Thiago Silva

B

barcelonista

I'd laugh if Barca sign this guy. Basically he would be the Puyol replacement and you'd degrade in that position rather than a sideways step (let's face it you can't upgrade on Puyol).

Always stated that he's overrated. Whenever I watch him play he's never been nothing but average and unexceptional.

I didn't see the first half but in the second he didn't set a foot wrong. Apart from that he had Nocerino and Emanuelson playing infront and Mesbah playing alongside him. I doubt this was the game to judge his quality.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I didn't see the first half but in the second he didn't set a foot wrong. Apart from that he had Nocerino and Emanuelson playing infront and Mesbah playing alongside him. I doubt this was the game to judge his quality.

Just saying from my P.O.V everytime I watch him he isn't all that.

DucdeOrléans

Thiago Silva has been the best defender this season together with Kompany. It's ridicules to judge him on this game.

He was Milan's best defender today. Yes, he made a huge mistake but apart from that he was pretty solid compared to his useless teammates (Abate and Mesbah) and a non-existent midfield (until Aquilani was subbed on).

dalitis8

Banned
One mistake does not a player make. Just like a wonder-goal does not a player make.

Get real people. In any case, I have to watch more of this guy to be able to tell his true value.

But I don't think that Milan can really ask 40m for him. Make it 20 and we have a deal.

gingerless

he would be perfect for us stop kidding your silly asses. with our midfield in front of him and his pace/aerial ability he would make the perfect defender

Time to jump on the Kompany bandwaggon then. Pep, y u no buy Kompany?

af97b4e4-843a-4501-a4da-402e7e128a09.jpg

Last edited:

Co0ter

Thiago and Kompany would get my two votes for best defenders this year. Thiago Silva was the best defender last year, period. I believe he won the award too.

If you actually watched even half of AC Milan's games last season and this season you'd know Thiago Silva is world-class. Not to mention other than a few mistakes he made early on his first season there, he was great his first year there too. He's the sole reason that defense was/is as good as it is, especially since Nesta isn't the player he used to be and is always injured.

ath0s

sell villa for €30m

let young players play more

buy thiago silva for €30m

Last edited:

MoFroBo

Honestly? When Pastore was sold for 45M, when you actually paid for Chgrinskiy 15M? TS is at his peak of career, he is probably best player at the moment of his position. Nesta (although man was definitely on the another level) costed 30M before this infliation level especially in football world.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we are to trust MD, Thiago Silva said he wants to stay in Milan.
That should put the rumors to bed. Enter Vertonghen and Javi Martinez.

Home of Barca Fans