sure that TS should be part of the starting 11. At the start when he came back from holidays, it was planned for him to play only a few minutes. In the end, he wanted to play the entire match. Which he did)

info_1375651368.jpg

Bertus

It was previously reported that TS would sign a new contract with PSG at the of the month.

RMC, a french radio, is reporting that a person close to the player revealed to them that TS signed his new contract today.

- TS is now Under contract with PSG till june 2018. His previous contract was till 2017.
- His new salary is up by 2 millions. He now earns 12 millions net per year without bonus.

Bertus

Just watched a video interview of TS on BEIN Sports.

Ill post the replay when they post it later tonight.

We learned new things about him:

- Leo was the one that transfered him to Milan. He had him 2 min on the phone and the deal was done.
- Leo was the one that convinced him to go to PSG.
- He didn't consider Barcelona at that time, it was Milan or PSG.
- He did feel good in Milan and was not sure that going to PSG was a good idea.
- The négociations between him and Leo were long, very long.
- He came in France to meet Leo at 8am and came back to Brazil at 5pm and wondered, WTF was that. It didin't go well at all.
- Then He had Leo on the phone again and from that moment, they discussed and discussed and he was convinced to come at PSG.
- Once here, he still was not sure to have made the right choice.
- Actually, till the last few matches of the last season, he was still not sure to have made the right choice.
- Then he won the french championship and was sure at that time that he made the right choice.
- He also joined PSG because he thought it would be easier to become the Captain while it was not assured to be the one at Milan.
- Since the end of the last season, he's sure that PSG is the right choice for him despite whatever some people said about him, like that he should be in a more popular club like Milan or Barca, or Madrid. He think PSG is his club.
- He pointed out again how he became close friend with President Nasser since he joined PSG.

- Last week at Gabon for the Trophee des Champions, he was actually the one to point out to Blanc that something was going wrong. Then Blanc replied, "Right, i was just about to swap a player". Right after that PSG scored two goals and won the Trophee.

Was a very good interview.

- He almost died from tuberculosis.
- He refused to let his lungs got cut while it was what was advised to him by the doctors.
- His fiancée who later became his wife abandonned all her life in Brazil to come helping him when he was ill in that little room.
- He thinks she's the bets thing to have happend to him
- He thinks his most important victory was to win against tuberculosis. Football victories are not important compared to that
- He comes from a very poor family.
- He repeated how he learned to respect people from his mother.

And more things vut now I need to eat dinner.

But now I don't have any doubts that TS never tried to clash with PSG this summer.

Last edited:

Bertus

About how he talked to Leo for the very first time, I was generous about saying "2 min" in my summary. Here how it exactly went.

"*Ring Ring Ring*"<<<<<<<< TS' phone
Thiago: "Hi?"
Leo: "Do you want to join AC Milan?"
Thiago: "Yeah, but I..."
Leo: "Ok ciao."

:lol:

I miss Leonardo already :(

Home of Barca Fans