Thiago Silva

Tomchin

Cheers for the interview Bertus, was a good read!

Just watched a video interview of TS on BEIN Sports.
- He almost died from tuberculosis.
- He refused to let his lungs got cut while it was what was advised to him by the doctors.
- His fiancée who later became his wife abandonned all her life in Brazil to come helping him when he was ill in that little room.
- He thinks she's the bets thing to have happend to him
- He thinks his most important victory was to win against tuberculosis. Football victories are not important compared to that
Hmmm, so he has (had?) tuberculosis too? Maybe he's the one who infected Marquinhos (just kidding). When did he suffer from that, was it long time ago?

- He comes from a very poor family.
Now that explains why he's so good friends with Nasser and doesn't want to leave PSG :)

Bertus

Cheers for the interview Bertus, was a good read!

Hmmm, so he has (had?) tuberculosis too? Maybe he's the one who infected Marquinhos (just kidding). When did he suffer from that, was it long time ago?

Now that explains why he's so good friends with Nasser and doesn't want to leave PSG :)

Gonna go a little further in détails from what i remember (the interview was more than 1 hour long and the replay will be up only later tonight or tomorrow)

- He was already ill when he joined Porto even if no one included himself noticed it.
- The main symptom was that he was always very tired.
- When he joined Porto, it was to be part of the A team.
- Once in Porto, he didn't know WTF happened but they put him in the B team.
- Jorge Mendes was the one who linked TS' agent with Porto.
- He still doesn't know to this day wtf happened but he's a person who forgives others. He believe they had their reasons, and to this day has no grudge at all against anyone from that time.
- He had the chance to join the DYnamo Moscou.
- Once there he discovered that their Coach was the one he had at Fluminense.
- His health started to go down the hill very vey fast
- He ended at the hospital in a less than 10m² room with a very little bed where if you turn around, you hit your head on the bidet that was next to the bed.
- He couldn't do anything and because of that, he was fired from Dynamo
- During 6 months he took médications but it had like no effect at all
- His mother visited him depsite their poor finance and tried to be strong beside him but whenever she left the room, he could hear her crying a lot.
- He cried a lot.
- His translator installed him internet and a little computer, that's what kept him from boredorm
- He played games all days to forget his problems and because he was not able to do anything.
- His fiancée went to europe, leaving her family and life in Brazil. She stopped school and all. She was 17yo
- He said it was a very important moment.
- He can't be more thankful to her
- That's how they started to live together, if we can say that in his situation.
- After he got back on track, they were really like spouses, almost married.
- They married of course. He's still with her (Bertus Note: and she's not a beauty actually. I kinda hate how many people on internet makes fun of him about his wife, while they can't understand how much he loves her more than anything)

- After 6 months in bed, doctors told him he had no choice. Either never get cured or have his lungs cut.
- He refused to have his lungs cut (It is not said, but i believe it's because of his religious faith. His mother was against too)
- They said they could do nothing to help him.
- He then met with the doctor from FC Porto
- He actually helped him to get cured.
- It took times. He had a big hole in a lung.
- A year after falling in Moscou, he was cured and didn't know what to do.
- He then met with fluminense who wanted him.
- He discovered that the doctor from Porto also was working at Fluminense.
- It was like "all the pieces of the puzzle are assembling together"
- Thanks to that he didn't have to retstart his football career from zero.

The rest you know it, Milan, PSG....

As for your second sentence, well, the money was part of the reason IMO, but he's also a very well mannered person. You can see he would never do what bale is doing for example. He believes in people, and tries to make the best of what he already has.

He might be rich but lives very simply and his favorite dish is still what his mother always prepared to him when he was a kid in that very,; very poor family : Rice and some beans with an egg.

Last edited:

Bertus

The replay of the interview with TS :)

- If you can read french, just read the subtitles
- If you speak spanish or portuguese, just listen to it

:wub:

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I could translate the whole interview even if it would take me a bit of time.

BUt i've no clue how to edit videos to change the subtitles :(
Hey, don't worry man... I am just looking out for a glimpse of the important stuff he must have spoken. That's it!!

Bertus

TS talking to beIN sports about the match against montpellier

"We weren't that good at the beginning, it was hard. Sadly at the start it didn't go well. That's an important point though, it's not an easy league. It's a nice wink to last season because we also did 1-1 here last year."

Also

de11f0fc02e011e3b23122000a1f98cf_7.jpg

Home of Barca Fans